Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2022, 09:09 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree about Malik...very bad casting. He looks too young and too short..he’s just plain funny looking.
Also, I can’t even look at Kate, and I don’t buy that her husband finds her at all attractive.

I see what you're saying, but it takes all kinds. And that's all I'm going to say because I don't want to start another Kate war.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:51 PM

12,842 posts, read 868,353 times
I thought it was time to point out positive moments of the show.
Here's a recent scene I liked that was heartfelt and sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBqBHziMsbk

Old 02-10-2022, 12:52 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
I thought it was time to point out positive moments of the show.
Here's a recent scene that was heartfelt and sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBqBHziMsbk
I love that Miquel is getting more attention...FINALLY.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:37 PM

903 posts, read 583,423 times
My wife and I married young (not that young). People tried to stop us. We are still married 30-years later. Let's face it, how many of us would actually listen? We think we know every thing and are invincible at that age. All they can try to do is give advice sternly, but ultimately they are going to make their decisions. Just don't enable it. Don't give them $. Don't cosign anything. They will have to deal with the consequences of their decisions. I worked two jobs for many, many years to support my family. Once I made the decision to not finish school, I was on my own.

I like Miguel. However, I imagine as her disease progresses it will get very hard on him. She may remember things with Jack longer than him.

I haven't liked Jack's brother in the show. I don't think it adds much.

I did like how Kevin called the new boy friend at the end of the last show to give him some helpful advice.

cd :O)

Old 02-10-2022, 05:22 PM

Yes, I am glad Miguel is getting more attention, too. He deserves it. I don't think Rebecca could have done any better in the second-husband department than Miguel. I also think Jack would approve.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Yes, I am glad Miguel is getting more attention, too. He deserves it. I don't think Rebecca could have done any better in the second-husband department than Miguel. I also think Jack would approve.
Yes to all of this!

Old 02-11-2022, 12:26 PM

Another of my favorite clips from this season. I like how Kate can show Kevin different perspectives on life matters. They play their parts as siblings very well. I think they always have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQCjnBsjjNs

Old 02-14-2022, 09:10 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,546 times
Even though the actor that plays Kate is obese, that doesn't mean that we should lock her away in the cupboard and make sure we don't look at her. I like that we are seeing more size diversity on TV - overweight people have been made to feel so unattractive and unlovable for so long. She has the love of her parents and siblings, as well as the love of two good men.
I don't hate Malik either! He's such a good actor - did you see him in "When They See Us". He was soooo good.
I'll be really sad when this show ends - it's really well written (even if there are episodes that I like better than others)

Old 02-14-2022, 09:25 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Even though the actor that plays Kate is obese, that doesn't mean that we should lock her away in the cupboard and make sure we don't look at her. I like that we are seeing more size diversity on TV - overweight people have been made to feel so unattractive and unlovable for so long. She has the love of her parents and siblings, as well as the love of two good men.
I don't hate Malik either! He's such a good actor - did you see him in "When They See Us". He was soooo good.
I'll be really sad when this show ends - it's really well written (even if there are episodes that I like better than others)
I tend to agree with you, except that I think it's time for it to end. I feel that way more and more about television series.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:33 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Even though the actor that plays Kate is obese, that doesn't mean that we should lock her away in the cupboard and make sure we don't look at her.
Sadly, a lot of people would disagree with you, and would prefer that overweight people in general would hide themselves away from the world completely. Apparently just existing is the same as "glorifying obesity" (what a ridiculous term)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV