Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I don't see how you cannot support J based on this? was J not the MAJOR caregiver while K was off on her book tours? Just because you view a mom to be the major caregiver, does not mean a mom is always the major caregiver, and does not mean that K is the major caregiver because she is the mom.

I don't particularly support either one over the other. All you know is what is seen in a highly edited show, and trashy gossip magazines, and gossip TV shows.

But K has hardly been the major caregiver any more than J has.
I agree. Jon is the one who quit his job to stay home with the kids while Kate went on her book tour and speaking engagements. Yes, she's earning a living for them, but Jon was home taking care of the kids. Even when he worked full time he came home and bathed and got them ready for bed every night. None of us know exactly how much Kate was gone, or exactly how much help from sitters Jon had while she was away, or how much help Kate has when Jon is away. We just don't know, so we can't judge.
edit - I heard/read that Kate is home on the week days and Jon on weekends. I'm sure that would vary. But, who's to say they don't each spend 3.5 days with them each week, or even if it is 5 days and 2 days, when the kids are at school Jon could still see them more than Kate.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 07-29-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I agree. Jon is the one who quit his job to stay home with the kids while Kate went on her book tour and speaking engagements. Yes, she's earning a living for them, but Jon was home taking care of the kids. Even when he worked full time he came home and bathed and got them ready for bed every night. None of us know exactly how much Kate was gone, or exactly how much help from sitters Jon had while she was away, or how much help Kate has when Jon is away. We just don't know, so we can't judge.
edit - I heard/read that Kate is home on the week days and Jon on weekends. I'm sure that would vary. But, who's to say they don't each spend 3.5 days with them each week, or even if it is 5 days and 2 days, when the kids are at school Jon could still see them more than Kate.
In the beginning, Jon was fired from his job.
Eventually Kate quit her job, then Jon started working with Jodi's husband.
When the gum incident happened, we never heard if Jon was fired or quit or if it was mutual.

As far as Kate leaving for book signings, this is only recently; before they all used to go. They stopped going together when they started getting threats, hired security.

Jon has said that he does not cook. In the tummy tuck episode, Kate busted her a$$ cooking so that Jon had actual meals instead of feeding the kids chicken fingers & mac & cheese.

I also don't think she had cleaning help. Laundry help yes, cleaning, no. She's too anal about how she likes it done which I can relate to. She didn't want someone to just wipe up, heck she does that every day, she wanted someone to get in there, dust under furniture, behind things.. my old specialty when I cleaned for a living.

Does she have help now? Probably. But I feel that she still does things on her own. Their new house is huge; I can't imagine her cleaning it by herself but I can be wrong.

Kate can't be anal - obsessive/compulsive and just stop. It doesn't work like that, especially where the house is concerned. She is always going to want the house spotless and no one can do it like her.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
In the beginning, Jon was fired from his job.
Eventually Kate quit her job, then Jon started working with Jodi's husband.
When the gum incident happened, we never heard if Jon was fired or quit or if it was mutual.

As far as Kate leaving for book signings, this is only recently; before they all used to go. They stopped going together when they started getting threats, hired security.

Jon has said that he does not cook. In the tummy tuck episode, Kate busted her a$$ cooking so that Jon had actual meals instead of feeding the kids chicken fingers & mac & cheese.

I also don't think she had cleaning help. Laundry help yes, cleaning, no. She's too anal about how she likes it done which I can relate to. She didn't want someone to just wipe up, heck she does that every day, she wanted someone to get in there, dust under furniture, behind things.. my old specialty when I cleaned for a living.

Does she have help now? Probably. But I feel that she still does things on her own. Their new house is huge; I can't imagine her cleaning it by herself but I can be wrong.

Kate can't be anal - obsessive/compulsive and just stop. It doesn't work like that, especially where the house is concerned. She is always going to want the house spotless and no one can do it like her.
Maybe, but none of that means that Kate is necessarily the "primary care giver" right now. If they take turns, they have to do it all when it is their turn. I'm sure the house is kept tidier when Kate is home. I am only thinking about the amount of time each parent spends with the kids now that they are split, and none of us knows that for sure. Some posters have said that Jon abandoned the family. That is way different than sharing custody of the kids, which I think is what they are doing.

edit - Jon stated that he quit his job to stay home so Kate could sign books and speak. He worked for their friend Beth's husband doing who knows what for a while, but after that is when he said he "quit." I never knew him to work for Jodi's husband, I could be wrong, but I was pretty positive it was Beth's husband.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
edit - Jon stated that he quit his job to stay home so Kate could sign books and speak. He worked for their friend Beth's husband doing who knows what for a while, but after that is when he said he "quit." I never knew him to work for Jodi's husband, I could be wrong, but I was pretty positive it was Beth's husband.
Sorry, I'm wrong, Beth's husband.
It was after the gum incident that he stopped working, so I don't know.
I actually think we don't know the whole story here either.
While Jon claims to be an IT guy, he was doing cabinets; so when he had time to get a degree, I don't know.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Sorry, I'm wrong, Beth's husband.
It was after the gum incident that he stopped working, so I don't know.
I actually think we don't know the whole story here either.
While Jon claims to be an IT guy, he was doing cabinets; so when he had time to get a degree, I don't know.
I don't think he has a degree. He might have started but I don't think he finished. Maybe he has an AA, or something. Ya, there is definitely stuff we don't know!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Good news everybody! The show will go on. They're even going to show the parents dating.

TLC: Viewers Will See Jon, Kate Date Others When Show Returns - omg! news on Yahoo!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Too funny! I have decidedly not even tried to wade through 160 pages of Jon & Kate. I actually have a life.

Here's my take on it from the very few times I actually watched some of it because my wife wanted to -- the ONLY reason I would and I'm sure I went to my cave within a very short period of time anyway.

Jon is an immature spouse and Kate is a verbally and emotionally abusive spouse. For some years in my former marriage I was the former and for all years (25 of them) the ex was the latter. Thankfully, we only ended up with five children, not eight.

Anymore, this all reminds me of a freaking peep show!

So enjoy!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Good news everybody! The show will go on. They're even going to show the parents dating.

TLC: Viewers Will See Jon, Kate Date Others When Show Returns - omg! news on Yahoo!
great--more fuel for this hate kate--elevate jon thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:14 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Let's keep this thread between the ditches please. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Let's keep this thread between the ditches please. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.