Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 02:16 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,347 times

Advertisements

The playoffs are technically live in the sense that the public votes two singers from each team, then the coach picks one to go on to the real live shows. They don't always bring back a singer each team, but when they do it is from the knockouts round usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 02:50 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
While I will continue with the season I'm not really enthusiastic. It seems like forever since I've seen Janice and Esera; Jon was montaged. I thought Brooke was amazing with Stone Cold, but Natural Woman, while she sang it well, did nothing for me as a song choice.

Reading the post from N.Cal I similarly have thought that this season is weak on music that I like. In organizing my playlists I came across a Voice contestant I haven't been listening to lately. His name is Jeffrey Austin. IIRC he came in 4th as a finalist in the season won by Jordan Smith. I admit to purchasing pretty much any version of Chandelier that I like and purchased Jordan's. But JA's "album" is the only one I purchased. The only songs I did not download to my tablet were the duet with Gwen Stefani and the Christmas carol. During his season I appreciated his take on the songs he chose/were chosen for him.

Caught a promo that the Voice will be on three nights this week?

Old 11-12-2017, 05:10 PM

I missed that season but I got Jordan's Christmas album last year! Yes: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week!

Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSinger View Post
I didn't notice that...I wonder too if they will bring back four contestants again for the live playoffs. I don't like that though as they usually don't go through anyway.
Well you're right. So far the bring backs are 0 for 2.

Previous seasons I think they had a live twitter vote at this point, didn't they? Top 2 saved, bottom 2 went home and the coach saved one out of the 2 middle contestants. This way was more difficult for the coaches but I think it's better that they get the team they really want going into the lives.

Do you think they finally are doing away with that instant vote? I know a lot of people felt left out because there were at least 2 western time zones that didn't get a vote.

Spoiler
I'm surprised Blake saved Keisha. He told her to stop doing the runs in the verses but she did them anyway. I thought those alone mucked up the song too much. Sorry to see Esera go but he chose a song tonight that was way too complicated and out of his comfort zone.

I wish JHud hadn't saved Shi'Ann. I don't think I've seen any subtleties with her. Both her guys are fine. I really like Noah.

Contestants

Old 11-14-2017, 05:19 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Thanks for posting the "contestants" link to help with their names.

I'm really liking Chloe, Janice and Davon this year.

Miley is a surprisingly good coach. Maybe when she's older she'll teach voice - she won't need to do it for financial reasons, but she'd be really good at it.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I was glad to see Blake save Chloe, she has a unique voice and I've enjoyed her performances.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
Yes, I am one of those viewers who cannot vote because I am in the Mountain time zone. Although Voice starts at 7:00 here, I always see the caption that voting is closed.

For me, Team Jennifer = Team Overwrought. Of all of them, I like Davon the best, but suspect that is because I enjoy his personality.

Esera was one of my four initial favorites. I'm very sorry to see him eliminated. While I don't know what song I would have chosen for him; the one Blake chose did not do Esera any favors. When two of the judges had specific criticisms I knew it was over for him.

There is nothing about Red that I like. It was, though, a given that he would stay. Personally I preferred Mitchell to Keisha. Chloe was great.

Three of my initial favorites are still in the running. It seems that Brooke is in the strongest position. I've read that the odds are not in favor for my two other favorites, Janice and Jon...

Old 11-15-2017, 06:36 AM

919 posts, read 789,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was glad to see Blake save Chloe, she has a unique voice and I've enjoyed her performances.
She's one of the ladies who sings with an affectation or fake accent in my opinion and I don't like that so I'm not a fan...
Just watched Monday nights so far and loved Davon, and Noah. I don't agree with overwrought but the young girl (Shai-ann?)does oversing. She has some real character to her voice that comes through sometimes in between the "runs". I hope someone teaches her how to sing.
Dave

Old 11-15-2017, 09:11 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Well you're right. So far the bring backs are 0 for 2.
Now Oh for 3.

I like Jon M now. I couldn't even remember him before but this song made him shine. I also like Adam, his voice has a really nice tone and growl. I actually like him better than Red. And Addison hopefully has permanently removed the frog from her voice. She was fine last night too. All in all I think Adam L made good choices.

Contestants

Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 PM

I was glad Jennifer brought back Lucas but sad she didn't pick him...I don't get what she and Blake see in Shi'Ann who I think oversings everything with runs...I am also very sad to see Emily go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV