Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 06:41 AM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times

Advertisements

Seriously - I am so over this show. Sure, I'll watch because apparently, I'm sick in the head! Why are they protecting Christie and Jackson so much??? Those two are just terrible people, narcissistic, selfish, attention blankety blanks! I don't enjoy watching them talk - the live feeds are so freaking boring, like, boring, like, if they say like, like one more time, like, I'll go NUTS, like. O.M.G.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 10:54 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
They had the veto meeting and of course Tommy used it on Christie. So, either Cliff or Kat will be leaving. I agree with OhioJB about the third nominee. Letting the veto be used on them is a big waste of the whole field trip idea. Apparently a lot of fans agree. What is the point?
Exactly! A complete and utter waste of time, effort, and a competition. All it accomplished was keeping ichie safe, and seeing Analyse in a chicken suit... Unless you count watching Christie cry every few seconds as an accomplishment. Pathetic.

Well, I said I would give it this week and the next HOH to determine whether I kept watching, and this week is nothing but a dud, again. If Cliff/Kat, Nicole, or Jess don't win HOH, I am probably done with this season at this point. May give until noms come out if one of the others win, just to see if any of them grew a pair, but I think I may just not care anymore.... CBS has ruined what once used to be my 2nd favorite show (behind Survivor, which they ruined last season....).

Old 08-13-2019, 11:23 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,987,907 times
Looks like a new alliance may be forming. It would include Christie, Tommy, Analyse, Nick, Cliff & Nicole. One sticking point could be Tommy's ego. He isn't happy that Nick talked to Cliff about it, then Cliff had a conversation with Analyse and I believe Christie to make sure they were on board. Those two girls are excited about having Cliff in the alliance because he's good in mental comps and he sticks to his word. Tommy is perturbed because it's his HoH and it seems he believes the conversation should have been between himself and Cliff first. Not sure if Nicole was told about the potential alliance yet. She and Nick have become buddies of late, btw.

If this happens we'll have to see how dedicated to it Cliff stays. Not that many HGs left outside of that alliance after Kat (presumably) gets evicted Thursday night.

Cliff has wanted to work with Jackson and Holly pretty much from the beginning but it has never panned out. Supposedly Cliff talked to either both of them yesterday or just Jackson and he didn't seem to want to work with Cliff. He and Holly still plan on voting to evict him. Mistake on their part, especially if one of them doesn't win HoH because they will be targeted.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 PM

WHY weren't they a target this week? Tommy was an idiot not getting out Jackson! I simply don't understand this group think crap. "I don't want blood on my hands", "I don't want the house mad at me", "I'm doing what the house wants" - what the HECK??? (you know what I'm saying haha) Seriously, are you playing the game or playing someone elses? Are you someone who has to be told what to think and then told how to think about what you were just told??? I'm so over this low brow nonsense. Come on Big Brother, you're almost as bad as the news!

Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
WHY weren't they a target this week? Tommy was an idiot not getting out Jackson! I simply don't understand this group think crap. "I don't want blood on my hands", "I don't want the house mad at me", "I'm doing what the house wants" - what the HECK??? (you know what I'm saying haha) Seriously, are you playing the game or playing someone elses? Are you someone who has to be told what to think and then told how to think about what you were just told??? I'm so over this low brow nonsense. Come on Big Brother, you're almost as bad as the news!
You have to remember, most of them haven't seen any seasons other than MAYBE 18-20. They think this "group think" BS is the way to go. Tommy is just an idiot, and scared to target anyone of any consequence.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have to remember, most of them haven't seen any seasons other than MAYBE 18-20. They think this "group think" BS is the way to go. Tommy is just an idiot, and scared to target anyone of any consequence.
Totally agree - and one step further, they've only seen one season because they were RECRUITED. They are supposed to have seen one season to be accepted (per application rules) into the house. However, if they're recruited, they typically watch one season in the hotel room before they go into the house. And then the quote/copy everything from THAT season. And yea, usually the last few seasons. It's SO frustrating. And yes on Tommy! He blew it. If he was even slightly smarter, he would've gotten Christie out - at least he would've had one vote in the jury house if he made it that far. It's agony to watch now. I fast forward through most of the show (mostly because I already know from the feeds) but the crying and whining and hypocrisy is too much most times.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Totally agree - and one step further, they've only seen one season because they were RECRUITED. They are supposed to have seen one season to be accepted (per application rules) into the house. However, if they're recruited, they typically watch one season in the hotel room before they go into the house. And then the quote/copy everything from THAT season. And yea, usually the last few seasons. It's SO frustrating. And yes on Tommy! He blew it. If he was even slightly smarter, he would've gotten Christie out - at least he would've had one vote in the jury house if he made it that far. It's agony to watch now. I fast forward through most of the show (mostly because I already know from the feeds) but the crying and whining and hypocrisy is too much most times.
Yea, it was so frustrating watching the pre-house interviews, because more than half of them said they were "recent fans", or had just started watching a few seasons ago. Most of them said their favorite players were someone from last season or season 19. That's why I started to like Cliff, because he was a legit fan of the show, down to listening to the RHAP podcast, and watching the live feeds. The rest are either recruits or "recent fans". I hate it. Robyn Kass needs to be fired from casting, tbh, but that isn't happening. They obviously like her for some reason, and have hired her for the next BBCAN season as well, which doesn't bode well for better casting next season.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Yea, it was so frustrating watching the pre-house interviews, because more than half of them said they were "recent fans", or had just started watching a few seasons ago. Most of them said their favorite players were someone from last season or season 19. That's why I started to like Cliff, because he was a legit fan of the show, down to listening to the RHAP podcast, and watching the live feeds. The rest are either recruits or "recent fans". I hate it. Robyn Kass needs to be fired from casting, tbh, but that isn't happening. They obviously like her for some reason, and have hired her for the next BBCAN season as well, which doesn't bode well for better casting next season.
AMEN! I'm sorry but if you can't get off your butt and actually care about the people who are fans and send in their videos and applications, or stand in long lines for the open casting calls, what the heck are you even in that job for? The days of Evil Dick or Dan or Frank or Boogie or Janelle or Brittney or wassup Kasar??? are over and that makes me so sad.

I do like Cliff for that reason - he's a true fan. If your only interest is to get noticed then BE MORE INTERESTING! Idk what the problem is but I have a hard time believing that the ratings don't reflect that crap cast they've had the last several years. Ack!

Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
AMEN! I'm sorry but if you can't get off your butt and actually care about the people who are fans and send in their videos and applications, or stand in long lines for the open casting calls, what the heck are you even in that job for? The days of Evil Dick or Dan or Frank or Boogie or Janelle or Brittney or wassup Kasar??? are over and that makes me so sad.

I do like Cliff for that reason - he's a true fan. If your only interest is to get noticed then BE MORE INTERESTING! Idk what the problem is but I have a hard time believing that the ratings don't reflect that crap cast they've had the last several years. Ack!
The problem is that she has set types she wants to cast, and instead of actually finding them at the casting calls and through the videos/apps that people send in (you know, actually putting in the work), they search Insta for "hot" people, and then ask them to be on the show. They want these "influencers" on there for some reason, instead of normal people. I don't know if they have realized, but the when the show was at its most popular, and had the best gameplay, it was with the normal people who wanted to be there to win. The people nowadays just want to get on TV and then sell products on Insta and get free vacations and photo shoots when they get off the show. It's pathetic and sad.

I yearn for the days of Dr. Will, Evel Dick, Boogie, Dan, Janelle, Danielle Reyes or Daniele Donato.... Hell, even more recent, the like of Derrick or Vanessa. The last few seasons have been pretty faces and empty shells, most of whom have never watched the show, or "just started watching". It has just not been very good lately, IMHO. As long as Kassting is still casting, and more than half the cast is recruits who have never watched and have no clue about the show, it won't get any better.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
The problem is that she has set types she wants to cast, and instead of actually finding them at the casting calls and through the videos/apps that people send in (you know, actually putting in the work), they search Insta for "hot" people, and then ask them to be on the show. They want these "influencers" on there for some reason, instead of normal people. I don't know if they have realized, but the when the show was at its most popular, and had the best gameplay, it was with the normal people who wanted to be there to win. The people nowadays just want to get on TV and then sell products on Insta and get free vacations and photo shoots when they get off the show. It's pathetic and sad.

I yearn for the days of Dr. Will, Evel Dick, Boogie, Dan, Janelle, Danielle Reyes or Daniele Donato.... Hell, even more recent, the like of Derrick or Vanessa. The last few seasons have been pretty faces and empty shells, most of whom have never watched the show, or "just started watching". It has just not been very good lately, IMHO. As long as Kassting is still casting, and more than half the cast is recruits who have never watched and have no clue about the show, it won't get any better.
Exactly right! You nailed it!

I guess I'm old enough to not give a crap about Instagram and the influencer thing - seriously, how can people grow up to want that as a goal? But, I guess, times are indeed changing. I'm pretty "with it" though - I just don't understand how that matters to our show. Who did they influence LOL??? Anyway, very good points and I totally agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV