Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 12:25 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times

Advertisements

Some of the buyers who make me chuckle are the ones who walk into the master bedroom and exclaim, "Oh, this is SO small." And the next house, the room is the same size but there's no furniture and they exclaim, "Now this is more like it! Perfect!"

And wouldn't we all like to have a dollar for each and every time one them walks in the front door and says, "Oh wow!" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 01:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botre' View Post
I enjoy house hunters, but like most people I get annoyed with people who have snobby attitudes (you know what I mean, "where's the granite...dishwasher...hardwood floors...dedicated office...fireplace...pool, en suite bathroom, etc. And when told the price that all that would cost, they cringe in horror "HOW MUCH?!?") I remember a show once where the husband kept complaining that all the rooms, (which were very, very spacious) were just much too small for his liking. The realtor finally turned to him and asked "Where do you live now? A castle?" It brought his grandiose expectations back to reality. Every couple also seems to do more "entertaining" than most people I know combined. And nobody seems to want a yard, they want "a garden" It also seems lately that I can tell which episode it is by the end of the intro. I would be nice to see a few of the older, more original shows. They could call it "Houses Hunters: Classic Edition" or something like that.
The funny thing is most real castles would have way too tiny rooms for this guy. The country homes had larger rooms, but they came much later. Most castles were basicially fortresses people lived in.

Maybe he'd like something like Downton Abbey.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Oh, but Downton Abbey has too many separate rooms! The only "open plan" room is that big front hall area. The House Hunters couples would be complaining that there are walls between all the rooms, and they (gasp) can't see into the kitchen, which (gasp) is in the basement! And I don't recall Downton having granite counters.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Oh, but Downton Abbey has too many separate rooms! The only "open plan" room is that big front hall area. The House Hunters couples would be complaining that there are walls between all the rooms, and they (gasp) can't see into the kitchen, which (gasp) is in the basement! And I don't recall Downton having granite counters.
I guess they could agree it has a big back yard. But no pool.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Thanks for the laugh TracySam!

I think the unspoken rules for being selected to be on the show are:

1) You have to want an older house with lots of charm and character but with an open concept floor plan and closets and bathrooms the size of a football stadium. This seems especially true in areas of the country where they have older (pre-WWII) homes. I don't see it so much in the SW.

2) You must require granite, stainless steel, crown molding, hardwood floors, perfect paint colors, and the previous owners have to have it decorated to your tastes.

3) You must entertain a lot of people all the time and need the space to do so.

4) The wife/girlfriend must have more clothes than a shopping mall and must make the comment about the closet only being okay for her clothes and where is the husband/boyfriend going to put his stuff.

Funny how at the beginning of the shows I've seen lately, the house hunters say they must have x, y, and z and the house they chose doesn't have x, y, and/or z.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
One thing about condos: The purchasers always ask about the condo association fees, but the realtors could tell them the equivalent price add-on that the condo association fees would amount to. E.g., "That $200/month association fee is like paying another $30,000 for the house" or whatever it is.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 PM

389 posts, read 916,989 times
^^ But the realtor would have to know how long they would be living in the condo.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
People sure "entertain" a lot on this show lol. I might have people over 2x a year!

Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 949 times
We have a Six years old moderate Autistic son and we live in Bartlett District U46. We want to move out of DU46 our son is having a regression despite of all the ABA therapy we think it is a school. Considering out job We have 3 option Schaumburg, Mount-prospect and Des-plain does anyone know out of these three which one has a best special need school district.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:03 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvp123 View Post
We have a Six years old moderate Autistic son and we live in Bartlett District U46. We want to move out of DU46 our son is having a regression despite of all the ABA therapy we think it is a school. Considering out job We have 3 option Schaumburg, Mount-prospect and Des-plain does anyone know out of these three which one has a best special need school district.
Hi, I believe you've posted in the wrong forum. Oddly, I happen to know where in the US those suburbs are!

Repost here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chicago-suburbs/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV