Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 04:41 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If I were on one of these I would take a vow not to say 'wow', 'amazing', 'lots of light', 'too small', 'we like to entertain' or make fun of the tile, carpet, wallpaper etc...
I must be really perverse (shut up) but I would so love to go on this show and say nothing BUT "wow", "amazing" "lots of light" "don't like the countertops", "Oooh! double sinks!" and the ever-popular "we like to entertain". Just have maybe 5 or 6 words or phrases and just repeat them over and over. Do you think they'd ever show it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
99% of the time they are chopping red peppers. watch for it!

you can usually tell when they're actually cooking and when they're just chopping for the camera. if it's red peppers, they're probably not really cooking.

LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to watch for that from now on.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I would really appreciate it if they brought Suzanne Whang back. I don't like the voice of this new person...and we never get to see her. Shoot, bring Star Jones back! I wouldn't mind more New York City episodes!
I really enjoy the NYC epis. It's just hard for me to imagine living in one of those teeny-tiny apts. I like the pre-war apartments, though. I also like the lofts. I never take my closets for granted after seeing those NYC shows.

I simply do not understand how folks can pay those prices.

International is my favorite. I learn so much about different places from that show. The business practices are interesting.

I thought the show in Spain with the English couple who wanted a cave house was great.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I liked the 'small space' shows, I think there were two of them...some of them did some pretty ingenious things...

Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
and let us not forget the genius lines, "this room is small but I DO like the ceiling fan!" or "I like the house but not too sure about the celing fan"
OMG those people are too dumb to own a home I tell ya!!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
and let us not forget the genius lines, "this room is small but I DO like the ceiling fan!" or "I like the house but not too sure about the celing fan"
OMG those people are too dumb to own a home I tell ya!!

LOL. I have ceiling fans in nearly every room and they are tasteful, of course. The only problem I have with them is that they draw visitors eyes to the ceilings which are popcorn (or cottage cheese) that I now understand from House Hunters is a bad thing.

I'm not going to change them, either. Too much work. Besides I still need granite counter tops (so I can chop red peppers), wood floors, stainless appliances and a conversion of my third bedroom into an office even though I am retired and don't need an office. Plus, I want to put gen-u-ine gold leaf on the wet bar because I do so much entertaining......not.

Actually, I am up-town-Saturday-Night because I have two (not granite) sinks in the master bath. Yes, indeedy, life is good in a 31 year old house that I bought new and is totally paid off. yuk yuk yuk.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:44 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Wait, wait, wait.....

What about the idiots that say.....Lots of natural light..

Like tell me how many types of light shine through a window?

Does someone stand on a scaffold and shine ultra rays through the window?

Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I really enjoy the NYC epis. It's just hard for me to imagine living in one of those teeny-tiny apts. I like the pre-war apartments, though. I also like the lofts. I never take my closets for granted after seeing those NYC shows.

I simply do not understand how folks can pay those prices.

International is my favorite. I learn so much about different places from that show. The business practices are interesting.

I thought the show in Spain with the English couple who wanted a cave house was great.

It really is a sin, but it is so true, here in NYC the apartments really are small, most of them obviously were built for the needs of the people back then, but by today's standards they really are small. A lot of them do not even have closets and yet, for some reason, people will still pay exoberant (sp) amounts of money for them.....

Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
LOL. I have ceiling fans in nearly every room and they are tasteful, of course. The only problem I have with them is that they draw visitors eyes to the ceilings which are popcorn (or cottage cheese) that I now understand from House Hunters is a bad thing.

I'm not going to change them, either. Too much work. Besides I still need granite counter tops (so I can chop red peppers), wood floors, stainless appliances and a conversion of my third bedroom into an office even though I am retired and don't need an office. Plus, I want to put gen-u-ine gold leaf on the wet bar because I do so much entertaining......not.

Actually, I am up-town-Saturday-Night because I have two (not granite) sinks in the master bath. Yes, indeedy, life is good in a 31 year old house that I bought new and is totally paid off. yuk yuk yuk.

You are too funny!! I am freaking crying right now. I agree with everything you say!!! and, I will have to take notice of the red pepper thing too.

I don't have ceiling fans, but I do have popcorn ceilings, and I like them, so ha.....(stick out toungue here), so I will never remove them for potential buyers.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Wait, wait, wait.....

What about the idiots that say.....Lots of natural light..

Like tell me how many types of light shine through a window?

Does someone stand on a scaffold and shine ultra rays through the window?
exactly!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV