Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Come on.............5-6 guys vs 2 cops and they can't kill'em?
No kidding. Both Hank and Gomez were in between Walts car and Hanks. From the angle of the view for Todd and crew, Hank was partially behind his vehicle but Gomez was out in the open (Gilligans way of saying that Gomez will be killed and Hank only injured?).

How did Todd, his uncle and their crew get there so fast. It's not like Hank, and all, were right down the street, they were way out in the boonies - more than a 10-15 minute car drive away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I hate to say it, because I love me some Hank, but I think Hank gets killed. Along with Gomez. Too bad.

I think Jesse gets away, and Walt is captured by the bad guys and has to cook.

We'll see!
I bet Jesse is already gone, he was grabbing at the door handle a couple of times during the standoff. He probably slipped out of the car and took cover in the trees and rocks that were in front of the car while everyone else was too busy shooting at each other to notice him getting away. Then he worked his way into the hills. Walt saw smoke, so maybe there is someone else (tribal policeman/policemen?) out there. If there is then maybe Jesse runs across them and gets help from them, and help for the injured Hank. (or the tribal policeman/men heard the shots and worked his/their way through the rocks to see what was going on, they run across Jesse and Jesse tells them that Hank and Gomez are DEA)
When Todd and crew were driving up Hank mentioned that they could be tribal police, that's why I think it was a tribal policeman (or more than one) who had the fire going.

Oh and ....... Jesse finally called Walt by his first name (I had wondered how long it would be before he did that).

Last edited by berdee; 09-09-2013 at 12:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How did Todd, his uncle and their crew get there so fast. It's not like Hank, and all, were right down the street, they were way out in the boonies - more than a 10-15 minute car drive away.

Walt saw smoke,
Gilligan cuts to a new scene to show that time passes. Walt does not come out right away, it took awhile.

I don't think Walt saw smoke, instead he saw dust, and I thought he saw it right before Hank and Gomez arrived?

But I agree, with all the shooting, someone should at least be injured!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I bet Jesse is already gone, he was grabbing at the door handle a couple of times during the standoff. He probably slipped out of the car and took cover in the trees and rocks that were in front of the car while everyone else was too busy shooting at each other to notice him getting away. Then he worked his way into the hills. Walt saw smoke, so maybe there is someone else (tribal policeman/policemen?) out there. If there is then maybe Jesse runs across them and gets help from them, and help for the injured Hank. (or the tribal policeman/men heard the shots and worked his/their way through the rocks to see what was going on, they run across Jesse and Jesse tells them that Hank and Gomez are DEA)
When Todd and crew were driving up Hank mentioned that they could be tribal police, that's why I think it was a tribal policeman (or more than one) who had the fire going.

Oh and ....... Jesse finally called Walt by his first name (I had wondered how long it would be before he did that).
I think that would be great if the white supremacists went out like Custer's army on tribal land. I missed him being called Walter...I guess that symbolizes who was in control.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
can you believe this?

Outrage as toy company creates 'crystal meth lab' for children with Breaking Bad play sets | Mail Online

Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I don't think Walt saw smoke, instead he saw dust, and I thought he saw it right before Hank and Gomez arrived?
Yeah you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think that would be great if the white supremacists went out like Custer's army on tribal land. I missed him being called Walter...I guess that symbolizes who was in control.
When Walt was driving and on the phone with Jesse, right after Jesse tells him that the van had GPS ..

Walt - "Look, Jesse, I don't know what you're planning on doing here but"
Jesse - "Well, I'll give you a hint, Walt, it involves a couple of 5 gallon cans of gasoline and a lighter"
(I bolded Walts name because Jesse said his name forcefully)

Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
I'm really betting on Hank and Gomez being dead. Even as Hank was talking to Marie, I waas thinking, "Wow. This really feels like last words."

As for the shooters' complete inability to hit anything accurately ... that's actually pretty realistic. Watch COPS. Read soldiers accounts of firefights. When adrenaline is high and you're scared out of your mind, it's really hard to hit anything. I've seen videos of cops emptying their guns on assailants from 15 ft away and not hitting the guy once. But I really do suspect Hank and Gomez are not walking away from this one. Hank dying is probably the one thing that will push Walt over the edge into watching his empire burn.

I think Jesse is still alive though.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 AM

That's pretty bad!!

Some cafe in Glasgow was criticized for making cupcakes with rock candy made to look like BB's blue meth. There are recipes on the web for making the blue meth rock candy and for the cupcakes (with the rock candy either on the icing or tucked inside the center of the cupcakes) and for other candies topped with the blue meth rock candy.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
It is pretty horrible.

But keep in mind that collectibles like that are rarely bought by children. Most stuff like that is bought by 35 year old nerds who spend most of their paycheck at the comic book store.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Aim doesn't matter that much when you have guns that never run out of bullets.
It was almost a jump the shark moment on the otherwise excellent show. The guy with the M4 looked like he had a bead on one of the two. The long gun rounds would have passed through the sheet metal of both sides of the car like butter. They should have indeed died or been shot in the first few seconds. (edit - Someone compared this to a soldier's battle where thousands of rounds are typically exchanged in an attempt to justify this. Not the same at all, much of traditional battle fire is suppressing fire with both sides in cover, with the intention not to hit a target, but to ensure a target does not return fire in order to maneuver. I also understand, automatic weapons on full auto are notoriously innacurate. Still...)

And then leaving it as a cliffhanger....because of that I have to conclude that only Gomez dies, Henk survives, probably injured, maybe one or two of the no-names from the gang is shoot. Otherwise it would have been a much better ending to have Henk or Jessee die so we can contemplate the fallout from this death on the remainder of the show. All too predictable.

Last edited by Dd714; 09-09-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 07:35 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Why was Walt so furiously calling off the neo-nazi group? After realizing Hank had him (and his money), wouldn't he want them to come in and possibly free him? Doesn't make sense.

And yes, the typical Hollywood shootout (from close range) where no one can hit anything was very disappointing. Although, maybe it was misleading and come next Sunday, we'll find out many players were killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV