Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:00 AM

27 posts, read 69,432 times

Advertisements

Yes i requested new assignment none available and i followed call off procedure my job actually let me go early the day i was admitted they had me sign a paper stating i refused an ambulance ride but all procedures was followed i called off appropriately i was only let go because its a piint system so regaurdless if you in hospital or not you still held accountable for missing a day during orientation does that make a difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 09:23 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,089,688 times
I don't know. You can expect that because the temp agency eats the cost of your UI claim that they might very have a different story to tell. You have to be able to PROVE what you did, and I suspect you can't because you didn't see it coming that things would turn out like this.

If you had, you'd have been coming on here posting, "I'm about to take a temp job. What are the pitfalls?" and "I'm about to go into the hospital, what do I need to do to protect my job and my rights to UI if they terminate me?"

When you showed up, you thought you were "laid off," but you weren't, and you're more worried about your waiting week than getting your benefits back based on the separation issue. You need to learn UI or you're going to be disappointed. The problem is that you can't change the things you did in the past, and you needed to do certain things BEFORE you lost your job.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 AM

I have proof i have my hospital documents

Old 05-01-2017, 09:29 AM

That only proves that you were in the hospital. It doesn't prove that you correctly communicated your situation to your employer and the client.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:30 AM

I was worried about waiting week before i got second letter for interview im on here posting because i just got new letter today letter states i was discharged from temp agency name which i was not i was discharged from assignment and have discharge papers with hospital dates on it so yes i was discharged from assignment not agencyand i have papers proving hospital stay along with my doctors info actually the day i was hospitalized job actually suggested i go home because i was so sick i was admitted that day so thats why im now asking will they approve me as long as i am still with agency itself and as long as i have proof of being in hospital? The second letter came today after post about waiting week

Old 05-01-2017, 09:32 AM

I have email from recruiter stating that i was let go of assigment not agency for attendance also along with all of the emails communicated through us while i was in hospital??

Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 AM

And i signed letter for client refusing an ambulance so that is proof that i communicated with client was it anything else i needed besides that i have no reason to lie about filing im an honest person so i would not lie about anything thats why i keep things like emails dates letters and documents

Old 05-01-2017, 09:59 AM

???::

Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM

So you communicated with the client. Did you contact the agency prior to going into the hospital so they could send a substitute?

Do you have a letter from your doctor that you're all better?

Can you prove that you asked the temp agency for a new assignment?

Do you have anything in writing from the agency that nothing is available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwhite8183 View Post
im an honest person so i would not lie about anything
But you did. You told the UI people that you were "laid off," and now they know you were fired. You do lie. You're no better than anyone else or the many others that have come before that misrepresented why they weren't at their jobs anymore.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:04 PM

No i told them i was layed off because i was discharged from assignment not agency and there was no selection in drop down for still with agency but temporarily out of work why would i select got fired from agency i was filing for if they are not the ones who let me go?????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment