Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 134,528 times

Advertisements

I filed for unemployment on 12/26/12 and my call in date is not until 1/18/12. I can't remember if having a 3 week gap is typical? Just seems like waiting 3 weeks for a 1 week check doesn't sound right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
In many states, it takes two-three weeks to get benefits rolling, depending on when you file, if claims are paid weekly or biweekly, and if there is a waiting week.

You filed your claim in the middle of the week, 12/28. Benefits are paid Sunday-Saturday. You receive no benefits for the two remaining days (Thursday/Friday) for that week ending 12/31.

Illinois has a one week waiting period. Therefore, the following week, January 1-7, serves as the waiting week. Again, no benefits.

The first week you are entitled to benefits is the week ending January 14th. Your call-in date for those benefits is January 18th.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM

10 posts, read 134,528 times
Thank you! Its all coming back to me now... then on my 2nd call in, my check will be for 2 weeks which will catch me up. I do remember the employee at IDES telling me that.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 61,142 times
I filed on October 3rd. I had to do a phone interview on October 20th. I have certified now 2 times. Just certified today November 1st. So I have certified for a total of 4 weeks. How long do I have to wait for my 1st check in Illinois and how many weeks will it be for?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,064,506 times
WHY you lost your job will have a whole lot more to do with whether you get UI rather than when you filed. If it were a clean lay off, there wouldn't have been a phone interview so something's up.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:10 AM

2 posts, read 61,142 times
I got approved after the phone interview the accusations weren't true and they couldn't prove it so I hot approved for benifits

Old 11-02-2016, 02:34 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,064,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANYELLLEW View Post
phone interview on October 20th.
Quote:
I got approved after the phone interview the accusations weren't true and they couldn't prove it so I hot approved for benifits
You were lied to. If you'd been approved after the phone interview, payment would have been released that day.

Chances are that the employer was encouraged to "get proof," and just maybe they succeeded.

Discuss WHY you lost your job because if you have to appeal, you need to be ready. Too many people get help when it's way too late to have been able to do the most good for the least amount of work.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I filed on October 3rd. I had to do a phone interview on October 20th. I have certified now 2 times. Just certified today November 1st. So I have certified for a total of 4 weeks. How long do I have to wait for my 1st check in Illinois and how many weeks will it be for?
Quote:
How do you know you got approved? Did you get a letter saying you were approved? If so, then call Illinois and ask where your money is.

Otherwise, the reality is since you were interviewed two weeks ago and still have not received benefits, there has been no approval. If employer says misconduct, employer doesn't need to prove anything to the interviewer. The mere accusation of misconduct is enough for a denial - no matter what you say. You then need to appeal this denial. The employer's accusations will be examined more carefully at appeal.

You should be receiving a determination letter from the State of Illinois soon. Until you get that, don't assume you've been approved.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:07 PM

27 posts, read 69,370 times
I recieved my first unemployment payment this week but its only for a week, i filed on November 7th monday , my next cerification day is for november 21st monday, will it be the full 2 week payment on that one?

Old 11-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwhite8183 View Post
I recieved my first unemployment payment this week but its only for a week, i filed on November 7th monday , my next cerification day is for november 21st monday, will it be the full 2 week payment on that one?
Yes. First week in most states these days is an unpaid waiting week, so the first biweekly claim pays only the second week. Thereafter, you should be receiving two weeks' benefits per claim period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment