Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM

16 posts, read 35,388 times

Advertisements

wolterclan: Thanks!!! The second number [(909) 383-4663] got me to a human: they referred me to the right office for Santa Cruz County Unemployment Development: 619-525-4995. Still trying to get through to a human there, but I called at lunchtime, so I hope to have better luck in the afternoon.

Also found this online (I googled "Unemployment development office santa cruz county, ca" and it was on a news site called Patch.com): 831-464-6286. It's the EDD office for the county - and about 10 miles away. Sad that it's not listed on ca.gov, but good that someone has it posted. The closest location I could find on ca.gov was Monterey: a good 60 miles from me!!!

I reached a human there, they took my info and said they'd have someone who can help me get my filing straightened out call me. I can also go in anytime, no appointments. 2045 40th Ave Capitola, CA 95010

Last edited by ibbitybibbitybop; 11-19-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,823 times
I found this tip elsewhere online (link below). Try calling the Vietnamese phone number. I waited about 20 minutes on hold without music, but finally, I talked to someone, who transferred me to 2 other people but finally I did get some answers and help. It beats wasting all day online trying the main number in English!

1. Call EDD on their Vietnamese line at (800) 547-2058.
2. As soon as you hear ANY WORDS spoken (you would normally hear "Welcome to the Employment Development Department...") DIAL "1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 7".
3. Wait for the message to finish in Vietnamese (for me, there seemed to be about 3 different Vietnamese messages until finally I heard the hold/transfer music). Next, you will hopefully hear it switch to their "on-hold" music and someone will pick up soon. The person I talked to answered in English and asked me to hold. I then waited about 20 minutes on a silent hold without music.
Finally she addressed my call and then I was transferred, but eventually got the help I needed.

I found the info here : [url=http://eddca.d4go.com/tricks-to-get-through-to-california-unemployment.html]Tricks to Get a Live Person at CA Unemployment - Get Though to the California EDD[/url]

Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM

112 posts, read 285,662 times
[quote
1. Call EDD on their Vietnamese line at (800) 547-2058.
2. As soon as you hear ANY WORDS spoken (you would normally hear "Welcome to the Employment Development Department...") DIAL "1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 7".
3. Wait for the message to finish in Vietnamese (for me, there seemed to be about 3 different Vietnamese messages until finally I heard the hold/transfer music). Next, you will hopefully hear it switch to their "on-hold" music and someone will pick up soon. The person I talked to answered in English and asked me to hold. I then waited about 20 minutes on a silent hold without music.
Finally she addressed my call and then I was transferred, but eventually got the help I needed.

I found the info here : Tricks to Get a Live Person at CA Unemployment - Get Though to the California EDD[/quote]

For some reason it is not working for me. Am I to pause between the numbers listed above?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 PM

19 posts, read 61,400 times
"
Originally Posted by JMR521
I have been trying for days and just found this & it WORKED -

800-547-2058

wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep"

This literally just worked for me at 4:42pm this afternoon. The lady was very very nice and I apologized profusely for being sneaky. She laughed and helped me.

My advice...be really polite.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM

@SoSee1 - I did get through with that combination and the lady was very nice. I knew how to say Hello in Vietnamese so she thought I was Vietnamese. She helped me and got my funds released. I got my money this morning and I was one happy dislocated worker

I listened to that automated guy so much, I began understanding what he was saying...how funny is that?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 PM

19 posts, read 61,400 times
Awesome!! Sometimes it does pay to be nice to the EDD folks. After all, they could just as easily hangup on us.

I always get more bees with sugar versus vinegar. :

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM

My lady was very nice. She was a smart ass but in a very kind and teaching way. She turned me on to an error that I have been making all along and didn't realize it. She set me straight by giving me an English language lesson (HA). Seriously, she pointed out some things to me and I felt like a complete dumbass, but I lived and thanked her up one street and down another.

Yes, you have to be nice, even if the other person is rude or has a crappy attitude. I had a person back in 2009 who didn't have the best phone disposition, but end the end she helped me and gave me some advice.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,602 times
The Vietnamese tactic worked for me today! Called at about 10A PST. The lady was extremely nice and I was only on hold for about 5 min. Thanks for the tip!!

Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
Default Number worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Glad that worked. I posted that number a few pages back.

Not sure if anyone tried it, because it appears people thought it went to an "office." Whatever works, just do it.

It clearly worked for you.

This number worked for me - it was picked up right away by a nice man who answered my question. Took less than a minute.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 9,222 times
Holy crap- this totally worked for me with a minimum of waiting- perhaps a minute. A very nice Vietnamese lady helped me out and it was all done in about 15 minutes. Thank you very much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment