Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM

377 posts, read 589,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmarabianz View Post
Thanks for the tip
You're welcome. I'm glad my post was of value to you.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 AM

194 posts, read 314,530 times
Darn,

I go to bed and then open this thread up?????? Why all the hate???

Most of us are in the same boat we just have different opinions right.
I think we are all under a great deal of stress and I can understand that I seem to snap at people in my own family these days, but I needed to take a step back and look at it another way, it's no one's fault here that we are in this mess we are in this as a group that shares a common goal at least that's what I would hope. Lets take a 10 sec pause before we attack each other because this is really starting to get more and more depressing each day I come on this forum. I think if we were all in one room we would find out how much we have in common not only because we are unemployed at this time. I want the same thing everyone here does.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 AM

139 posts, read 291,072 times
does anyone know if information has come out for the % on unemployment for May.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 AM

143 posts, read 225,285 times
On PA unemployment website this was posted:
http://www.dli.state.pa.us/portal/se...ylvanians.html

Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 AM

225 posts, read 546,967 times
Is there going to be another vote soon? I heard by the end of the week but that was here-say. I'm desperate. My car payment is very late now and I hate having to watch out of the window at night in hopes that the repo guy isn't on his way. I still have most of my EB left if they'd pass this bill I could make that payment and I have an interview at Regions Bank coming up and I don't live on Public Transit.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 AM

143 posts, read 225,285 times
I hear ya. I have a car payment due too. When I got the car my life was going good. But then the economy went down the crapper which was not the little people fault. Stupid people playing with oil futures, stocks, and banks sent everything down the hill. I guess all these people forget who gets them their money. If we have no money then they will just fall again.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:34 AM

162 posts, read 313,154 times
Senate will return to federal unemployment benefit extension after nominations | MLive.com

the slimmed down hr4213 will be revealed at some point this afternoon

Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM

613 posts, read 961,635 times
Republican leaders walk fine line on unemployment - TheHill.com

"A fiscal conservative lawmaker who requested anonymity said that members in his party would have a tough time voting against a standalone jobless benefits bill".

Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 AM

208 posts, read 552,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentals View Post
Darn,

I go to bed and then open this thread up?????? Why all the hate???

Most of us are in the same boat we just have different opinions right.
I think we are all under a great deal of stress and I can understand that I seem to snap at people in my own family these days, but I needed to take a step back and look at it another way, it's no one's fault here that we are in this mess we are in this as a group that shares a common goal at least that's what I would hope. Lets take a 10 sec pause before we attack each other because this is really starting to get more and more depressing each day I come on this forum. I think if we were all in one room we would find out how much we have in common not only because we are unemployed at this time. I want the same thing everyone here does.
on a certain level, we are a kind of family and family's often squabble
lets try not to make too much of it
the info on these sites has been invaluable to me
i think long term unemployment makes it easier to rub our nerves the wrong way

Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 AM

600 posts, read 1,075,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywantsme View Post
on a certain level, we are a kind of family and family's often squabble
lets try not to make too much of it
the info on these sites has been invaluable to me
i think long term unemployment makes it easier to rub our nerves the wrong way
This.

And I'd like to apologize to Diorgirl for jumping down her throat last night. Honestly, the stress of all of this is really wearing me down and I'm just trying to keep myself as positive minded as possible, so when I read things that are negative, it just adds fuel to a fire that is burning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment