Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:15 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I never knew that! I am always batting moths away from my work space at home. They come RIGHT IN MY FACE, and this has only been happening for six months or so, since I got heavily into genealogy...maybe that's "them" responding/connecting. That's pretty fascinating.
Reading about butterflies as signs of death gave me chills.

Several years ago we lost our beloved family dog. We literally "lost" her and did not know if she was stolen or might have been taken by predators out of our back yard. It was such an agonizing time and in our desperate need for direction, we consulted a pet psychic.

Not sure I believed in such things, I listened to her comments with an open mind and they led me on a wild goose chase throughout our rural neighborhood trying to find her based on the psychic's clues.

This was all going on in March and it was cold out. Very cold. One day I was driving around frantically in my bereavement and pulled over to the side of the road as I began to cry uncontrollably in my grief and frustration. I sat in the car crying and for no reason at all looked out the windshield in front of me.

In that moment there was a Monarch butterfly fluttering over my car's hood. Just dancing and fluttering. This struck me as very unusual, especially in cold weather, and on the side of a highway.

The next day (long story, won't go into it) I was in my backyard and saw balls of hair and fur that had blown out from under fir trees during high winds that morning. Coyote hair and distinctive dog hairs. At almost the moment I saw them I felt something on my hair and turned to see a Monarch butterfly floating and fluttering around me.

I always took that as a sign that this was saying, "Here I am. Here is where I died. Follow me and I will show you."

Interestingly as well...I always loved that song, "Dog and Butterfly" because whenever my girl would spy butterflies out in the yard she would leap up and try to catch them.

I always knew the butterfly led me to the answer of what happened to her in our backyard. Don't know HOW I knew it, but felt it with certainty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,407,299 times
Sorry for the loss of your dog, FeelinLow, but WOW, what a story!

I think my cat was killed by a coyote too. But the first night he was gone, I felt him jump on my bed and walk up the middle. The room is always lit up by a neighbor's outdoor light, but nothing was visible. He did that several times for a while after he was gone.

One day when I was extra sad, I heard his purr loudly coming from all directions around me when I went to bed.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM

25,706 posts, read 18,781,503 times
When I was a child, one of my my uncles died. He and my aunt had lived in an older home for many years. Within days of his death, the front doorbell began ringing a couple times a day (it actually happened twice when we were visiting) and nobody was at the door. It had never done that in all the time the two had lived there. This went on for a few weeks. Then it stopped and never happened again.

I was quite young at the time. But, I do remember it quite clearly. I don't recall so well what she told my parents about something really bizarre happening with the garage door, though, in these same few weeks. It was a manual door and it started doing something on its own. I wish I could remember what it was. Most all those folks are dead now, though, and my father is too old to remember any of that.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM

68 posts, read 171,990 times
Sure do. I lost 4 babies. With the 1st miscarriage, on my way home from the hospital, I heard a song on the radio that said exactly what I was feeling. Now when I'm sand and thinking about my miscarriages I will get a sign, every time! I will hear that song, or a specific line from that song (and we don't listen to the radio much at all, and dont have cable). I know my children are in Heaven watching over me!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:28 AM

42 posts, read 141,951 times
A sparkly cloud...floating in the air. Maybe somewhat like the end of a firework. Except it does not drop.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,663,818 times
I was very close to my aunt until I was about ten years old. I grew up and moved to another state but wrote to her. As time went by I knew she was getting sick but no money to go see her. One night I woke from a sound sleep to the feeling at something was being pulled from my chest. There she was, above me smiling and telling me to go with her. I told I had responsibilities here so I couldn't and then she was gone. Later I found she had died.

Just the opposite with my dad. I lost him when I was 4 and all the tears a little girl could cry in a life time, never brought him back to me for even an instant.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:17 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,833,364 times
I haven't seen anything except in my dream state, which I feel is a "visit" and not a dream because I can remember things so clearly even years later.

^^^
This: I lost a dear friend in an aircraft accident that took days to find. The bodies were never recovered because of the extreme and risky location. A few days after they found the plane I saw my friend in a very metaphorical dream of a ferry crossing a large body of water. My friend was aboard the ferry to go to the other side where I could not go. I asked him if I'd ever see him again, to which he responded, "More than once." which so like him, exactly the unpredictable tongue in cheek answer that he would give. I felt so much better being able to say goodbye.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:16 PM

431 posts, read 1,219,464 times
I posted a long post on here about this but in a nut shell....
I smelled peonies in the dead of winter in my bedroom when my dads mom passed. It was her favorite flower and she grew them. Also I went to get a drink in the middle of the night and one of my high heels fell off the table where I had put them to keep them away from the dog after getting home from the funeral. She was a shoe fanatic and had over 100 pairs.
When my moms mom passed away I smelled her roses inside my house many many times. She grew prized red climbing roses and I always admired them. I had red roses beside her casket at the funeral. She was like a mom to me...I stayed with her every day when I was little.
When papaw died in 2009 of cancer he was in hospice. I saw him in person the night he died and he held my hand and knew I was there. I told him to tell everybody in heaven I love them so much and give them hugs from me. The night after he passed ot was 3 Am and I could not sleep.so I was sitting at the table surfing the net.I was the only one up. It was dark. I felt a presence beside me. I knew it was him. I said ...papaw if its yougive me a sign. Right then my husbands heavy backpack fell out of the chair beside me. It was heeavy. A couple days later my power went out due to a storm. My kids were scared so I told them don't be afraid we will go to my moms...she has power. So I went through the house turning off switches and I said as a joke....gosh papaw was an electrician for 40 years I bet he would know how to fix our lights. So then I touched the hall switch and the lights in the hall flickered off on off on. BUT....only the hall lights....and the power was still off!! I just said I love you papaw!
So my mom and dad were papaws caregivers and they also had things happen. First a bill flew off the table and there were no breezes or ANYTHING. it was his last oxygen bill. Also they were getting ready to take his prized model a to a car show in his honor and his lawn chair fell over like he was saying ...I am here..

Thank you. He was known in our town for winning at car shows.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM

431 posts, read 1,219,464 times
Also I know orbs are a touchy subject but when we were cleaning mamaw and papaws house out in 2009 I asked ...if you are here please show in my pictures. I would say it in every room. There was an orb in every picture that had papaws chair in it......right on the chair. Also I took a pic in the basement with my son sitting on the stairs. There is an orb on top of my sons head. Papas never liked the kids on those steep stairs and he would always tell them be careful and hold their hands.

I am NOT one to try and mess with ghosts or spirits. I am sensitive to many things. However it is my opinion that loved ones can comfort us for a short time after they depart. I have not had any more visits since 2009 and that is fine.

The other thing is my sensitivity...there is an old gaveyard at the back of my inlaws farm way back in the woods with extremely old 1800s graves.Every time I would visit I got an overbearing feeling of a young woman...a mother...greiving her heart and soul out. I did not know the history so I looked it up. Turns out it used to be a huge plantation....which I knew.....but there was a young mother who lost 2 children in birth and 2 more at the ages of 6 months and 18 months. So that was the presence I felt. I can barely gonat all. When I do..I tell her from one mother to another how sorry I am for her loss and her babies are in heaven. I clean off their little graves and lay a wild flower on them of any are in bloom.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,819 times
Post yeah...

the night before my Mothers funeral, I was staying at their home, sleeping on their couch. I had done all the flowers for the service and was going to be delivering them in the morning. I heard my Mom sit down in her favorite widker chair...about 20 seconds later I heard her get up and as she left she brushed my hair out of my face...like she always did... it was such a peaceful encounter. I knew she was then gone and was alright. She just wanted to carress me once last time...
Hey, thanks for that memory!
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal