Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

I found two pennies on the ground outside of a store yesterday. What's up with people losing coins so often? Women used to have little coin purses. I guess that made sense (cents?) when you could buy a loaf of bread for a nickel. A penny was worth something. Now, many think their time is so valuable that they won't bother to waste two seconds and pick them up. I rescued those two pennies, took them home, and put them in my change mug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 01:55 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
I worked late until 9:30 last night and went to pick up a slice of pizza for the ride home. I got out of my car only to find an elderly couple. The woman was trying so hard to help her husband get into the passenger side of their van. I walked over to them and asked if hey needed any help. The woman said it would be very helpful if I could pick up he wheel chair, fold it up and put it in the back of the van, I told her I would be happy to help. As I was doing it, she asks if I know anyone in a wheelchair, as if I knew what you he hard ships were for people like them. I told her “not at all” and joked that I’ll probably need one some day, and that many people will.” They thanked me and I went inside the pizzeria. I waked back to my car and saw this super shiny round object in the dark parking lot. I picked it up and it was a dime. I felt like this one meant something because it came immediately after helping the couple where the other just appeared for no obvious reason.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:52 PM

Found another shiny dime today at the cash register at Walmart when I looked down as I was paying.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:33 AM

I found a couple of dimes since my last find but never bothered to post my findings here so it seems that the findings are dissipating. Yesterday, I was riding my bike with my kids and saw one in the street. Normally, that would mean nothing except yesterday, spent a few hours working on a song I wrote about my dime experiences last summer. I was trying a different arrangment for the verses and then a few hours later, found the dime.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:08 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
I found a quarter the other day.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 PM

Cool. Hope you used it to buy a gum ball

Old 10-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Well after my longest dime break, I think it returned. I pretty much gave up during my longest ever dry spell. I found a couple in the past 6 months but didn’t bother to post my findings. However, last Saturday, I found5/quarters that were together while walking down my street. But the next day, I went for a walk around the high school track and walked along the fence by the woods and tee was a dirt colored dime that blended in with the ground. Then, a second dime a few hours later on the ground at the cashier in the store I was in. Finally, another quarter yesterday in a parking lot. Maybe the universe is giving me a well deserved raise.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:33 PM

My dimes have returned in full force. I didn’t mention the two I found one night in 2021 after going to a Mets game. Midnight, we stopped off at a Mets game at a 711 (my son and I). One was on the floor. We then went to a grocery store right after and there was one there. There have been others also but not enough to write about.

Last week, I went food shopping around 11:45 pm at that same grocery store from 2021 and saw one on the floor. Then, I got gas next door to that store and I looked down and there it was. Today, I was in a hospital parking lot where I work and one was on the ground. Later on, walking out of the hospital, there was another one. So, four in less than a week. Just making a note of it.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:38 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
My dimes have returned in full force. I didn’t mention the two I found one night in 2021 after going to a Mets game. Midnight, we stopped off at a Mets game at a 711 (my son and I). One was on the floor. We then went to a grocery store right after and there was one there. There have been others also but not enough to write about.

Last week, I went food shopping around 11:45 pm at that same grocery store from 2021 and saw one on the floor. Then, I got gas next door to that store and I looked down and there it was. Today, I was in a hospital parking lot where I work and one was on the ground. Later on, walking out of the hospital, there was another one. So, four in less than a week. Just making a note of it.
I do a lot of walking and find a fair amount of change. Usually pennies or dimes with the occasional quarter. Can't remember the last time I found a nickel.

Old 01-04-2023, 09:44 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
When we have gone upstairs to play our harps in the clouds, it is probably very difficult to let the people we love know that we are still thinking of them and wishing them well.

Maybe the finding money is all about "Hey, I'm still here looking out for you and hoping to bring more money to you". Perhaps we should acknowledge it (and those who are trying to send us messages) each time we find money and just say thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal