Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 01:31 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
They are rare on the street. I find a penny or two every week when I'm walking. But people tend to pick up any larger change they drop from nickels on up, so they're much rarer. In 20 years of walking the same area, I've only found a few nickles, a couple dimes and a quarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 02:43 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
When we moved into our "new" old house, I found dimes everywhere. So many dimes that it was well over anything that could remotely be called coincidental.

It happened during the first weeks of living here. All of the dimes were exceptionally shiny - almost as though they had been polished.

In my case, i think that house spirits were welcoming us.

Google "Finding dimes". There is also a Facebook group of the same name.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:14 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
It's is part of Fae lore that they like dimes, specifically.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I have seen some real weird stuff in my day but there are a few things that bother me.

First, I have been finding dimes for nearly 20 years. Yes, there are times that I find pennies but 99% of the times, it is a dime. Now, that in itself isn't weird except that I find them in the weirdest places. It used to be when I used to take very late night walks. Many times, the street light would go out right as I approached it. This happened many many times. Street lights don't just randomly tuen off at 11pm or so. Either way, I would still find a dime shining from the ground. I was playing onstage at the Hard Rodk Cafe in NYC one night and sure enough, right in the middle of a song, there was a dime on the stage. Another night, I was on a dark street in Pennsylvania alrund 10pm where there were no street lights. And there is a shiny dime looking at me. While pumping gas, it was all slush and snow and ice but when I looked down into the bright reflections of the sun. There was a dime. This happens many time a month. I even have a big jar of the dimes that I find. It just makes me smile and think someone is trying to get my attention but I don't know who.

One day last year, I was in my kitchen when I heard a loud cracking sound. I turned around and a Corelle (supposedly i breakable) that was sitting on the counter simply cracked in half. No one was near it. It was 70 degrees in the house so the temperature had nothing to do with it. I took a picture of it.

My mother's passing is its own thing. We got a call from the hospital telling us it would be very soon that she will die so they suggested that we leave the hospital because some patients hold on longer when their loved ones are there. We left and waited. My sister, my fiancé and I went to a 7:30 mass. Right as it began, I got the most coldest chill I have ever felt in my ice. I was shivering so much in the church that my teeth were chattering and I was shaking nearly uncontrollably. that was weird because I love freezing cold weather and both my wife and sister hate it, they they weren't cold. After we left, there was a voicemail on my cell from the hospital telling me mom passed at that very time. After that, I was in a grocery store and as I was checking out, someone called out "Gladys" to one of the cashiers, which was weird because that was my mother's name and it's not a very common one. I went back a few weeks later and after I bagged my groceries, I saw the name Gladys written in pen on one of the bags. Not weird in itself except I never saw a bag with anyone's name written on it, no less this uncommon name. I was in my car driving with my son two weeks ago and he asked about my mom, who he never met. A minute later I looked up and saw the license plate in front of us that read GLADYS-1). Kinda weird. If I didn't look at the plate that moment, which I never do read license plates, I would have never had seen it.

I can go on and on but could these all be coincidences or they signs from someone?
The street lights I am unsure of. Pennies and dimes I have read can be a sign from our deceased loved ones, they are called After Death Communications. I had 2 instances of finding a dime after the death of a loved one. The first time was the day after they died. I slept on the couch the night they died, and in the morning I found a dime on the couch. This has never happened before, nor have I found a dime on my couch since. Then that same day I go to my car and there is a dime on the drivers seat. What was odd about that was that the night before I went out to get a coffee and I was short a dime to pay in cash, I looked on the car floor and car seats to see if I had any change anywhere, and could not find anything. I knew those 2 dimes were from my loved one that had just died the day before. Have not found any dimes since. Did someone you know pass away 20 years ago, since that is when you started noticing the dimes?

You feeling cold when your mom passed away I believe was your mom's soul passing through. I have heard people write about the same thing. They have said that the moment a loved one passed they had a cold feeling. I have also heard people say when they were in the room when a loved one died, the room got really cold for a moment. Hospital nurses have even reported this.

The Gladys name that happened twice in the store I believe was also a sign from your mom, and definitely the licence plate too. Your mom sounds like a very persistent spirit! It also sounds like she really wants you to know she is still with you.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:21 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The street light thing happens to everyone. It's not unusual.
I say balony. Not normal. Sure hasn't happened to me or any one else I know.
Has to be a reason, but certainly not normal.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:19 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
I can go on and on but could these all be coincidences or they signs from someone?
I would say some of them could be signs. But what really determines if they are or not, is how you feel about them. Usually, real signs give you a calming feeling, and in your gut you know it's real.

If you live on or near Long Island, why not make an appointment to see George Anderson, known as the most accurate medium in the world? He lives there, and is still holding public sessions where he will either confirm or deny your suspicions. I went about 10 years ago, not too long after my mother passed. I'd had so many 'coincidental' events happen - including finding George - that I'd been very confused and upset by it all. I have had no further confusion/upset since seeing George, who confirmed that they were signs, and gave me much information that was helpful. He is a deeply religious man, and is not a scammer. Give it a try.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I say balony. Not normal. Sure hasn't happened to me or any one else I know.
Has to be a reason, but certainly not normal.
Happens to me a lot. Of course, we own a janitorial company, and one of our jobs is sodium light maintenance...

Old 06-14-2015, 04:13 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
I certainly know of Psychic George from the radio back in the 80s. I always heard that he has years long waiting lists to see him. I will look into him again.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:46 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
It's is part of Fae lore that they like dimes, specifically.
Clearly, the dime fairy has taken a liking to this one.

I have a more mundane answer. The human mind is excellent at pattern recognition... sometimes too good. It's why we can recognize hundreds of different faces in our lives and see "faces" in natural rock formations even though they are rocks, not humans. It's why we can do both Algebra and Numerology.

It's the same in everyday life... we need patterns and routines for psychological well-being but we also tend to read patterns into things that aren't patterns too.

Dimes are pretty common and often overlooked (I'd be more impressed if you kept finding silver dollars or maybe gold doubloons!), so are broken dishes and street lights turning on and off. Doesn't mean they are related or that anything supernatural is going on.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
I certainly know of Psychic George from the radio back in the 80s. I always heard that he has years long waiting lists to see him. I will look into him again.
He charges over a thousand dollars for a session. I don't want to tell anyone they should not see someone like George Anderson, but I did listen to a reading he did for someone and he was not accurate at all. He sounded like a cold reader to me, but that is just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal