Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 07:10 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
Sure, but how comfortable were you with your husband sitting on your bed?
What do you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 09:47 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
When my now 32 year old son was just under 2 years old, he developed a pattern of waking up every night between 1AM-2AM. He would be just hysterical ... as I would approach the crib he would reach for me & pull himself up over the rail as if he was just terrified of something.

Other things were starting to go on too. The phone would ring all day & all night. I had started getting crank phone calls where I would answer but the line would go dead or just silent. Eventually a trace was put on the line but it traced to a payphone about a half mile away.

One morning, my husband had to leave earlier than usual for work & was driving a company truck. It was still dawn when he left & as he pulled out of our apartment complex parking lot & passed the backside of our building, something caught his eye. He turned to look & there was a man standing at my bedroom window, slicing through the screen with a knife.

I won’t bore everybody with the year+ of events that ensued but he almost killed the guy right then because he turned the steering wheel of that truck & floored it ... Over the lawn, through a fence, into another apartment complex parking lot & rammed into two parked cars the guy had ran in between, missing him by inches.

Unfortunately, I had managed to pick up a stalker who would continue to evade law enforcement for another year, eventually involving the FBI. When he was finally in custody, he was profiled as the most dangerous type of sexually violent predator known. The FBI agent bluntly told me “He is a Bundy”.

But the man did admit during interrogations that he had been purposefully scaring my son every night by making noise at his window, so that I would get up & turn the lights on. He said it made it “easier to see inside”.
What a terrifying story - so thankful this criminal was caught and I hope put away for the rest of his life.

Yes, it's always wise to look for real-life scenarios first. Glad you didn't attribute your son's very real night terrors to either supernatural causes or imaginary issues, and that all ended well. What a terrible ordeal.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:57 AM

386 posts, read 366,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Sorry. And I mean REALLY sorry that you apparently believe only in this pitiful world! It's just practice.

They had all already died; there were still plenty of people from her happy days who were still alive she could've been talking to instead. :P

To one, she exclaimed, "Oh! I didn't know YOU were here?" When I researched it, turned out he had passed six months earlier; she wasn't aware of this.

This occurred the three times she nearly died; when she recovered (the first two times), she had no "dementia" until the next time she nearly died.

The veil thins as we get close; again, sorry you don't/can't believe this. But I do.
With appropriate respect and reasonable curiousity, why would you make entirely ill-informed presumptions regarding my possible thoughts regarding the paranormal? By contrast, a reasonable medical research-backed potential consideration based on actual experience was merely shared. Perhaps you have zero medical nor personal experience with various incidents of dementia, but unbeknownst to many relatives and friends it's possible a relative or friend intermittently experiences dementia to varying degrees. Similarly, it's possible other people may potentially experience some form of paranormal interaction. Finally, incidents of both may occur.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:14 PM

386 posts, read 366,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
What do you mean?
Simple irony, but in retrospect the facetious remark was unclear. Based on limited information available at the point I commented, your child could have been disturbed by the sight of your husband ("the man in the corner" or "sitting on your bed"). Subsequently, you clarified the person on the bed was someone else. If it had to be explained, it wasn't funny. Oh well ...

Old 02-08-2018, 12:42 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
OMG! OP, I really think something sinister is going on! Its very possible someone has intercepted your baby monitor. Does this happen about the same time every night? I'm no child expert---other than having raised two---but in my experience, what you're describing is NOT typical. Kids might babble at odd times, but not on such a regular and extensive basis.

Do the obvious---disconnect the monitor and see what happens. I would also "stand guard" Sleep in his room, or sleep just outside the door. also, arrange a different pattern of lights, etc so someone observing from the outside wouldn't have a handle on your routines.

You might also try putting some sort of recording device in your child's room to see what is going on!

You could also perhaps check lists of registered sex offenders in your area, to see if anyone lives near you or has moved into your neighborhood recently.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:36 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
I have asked him. He answers in baby talk. He’s a fresh 2 and delayed about 2 months verbal at that. I have asked him quite a bit. He has also laughed wildly when I ask him and looks at me like, “Mom! You know!”

I do have visions or feelings myself but I don’t see spirits.
I'm sorry that you're alarmed by this and I cannot say with any certainty that it is 'exactly' what I experienced with my last child, a little girl but it gave me a chuckle (and not of a 'ha-ha' nature but rather of fond memories).

She was such a very calm baby that my mom used to say, 'don't expect too much from her, she's just going to be 'slower' than the other children. Thanks mom!

When she started walking she would literally put herself 'down for a nap and slept wherever and whenever she needed, as long as she needed'.

Perhaps this is why she had 'nocturnal' experiences, sitting on the floor by her crib playing and 'talking'...we didn't know to who or how many guests she had but it went on until she started pre-school.

One night my oldest daughter had asked her who she was talking to and she laughed and said, "you know, Buffy and Joey". Over the years she would tell my *oldest daughter (her 2nd mommy) about all 'their conversations' and what was 'going' on with each of her friends.

Finally the 'nocturnal' experiences stopped and she only discussed them later on to humor my *oldest daughter.

We laugh about it now but initially it was... disconcerting to say the least.

Maybe more daytime naps for your little guy?????

P.S. She was never slow, then or now (she's in her late 20's).

Best wishes...

ETA: WOW, I'm just reading your other replies and I feel rather...'stupid and uniformed'. But I will let my post remain on its own merit (or lack thereof).

Old 02-08-2018, 03:59 PM

50 posts, read 37,511 times
That is really creepy I hope the little cutie will be alright may it is just a stage or the spirit a dead relative. I hope that is the case for the little darling and not any health problems or even a demon or evil entity sorry for your situation and I hope things get better for him.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:01 PM

50 posts, read 37,511 times
Sometimes some children are senstive to the paranormal and spirits I hope things get better.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:33 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
When my now 32 year old son was just under 2 years old, he developed a pattern of waking up every night between 1AM-2AM. He would be just hysterical ... as I would approach the crib he would reach for me & pull himself up over the rail as if he was just terrified of something.

Other things were starting to go on too. The phone would ring all day & all night. I had started getting crank phone calls where I would answer but the line would go dead or just silent. Eventually a trace was put on the line but it traced to a payphone about a half mile away.

One morning, my husband had to leave earlier than usual for work & was driving a company truck. It was still dawn when he left & as he pulled out of our apartment complex parking lot & passed the backside of our building, something caught his eye. He turned to look & there was a man standing at my bedroom window, slicing through the screen with a knife.

I won’t bore everybody with the year+ of events that ensued but he almost killed the guy right then because he turned the steering wheel of that truck & floored it ... Over the lawn, through a fence, into another apartment complex parking lot & rammed into two parked cars the guy had ran in between, missing him by inches.

Unfortunately, I had managed to pick up a stalker who would continue to evade law enforcement for another year, eventually involving the FBI. When he was finally in custody, he was profiled as the most dangerous type of sexually violent predator known. The FBI agent bluntly told me “He is a Bundy”.

But the man did admit during interrogations that he had been purposefully scaring my son every night by making noise at his window, so that I would get up & turn the lights on. He said it made it “easier to see inside”.
How awful. I'm sorry you went through all that. No need for ghosties...people are the real monsters

Old 02-08-2018, 10:34 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolfWitch View Post
That is really creepy I hope the little cutie will be alright may it is just a stage or the spirit a dead relative. I hope that is the case for the little darling and not any health problems or even a demon or evil entity sorry for your situation and I hope things get better for him.
No, it's not. Little kids wake up at night and make noise. Some cry, some laugh, and some talk. Pretty much end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal