Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 07:35 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times

Advertisements

They had to call for backup on this thread eh?

Putin used soviet chemicals to attack this guy to get the response given. He needs conflict with the "west" to bolster his position as Russia's strongman. He is elated at the diplomats being kicked out by 24 countries. This just proves to his followers that they are under attack.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
Do you really blindly believe in all what your papers write? It's a bit naive.

Shooting down of flight MH-17 from Ukrainian territory- again where's proof?

As for Crimea- have you ever been there? Personally, I've been there lots of times and have ralatives there. And I can assure you that even very sick and elderly people came to vote that time. People really wanted to be with Russia and not with illegal Ukrainian government. You call yourself democratic, so why don't you accept that fact and let people live how they want?
Since when did Russia care about the proof? They vetoed the UN tribunal to investigate the MH-17 shootdown. What good reason would they have to do that?

Crimea was by no means united in their desire to be annexed by Russia. You aren't the only one who's been there or know people living there. Annexation is not an accepted procedure in the world since 1945. Showing up with a military and producing a rigged vote 2 weeks later does not mean Russia will gets recognition of owning Crimea. It will stay a disputed territory recognized only by Russia's autocratic allies.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:31 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
Hi guys,
so interesting topic! I think I'll be banned soon because I'm just from scary Moscow)

But I can't help saying that I really think that British government was responsible for the tragedy in our country last Sunday, when the mall full of people had burnt down.
It's not even "highly likely", it's definitely! And I can say why.

First of all, they've got possibilities (so powerful nation!)
Secondly, they have a motive (hate russians)
And, what's more important, British invented plastic in 1862!!! (which is the main part of each mall)

Thanks to great teacher T.M. we shouldn't anymore bother about such tiny little things like evidence and proofs!)
Also common sense now looks like annoying nonsense, doesn't it?
maybe you're right. But we see what putin did to ukraine. He's still living in the 20th century.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:29 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I'm no fan of the militant PC culture that seems to have grown in recent years, but I highly value the contribution SJW have on society. I mean real SJW, before it became a dirty word.
I agree

Quote:
The fact that Russia denies the LGBT community their right and even goes so far as to suggest that they don't exist in the country is troublesome. Sochi's mayor said as much during the 2014 winter Olympics.

I feel that many countries limit freedom of expression and religion in order to stand apart form the West, which I think is nonsense as the well being of those persecuted people shouldn't be confined to political ideology.

I agree on the LGBT issues, however we need to keep in mind that countries will get to fully recognizing their rights at different speed so to speak...that is the way the world works...I'm pretty sure that in Russia, attitude towards them is very different between, let's say Saint Petersburg and Chechnya...

When it comes to religious freedom, Russia has it....it is a multi ethnic, multiconfessional country...has been that way for centuries..

Old 03-28-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
International Investigators from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) have sent samples to their own independent science labs in the Hague, and blood and other samples have been taken from those poisoned. The OPCW will be publishing a full report of it's findings.

Chemical weapons inspectors begin work at scene of Salisbury attack - The Guardian

OPCW Inspectors Begin Work on Salisbury Nerve Agent Attack - New York Times

OPCW's Nobel puts unshowy agency with striking success record in spotlight - The Guardian

As for Putin's Russia it's been linked to lots of deaths, including many in the UK, has santions already in relarion to Crimea and has sought to hack elections and interfere in western democracy. I am quite happy for the UK to cut off as many links with Russia as possible, and it seems other nations are also happy to get rid of Putin's Intelligence Officers.

So as Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson rightly said, Russia should just shut up and go away. As you have your diplomatic rersponse and any further Russian nonsense and we have the option of sending your Ambassador and the rest of the Russian Embassy home and cutting more ties, as do other Western nations.

As for Russia it's an embarrassment on the world stage and a country you don't even want to play sports with never mind have any links with.

Winter Olympics: Russian doping whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov's IOC warning - BBC Sport

Russia soccer doping: Whistleblower details cheating - Yahoo Sports

World Cup 2018: Pogba, Dembele suffer 'racist' chants in Russia - BBC Sport

No proof directly linked to the Russian government...zero, zilch, nada....speculation, circumstantial evidence at best...Putin may be the worst bloodthirsty person in the world...maybe...but we got no proof.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Russia was warned last time when they killed Litvinenko, and there are 15 deaths in the UK (if you include the recent murder of Nikolai Glushkov) linked to Russia and this is all besides the recent Skripal posionings. Other poisoings include Georgi Markov who was famously poisoned with a Ricin tipped unbrella capsule in London during the Cold War, Alexander Litvinenko who was posoned with Polonium-210 and Alexander Perepilichny's death in Surrey was also suspicious with the presence of a rare and deadly plant toxin Gelsemium found in Perepilichnyy's stomach.
Stop getting garbage from all over the world as long as they bring moolah and your house will not stink....and, again, no proof...

Old 03-28-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Putin used soviet chemicals to attack this guy to get the response given. He needs conflict with the "west" to bolster his position as Russia's strongman. He is elated at the diplomats being kicked out by 24 countries. This just proves to his followers that they are under attack.

...sure...he needed more bolstering at home.....so in 2012, when he got quite less than this year vote, percentage wise, he should have poisoned an entire city to "bolster" his chances.....my God some people are really serious??
I really pray for some adults to show up to the table because things are going downhill fast....

Old 03-29-2018, 12:08 AM

80 posts, read 37,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Keeping saying sth like a mantra doesn’t make things clearer. In a world of grown-ups your personal believes are just not enough, we need sth more serious. If UK accuses Russia, let us participate in the investigation or just show some solid evidences. What’s the problem?
Sorry, you’ve pictured the situation like a bad thriller. Soviet chemicals- so what?? How many counties may have those chemicals as well, including UK? Otherwise how did they immediately know what kind of poison was used? According to that logic let’s accuse Russia just because Mendeeleev invented the periodic table)
Do you really think that Putin needs to strengthen his position with such stupid actions? It doesn’t make any sense!
On the contrary, the possible conflicts with other counties will make his position weaker in Russia and he fully understands that. It’s because we are normal people and just want to live and bring up our kids in the peaceful world, any conflicts just annoy us.
Also, why do you think Putin is elated? What a strange thought. As far as I know, while west “partners” were kicking out our diplomats, he’s been busy investigating the tragedy in Kemerovo, because it’s more important for us. After mourning, I think, Russia’ll kick out the equal amount of western diplomats. Nothing personal, just diplomacy. So what? The main question- what’s next?

Old 03-29-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I agree

I agree on the LGBT issues, however we need to keep in mind that countries will get to fully recognizing their rights at different speed so to speak...that is the way the world works...I'm pretty sure that in Russia, attitude towards them is very different between, let's say Saint Petersburg and Chechnya...

When it comes to religious freedom, Russia has it....it is a multi ethnic, multiconfessional country...has been that way for centuries..
I couldn't agree more! I can tell that in Moscow most normal people are ok with LGBT issues, but I can't tell about the whole Russia. Too big territory, too many cultures.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:16 AM

Interesting thoughts. American professor by the way

https://www.thenation.com/article/un...g-nuclear-war/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom