Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 01:42 AM

2 posts, read 915 times

Advertisements

Oh Oh. Starting to shape up to be a British red flag. Apology to Russia and it's people incoming?

Old 04-03-2018, 01:48 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierProgressive View Post
Oh Oh. Starting to shape up to be a British red flag. Apology to Russia and it's people incoming?
This doesn't make sense? Can you re-post in English?

Old 04-03-2018, 12:00 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times
Oops!!! Theresa May better asking for some of the wonderful SpaceX retrorockets.....ass landing is coming....and a nice runny and tasty omelette is waiting on arrival

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8286761.html

Is BoJo going to resign?? I doubt but he should.....Corbyn is having the last laugh...

What a shame....

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-03-2018 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes our country has meddled in things we shouldn’t have been involved with. Big differences though between us and Russia, we at least own what we do and our own people call our government officials out in thier misdeeds. We got caught spying on the Germans, they were ticked obviously. We didn’t deny the obvious, we apologized as we should have and the American people called for explanations from our officials regarding that issue. The people in this country expect our government to conduct itself in a civilized manner and act with integrity. We would not tolerate US operatives killing innocent people the way Russians tolerate Putin’s murders. Of course things happen that we don’t know about and obviously I know things have happened that shouldn’t have but you cannot compare the US, the UK or NATO nations in general to Russia. Russia is one step above being a rogue state at this point. The sad thing is Russian people seem to support it.

I never heard the US officially apologizing for anything (actually many officials in both parties think that America should not apologize to anyone).....some of the misdeeds had to be pulled out with pliers and magnifying glasses thanks to the Freedom of Information Act.

I'm still waiting for the Gulf of Tonkin apology, the Iraq war apology, Libya apology, etc....

I remind you, again, that no murder has been proven to be committed by the Russian regime (at least not officially sanctioned) and this attempt seems to be going, rather quickly, in the same direction.

The level of official accountability in Russia is obviously way lower than in Western countries but I remind you that just few days ago the longtime serving Governor of Siberia (well over 20 years) had to resign because of the mall fire in Kemerovo.

Comparing Russia to a rogue state is frankly nonsense.....as much as the belief that in Russia no leaf fall from a tree if Putin does not approve it.

Finally, the West is doing its best to increase the Russian population support for Putin.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:45 PM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Oops!!! Theresa May better asking for some of the wonderful SpaceX retrorockets.....ass landing is coming....and a nice runny and tasty omelette is waiting on arrival

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8286761.html

Is BoJo going to resign?? I doubt but he should.....Corbyn is having the last laugh...

What a shame....
One Russian target strangled and two poisoned, as well as the Litvinenko case as well as a further 14 deaths in the UK linked to Russia. Indeed all opponents of Putin or people Putin sees as traitors end up dead or in prison, and nobody believes Russia a country that has continually lied, cheated at sports and launched aggresive hacking and manipulations campaigns in the west.

The substance is Norvichok, as comfirmed by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) at Porton Down, it is merely their role to say what the substance is, and they are only one small part of the intelligence and investigative process.

In terms of other intelligence analsysis other agencies will also have briefed the Government, as would the police and International Agencies such as the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) are currently analysing the substance at their labs in the Hague. This is despite Russia protecting that the OPCW has no authority to investigate, which just demonstrates howe desperate Russia and Putin are to hide the truth.

This will be the fourth international inquiry in relation to Russia, the other being the Litvinenko Inquiry, the IOC Winter Olympics Doping Investigation and the shooting down of flight MH-17, and all came to the same conclusion that it was directed by Putin and the Kremlin. Whilst we await the American investigationled by Robert Mueller in to Russian involvement in their elections, and there will also no doubt be a full inquiry in to the Skripal poisonings headed by a High Court Judge.

Russia is an international embarrassment, and as far as I am concerned they can just shut their Embassy in London and go home, whilst I am sure our diplomats would gladly come home from Moscow. Indeed most countries are sick and tired of Russian denials, Russian hacking and interference, Russian santioned state murders and Putin and his organised crime regime in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

"We have not identified the precise source, but we have provided the scientific info to [the] government who have then used a number of other sources to piece together the conclusions," Mr Aitkenhead told Sky News.

"It is our job to provide the scientific evidence of what this particular nerve agent is - we identified that it is from this particular family and that it is a military grade, but it is not our job to say where it was manufactured."

A UK government spokesperson said that identifying the substance at Porton Down was "only one part of the intelligence picture".

It maintained Russia was responsible, adding there was "no other plausible explanation".

Russian spy: Source of nerve agent 'not identified' - BBC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Independent

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has warned that Britain has a plan of action in place to deal with those who attempted to assassinate a former Russian spy on UK soil.

The Cabinet minister also said members of the public may not hear about all of the action British security services take to keep the people safe.

Her words came as both Labour and Tory MPs called for stronger action against the Russian state if it is found complicit in the ruthless nerve-agent attack that left Sergei Skripal and his daughter in a critical condition.

The Independent revealed this morning that British agents suspect a network of highly-trained assassins to be behind the incident in Salisbury that targeted the former military intelligence colonel.Ms Rudd said: “Let me be clear. We are absolutely robust about any crimes committed on these streets in the UK.

There is nothing soft about the UK’s response to any sort of state activity in this country.“You may not hear about it all. But when we do see that there is action to be taken – we will take it.”

Russian spy: Amber Rudd warns UK has a 'plan' to deal with anyone involved in the poisoning of Sergei Skripal - The Independent

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-03-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
One Russian target strangled and two poisoned, as well as the Litvinenko case as well as a further 14 deaths in the UK linked to Russia. Indeed all opponents of Putin or people Putin sees as traitors end up dead or in prison, and nobody believes Russia a country that has continually lied, cheated at sports and launched aggresive hacking and manipulations campaigns in the west.

The substance is Norvichok, as comfirmed by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) at Porton Down, it is merely their role to say what the substance is, and they are only one small part of the intelligence and investigative process.

In terms of other intelligence analsysis other agencies will also have briefed the Government, as would the police and International Agencies such as the OPCW are currently analysing the substance at their labs in the Hague.

still spinning the wheels........no proof.....

Old 04-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
still spinning the wheels........no proof.....
The evidence will be released when we have a full inquiry, just as the evidence was released in all the other inquires such as the Litvinenko Inquiry, the IOC Winter Olympics Doping Investigation and the shooting down of flight MH-17, and all came to the same conclusion that it was directed by Putin and the Kremlin.

Whilst we await the American investigationled by Robert Mueller in to Russian involvement in their elections, and there will also no doubt be a full inquiry in to the Skripal poisonings headed by a High Court Judge.

Russia is just a sad embarrasing international pariah of a country, and nobody respoects Putin or even likes him outside of Russia.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The evidence will be released when we have a full inquiry, just as the evidence was released in all the other inquires such as the Litvinenko Inquiry, the IOC Winter Olympics Doping Investigation and the shooting down of flight MH-17, and all came to the same conclusion that it was directed by Putin and the Kremlin.

You mean all the investigations that showed no proof whatsoever??.....those investigations??

I heard 9/11 was in reality orchestrated by Putin...

I hope you like eggs....

Old 04-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
You mean all the investigations that showed no proof whatsoever??.....those investigations??

I heard 9/11 was in reality orchestrated by Putin...

I hope you like eggs....
The investigations like the one that saw Russia banned from the Olympics.

There was also plenty of proof in terms of all the inquires indeed many such as MH-17 were international inquires.

As already stated we need to cut off as many links as possible with Russia - end of story, and I think the wole world was glad to kick as many of Putin's spies out as possible.

Nobody believes anything Russia says, the state even encourages them cheat at sport that's how low a nation they are.

Just lies and more lies, denials and infantile responses that what you get from Russia, well I am afraid that's not going to cut it this time, and any more sucg action in the UK or elsewhere and you can take the rest of your diplomats and get on a plane back to Moscow.

Old 04-03-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
The investigations like the one that saw Russia banned from the Olympics.

....you mean the investigation that finally re-instated 28 athletes and past medals?? That led to Russia being reinstated as a full member of the I.O.C. without admitting any wrongdoing?? That investigation?? LOL

Olympic bans lifted for 28 Russian athletes, some past medals restored - Business Insider

How you like your eggs?? scrambled, easy, sunny side up??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom