Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 08:21 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Many do not have thoughts on this...just parroting talking points from the media.

Look at this exchange between Alexander Nekrassov and two other guests in this TV shows about Skripal....the two other guests talk like 10th graders at best....their supposed motivation is unbelievably laughable (and they contradict themselves)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BzTwUkv_s
Huh, I never thought about OTHER Oligarchs living in London, who'd be interested to pull something like this, in order to frame Putin. ( And not necessarily RUSSIAN oligarchs, Ukrainians come to mind too.) I mean someone is interested in escalation of hostilities between Russia and the West.
The timing is suspicious and the fact that Skripal was sitting in Russian jail at least for five years.
So as much as I dislike Putin, it does seem to me that this time around he has been framed.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:39 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Huh, I never thought about OTHER Oligarchs living in London, who'd be interested to pull something like this, in order to frame Putin. ( And not necessarily RUSSIAN oligarchs, Ukrainians come to mind too.) I mean someone is interested in escalation of hostilities between Russia and the West.
The timing is suspicious and the fact that Skripal was sitting in Russian jail at least for five years.
So as much as I dislike Putin, it does seem to me that this time around he has been framed.
Putin is getting old. Been in power for a long time. Maybe others want to be tsar

Old 03-29-2018, 09:58 PM

13 posts, read 7,886 times
what about the evidence that Russia did it? or is it not discussed?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:51 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
No offense, but it’s seems like a joke when America complains about meddling.
Your country’s been interfering in so many political regimes, it’s hard even to count.

Personally, I’m a half Russian and a half Ukrainian, so I know and love equally both countries. And all what happened initially with Ukraine is mostly thanks to you. Putting bunch of your puppets (Poroshenko&Co) instead of legal government led to what we have now.

About the whole style of Kim Jong Un. Erasing diplomacy and trying to isolate us, of course you're going to have another N.Corea. So what’s the point?
Yes our country has meddled in things we shouldn’t have been involved with. Big differences though between us and Russia, we at least own what we do and our own people call our government officials out in thier misdeeds. We got caught spying on the Germans, they were ticked obviously. We didn’t deny the obvious, we apologized as we should have and the American people called for explanations from our officials regarding that issue. The people in this country expect our government to conduct itself in a civilized manner and act with integrity. We would not tolerate US operatives killing innocent people the way Russians tolerate Putin’s murders. Of course things happen that we don’t know about and obviously I know things have happened that shouldn’t have but you cannot compare the US, the UK or NATO nations in general to Russia. Russia is one step above being a rogue state at this point. The sad thing is Russian people seem to support it.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:53 PM

13 posts, read 7,886 times
nerve agent Novichok was developed in the USSR, but after the collapse, it remained in Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other CIS countries. why not take into account that Ukraine could sell it to mi-5, mi-6?

Old 03-30-2018, 03:35 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,501,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes our country has meddled in things we shouldn’t have been involved with. Big differences though between us and Russia, we at least own what we do and our own people call our government officials out in thier misdeeds. We got caught spying on the Germans, they were ticked obviously. We didn’t deny the obvious, we apologized as we should have and the American people called for explanations from our officials regarding that issue. The people in this country expect our government to conduct itself in a civilized manner and act with integrity. We would not tolerate US operatives killing innocent people the way Russians tolerate Putin’s murders. Of course things happen that we don’t know about and obviously I know things have happened that shouldn’t have but you cannot compare the US, the UK or NATO nations in general to Russia. Russia is one step above being a rogue state at this point. The sad thing is Russian people seem to support it.
You've nailed it. The fact that Russians are either oblivious or intentionally swiping things under the rug is the key difference.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:59 PM

80 posts, read 37,005 times
Thank you, anyway

As for me, I’ve heard you. I hope maybe someday we’ll be friendlier to each other.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yes our country has meddled in things we shouldn’t have been involved with. Big differences though between us and Russia, we at least own what we do and our own people call our government officials out in thier misdeeds. We got caught spying on the Germans, they were ticked obviously. We didn’t deny the obvious, we apologized as we should have and the American people called for explanations from our officials regarding that issue. The people in this country expect our government to conduct itself in a civilized manner and act with integrity. We would not tolerate US operatives killing innocent people the way Russians tolerate Putin’s murders. Of course things happen that we don’t know about and obviously I know things have happened that shouldn’t have but you cannot compare the US, the UK or NATO nations in general to Russia.
Big difference between the US and Russia, is that New-York is a banking center of the world, so the US ( and other Western countries) can allow themselves to have *democracies* (i.e. multi-party system,) since no one is pulling the strings of American government behind the scene.
Russians today are dependent on the western banking system, and with it, they are running the risk of part of their internal political forces promoting American interests, as it was a case twenty years ago.
That's why they are accepting one-party system ( Putin that is,) since they perceive him as someone who can prevent this promotion of Western interests in the country. And with one-party system it's impossible to talk about "calling out government officials out in their misdeeds."
And here lies the problem with Russian politics - internal and external alike.

Quote:
Russia is one step above being a rogue state at this point. The sad thing is Russian people seem to support it.
Russia would have been labeled a "rogue state" long time ago, since it's a very inconvenient for the West ( the US in particular) country, if not for Russia's ability to produce nuclear weapons.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:14 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,501,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Big difference between the US and Russia, is that New-York is a banking center of the world, so the US ( and other Western countries) can allow themselves to have *democracies* (i.e. multi-party system,) since no one is pulling the strings of American government behind the scene.
Russians today are dependent on the western banking system, and with it, they are running the risk of part of their internal political forces promoting American interests, as it was a case twenty years ago.
That's why they are accepting one-party system ( Putin that is,) since they perceive him as someone who can prevent this promotion of Western interests in the country. And with one-party system it's impossible to talk about "calling out government officials out in their misdeeds."
And here lies the problem with Russian politics - internal and external alike.
Sorry, but that just comes off as a cop out to me. Using external threats to justify a one party solution. Brazil is a country not aligned with the west, yet it has multiple parties showing up at elections. It may be corrupt, but it's still a fairly democratic country.

Quote:
[Russia would have been labeled a "rogue state" long time ago, since it's a very inconvenient for the West ( the US in particular) country, if not for Russia's ability to produce nuclear weapons.
Russia has been at odds with the US since at least 1921, with a brief pause taking place during WW2.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Sorry, but that just comes off as a cop out to me.
Using external threats to justify a one party solution.
Let's look at the meaning of the "cop out", shall we?

informal
avoid doing something that one ought to do.
"he copped out at the last moment"

So they "ought to do" something (in this case - to remove Putin as the "one and only,") but that's according to YOUR vision of situation.
The way Russians ( well not all, but many) see it, is "if the West intensely dislikes Putin, it means he does everything correctly, and we should hold on to him. On the contrary, the West was praising Yeltsin, and he was the one who brought us misery, while working for the West's benefits."
So see, when you are saying "ought to," it all depends from WHOSE perspective.

Quote:
Brazil is a country not aligned with the west, yet it has multiple parties showing up at elections. It may be corrupt, but it's still a fairly democratic country.
What do you mean Brazil is "not aligned with the West?" What is the company #1 that owns Brazil?
A European company.
Brazilian biggest bank? Yet again incorporated in the western economy.
Its biggest economic trade partners are yet again - European Union, the US and China ( being subsidiary of the US economy to begin with.)
So Brazil is basically a third world country, dependent on EU and the US in its development, and as long as this arrangement stays put, "democratic parties" of Brazil can vote whichever way they like.

Quote:
Russia has been at odds with the US since at least 1921, with a brief pause taking place during WW2.

And why do you think it was a case?

Last edited by erasure; 03-31-2018 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom