Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 05:20 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
The truth is- you know nothing about Russia and people there. Most average people want to cut off all links with UK too after such actions. We don't mind going away (shut up we or not- it's really up to us though).
The main great thing is- all sanctions hit on our corrupted thieves who will think twice next time before putting their money in UK's economy and businesses. Their money will be welcomed at home)
It’s not just the UK who believes Russia did this. Dozens of countries expelled Russian diplomats over this illegal act with banned chemical substances. They just discovered the chemical smeared all over the victims doorknob, trace amounts scattered through the English town of Salisbury. My country (America) tossed 60 Russians out over this in support of our important ally and in support of international law. Also your people have been caught interfering in our elections in the US, even instigating our radicals on the Internet to sow discord in the US. I’ve read Russia also meddled in some European elections as well. Maybe Russia should stop invading its neighbors, stop posturing militarily, stop interfering in the affairs of other nations and stop assasinating people in the style of Kim Jong Un. If y’all can do that then we can all be friends, until then we will not trust Russia and see russia as the threat it appears to be.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:21 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So, where are the results?
You must have missed the Prime Ministers speech in the House of Commons in which she confirmed it was the Russian Nerve Agent Novichok.

Glad to see Russian Spies going home, and if there is a repeat of this then your Ambassador and the rest of your Embassy will be going home.

Russia was warned last time when they killed Litvinenko, and there are 15 deaths in the UK (if you include the recent murder of Nikolai Glushkov) linked to Russia and this is all besides the recent Skripal posionings. Other poisoings include Georgi Markov who was famously poisoned with a Ricin tipped unbrella capsule in London during the Cold War, Alexander Litvinenko who was posoned with Polonium-210 and Alexander Perepilichny's death in Surrey was also suspicious with the presence of a rare and deadly plant toxin Gelsemium found in Perepilichnyy's stomach.

Alexander Perepilichnyy inquest: Russian whistleblower found choking - BBC News

Sergei Skripal and the 14 deaths under scrutiny - BBC News

Counter-terror police launch murder investigation after confirming Russian exile Nikolai Glushkov strangled - The Telegraph

Nikolai Glushkov was number one on the Kremlins list of extradition charges. As for extradition Russia won't extradite anyone but complains bitterly when others don't extradite to Putin's corrupt regime. Glushkov was found strangled to death in his London home on the 12th March 2018.

Why Are Fugitives From Justice Welcome in the UK? - Russian Embassy in the UK

Russia already has sanctions due to Crimea and the shooting down of flight MH-17, which an inquiry stated was Russia, and then you have the Winter Olympic doping scandal and the Russian interference in elections and votes in the West.

I would gladly bring every British Diplomat home and cut ties with Russia, indeed just keep going and that's what will happen.

Russia has already shown itself to be cheats and liars on the world stage and Putin has a a history of murdering opponents or anyone he deems a traitor.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:23 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,515,015 times
I'm amazed the Russian people don't question how Putin is able to amass a personal fortune in the hundreds of millions of dollars and vote-rigging in the recent election.
Unless they're brain-washed of course.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH7uXZQsyHI

Old 03-29-2018, 11:00 AM

80 posts, read 37,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It’s not just the UK who believes Russia did this. Dozens of countries expelled Russian diplomats over this illegal act with banned chemical substances. They just discovered the chemical smeared all over the victims doorknob, trace amounts scattered through the English town of Salisbury. My country (America) tossed 60 Russians out over this in support of our important ally and in support of international law.
Yes, I know how other counties support UK just rely on its words.
But it’s nothing even close about supporting international low. “Highly likely” is not acceptable in any court, as far as I know.

I just want a right procedure. Instead of that we can see only a sloppy accusation, which was made in a huge hurry. It seems that decision about kicking out our diplomats had been already made and just waiting for some excuse.
It’s a pity that homeland of Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie acts so unprofessionally, showing some childish pictures. And that UK’s leading politicians insult whole nations (using words like shut up) instead of rational arguments.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:01 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times
Quote:
It’s not just the UK who believes Russia did this. Dozens of countries expelled Russian diplomats over this illegal act with banned chemical substances.
Think with your head...only the UK and the US expelled diplomats in meaningful numbers...the other states part of NATO were pressured to offer at least a symbolic gesture (1-2 diplomats, couple of them 4).
This has the chance to turn into one of the most monumental diplomatic disaster in recent history...furthermore, a lot of the public does not believe it or at least wants iron clad proof....especially after Iraq...fool me once....sure you will always have that hopeless part of the population totally unable to think with their head and that will believe whatever the media and their government will tell them....let' call them "political cannon fodder" if you wish...

The rest of the world, especially China is watching and taking note (today is Russia, tomorrow will be me)....as I said already, I bet Kissinger is pulling his hair put and Brzezinski is rolling in its grave at the showing of such sheer stupidity of the May & Trump gang.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
But it’s nothing even close about supporting international low. “Highly likely” is not acceptable in any court, as far as I know.

Do not get fooled...other countries did not "support" UK....it was a symbolic gesture as NATO allies, and quite few did reluctantly so.....more importantly, big businesses from these countries (including the UK) still happily operate in Russia...

The reality is still that we have no proof and, more importantly, no motive.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:39 AM

80 posts, read 37,000 times
Quote:
Also your people have been caught interfering in our elections in the US, even instigating our radicals on the Internet to sow discord in the US. I’ve read Russia also meddled in some European elections as well. Maybe Russia should stop invading its neighbors, stop posturing militarily, stop interfering in the affairs of other nations and stop assasinating people in the style of Kim Jong Un. If y’all can do that then we can all be friends, until then we will not trust Russia and see russia as the threat it appears to be.
No offense, but it’s seems like a joke when America complains about meddling.
Your country’s been interfering in so many political regimes, it’s hard even to count.

Personally, I’m a half Russian and a half Ukrainian, so I know and love equally both countries. And all what happened initially with Ukraine is mostly thanks to you. Putting bunch of your puppets (Poroshenko&Co) instead of legal government led to what we have now.

About the whole style of Kim Jong Un. Erasing diplomacy and trying to isolate us, of course you're going to have another N.Corea. So what’s the point?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
Quote:

I just want a right procedure. Instead of that we can see only a sloppy accusation, which was made in a huge hurry. It seems that decision about kicking out our diplomats had been already made and just waiting for some excuse.
It’s a pity that homeland of Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie acts so unprofessionally, showing some childish pictures. And that UK’s leading politicians insult whole nations (using words like shut up) instead of rational arguments.

Highly likely circumstantial evidence is used to convict all the time.
What are you talking about?

I guess you are used to Russian courts! With 110% evidence and watertight signed confessions. And like the voting where 200% support the incumbent!

Russians are so used to assassinations of politicians, businessmen and activists in their own country they get nonplussed when they find out its not an acceptable behavior in most Western democracies.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:02 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Do not get fooled...other countries did not "support" UK....it was a symbolic gesture as NATO allies, and quite few did reluctantly so.....more importantly, big businesses from these countries (including the UK) still happily operate in Russia...

The reality is still that we have no proof and, more importantly, no motive.

In recent history there have been few cases of such widespread diplomatic action (let alone support).

The Russian secret service thinks some will be duped unless they have video footage and a signed confession (like you I guess, easily duped by a silly denial). Western democracies on the whole are more intelligent than that, and have acted accordingly.

Up to now their assassinations have generally been unchallenged. They will certainly think twice before the next one.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
No offense, but it’s seems like a joke when America complains about meddling.
Your country’s been interfering in so many political regimes, it’s hard even to count.

...even people with a very short attention span and not a particularly inclination to read (hundreds of de-classified documents) or to think with their heads, they can hear it from the horse's mouth...former CIA director James Woolsey......still you will not convince some of the fruitcakes on here....some probably will tell you that Woolsey is a Kremlin Stooge!!

Yes the US meddles in other countries elections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWai3kZ-gM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom