Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times

Advertisements

I admit I go on and off of being raw vegan. I feel SO much better when I am on for an extended period of time and I still have a good amount of weight to lose and when I can eat this way I actually start to lose.

So, any of you raw eaters out there and how do you stay motivated?

Thanks,

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
No, not raw vegan, or even a vegan full-time. But I did find this wonderful company which produces high-protein, vegan crackers. That's it. Their diet is completely raw vegan, and they're very helpful if you need some direction or help. It's called Livin' Spoonful and it's here in Portland (OR).

I will say that when I eat those crackers, they are very filling and don't leave any kind of a heavy lead-like feeling in your stomach! Great, great stuff for travel.

So, you might already know all this, but just thought I'd mention it, in case!

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 09-04-2008 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: additional

Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Did anyone see John Stossel's 20/20 hatchet job on the raw food diet last week? I'm not a raw foodie but I know enough to recognize that his segment was a smear job.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:13 PM

371 posts, read 1,259,912 times
I was supposed to take a raw food "cooking" class this Friday, but must cancel. I'm a vegetarian now and am very interested in learning more. It makes wonderful sense to me that the earth provides all our nutrition. I think to stay motivated you must remain creative and meet up w/ fellow vegans/ raw food diet folks. Check out Yahoo meet ups. I know this class was going to make raviolis, 'burgers and fries', pie, fudge...

Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 AM

Well, that is my problem. I can't. I have 3 young kids with me at all times and DH's work schedule has been nuts. I can't commit to any meet ups or groups.

One group meets on Sunday afternoons at 2pm, but it is 35 miles from me and I have another obligation down here at 5pm.

Noone I know here is raw. I have not found too many vegetarians either. Sigh.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza54 View Post
I was supposed to take a raw food "cooking" class this Friday, but must cancel. I'm a vegetarian now and am very interested in learning more. It makes wonderful sense to me that the earth provides all our nutrition. I think to stay motivated you must remain creative and meet up w/ fellow vegans/ raw food diet folks. Check out Yahoo meet ups. I know this class was going to make raviolis, 'burgers and fries', pie, fudge...

Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM

NO! I wonder if I can catch it online?

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Did anyone see John Stossel's 20/20 hatchet job on the raw food diet last week? I'm not a raw foodie but I know enough to recognize that his segment was a smear job.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 AM

I meant to get back to you earlier about this.

I actually do make my own crackers (although it is time consuming!) and I find them filling. I would love to get some already made, although the cost is about 8 times the price of my homemade ones.

I use Alyssa Cohan's book for most of my recipes.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
No, not raw vegan, or even a vegan full-time. But I did find this wonderful company which produces high-protein, vegan crackers. That's it. Their diet is completely raw vegan, and they're very helpful if you need some direction or help. It's called Livin' Spoonful and it's here in Portland (OR).

I will say that when I eat those crackers, they are very filling and don't leave any kind of a heavy lead-like feeling in your stomach! Great, great stuff for travel.

So, you might already know all this, but just thought I'd mention it, in case!

Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times
Does anyone have any other raw recipe book suggestions? I'm interested in trying some recipes out, especially since my boys prefer their veggies raw and it is too hot to cook in the summer! I'm going right now to check out VegWebs selection, but I really prefer books I hold in my hands.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:38 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
I would be interested in a great beginner's book to raw food. Any suggestions?

Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,498 times
Are you near a health food store by chance?

They usually carry some good books on health and have noticed raw foods cookbooks in the bigger ones.

Also, if you ask someone who works there, chances are they'd have some good recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food