Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Santa Maria, CA is about 60% Hispanic and has a Trader Joe's.
In this case Santa Maria is the nexus for the area so this could make sense.

Quote:
I am sure Oxnard has at least 30,000-45,000 population that can meet Trader Joe's demographic.
I would doubt that, but part of Oxnard's population is already been served by the Trader Joe's in Ventura and to a lesser degree Camarillo.

Its not like the company missed Oxnard, the fact that there is currently no store in Oxnard means that the company doesn't feel Oxnard is a good fit for its stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
In this case Santa Maria is the nexus for the area so this could make sense.

I would doubt that, but part of Oxnard's population is already been served by the Trader Joe's in Ventura and to a lesser degree Camarillo.

Its not like the company missed Oxnard, the fact that there is currently no store in Oxnard means that the company doesn't feel Oxnard is a good fit for its stores.
Santa Maria being the Nexus for the area? I think the TJ's in Santa Maria serves Santa Maria and Orcutt. There's another TJ's 20 minutes north in Arroyo Grande.

Only time will tell if Oxnard has enough pop. to support it's own Trader Joe's.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Santa Maria being the Nexus for the area? I think the TJ's in Santa Maria serves Santa Maria and Orcutt. There's another TJ's 20 minutes north in Arroyo Grande.

Only time will tell if Oxnard has enough pop. to support it's own Trader Joe's.
Right, Santa Maria is the nexus. It's the core for a community with a 20 mile or so radius, where as Oxnard isn't.

Oxnard's population is growing so at some point they may decide the numbers look good enough, but obviously at the moment they don't think there are sufficient numbers.

I think its important to remember that these are large successful companies, if they don't have a store in some city its going to be a for a good reason. So we can debate just what the reason may be, the fact that there is no store in Oxnard means they don't think its a good match for the city at the moment.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 PM

230 posts, read 623,461 times
Quote:
I am just curious how there are plans for Whole Foods in Oxnard, but not in Ventura. I can see both Oxnard and Ventura having Whole Foods. There is enough population and people with college degrees and money in both cities to support it. Anyone heard why Whole Foods hasn't looked into Ventura or has heard about Whole Foods looking into Ventura?
The North Oxnard location is a stone's throw from Ventura. They are basically drawing from Ventura. It's more a matter of someone having the right project, and the right real estate, for the project. They know that people from ventura will shop there, but they'll also get Camarillo shoppers because of the location on the 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County