Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM

12 posts, read 17,869 times

Advertisements

Looks like I'm headed to VT for a visit at the end of September so I'll get a first hand look. I was in Vermont about 12 years ago but not the Rutland area.

thunderkat59 - I'm a Florida girl through and through. Born and raised here and I love it. It's not perfect but no place is.

68vette - I've been to Las Vegas several times and always had a good time. Sure there is bad stuff going on in Las Vegas but there is also some good clean fun to be had. RutVegas doesn't put me off.

Soup Nazi and tkln - great idea about the pods. I checked and haven't found one that goes FL to VT yet. I'm all about saving money so I'm willing to check out all options.

Thanks for all the comments. I apreciate the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM

108 posts, read 184,474 times
Did you check Pack Rat or PODS?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:19 PM

10 posts, read 11,742 times
I have been spending my entire day reading threads about Vermont, relocating to VT, rentals, utilities, and the informations are overwhelming and intimidating. Unfortunately for me, it is a necessity that I move to VT in order for me to advance in my position. I currently work for the federal govt and moving to another area, eventhough not to your liking is ideal if you want to advance.

Moving to Vermont depends on many factors. But the main thing anybody should ask before relocating to any place is, "what is my reason for moving." If you have your answer, then you can answer all the other questions.

I have been everywhere around the globe. I was prior military, so I have seen it all. Asia, Middle East, Europe, Pacific Islands, South America, North Africa, Washington State, Washington DC, Texas, Oklahoma, California. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I don't take anything for granted and I make the most of the situation. Think positive and everything will be fine.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:09 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
I'd much rather live in VT than FL any day. The scenery, four seasons (although it's a bit too cold), laid backness, low crime, progressive politics, New England charm, Green Mountain Coffee and the whole simple-live vibe just wins me over.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 PM

150 posts, read 217,643 times
My classmates at UVM long, long ago who were from Rutland referred to it, with only a hint of irony, as "The Center of Universe" and "RutVegas." Even back then, the town was rough. Now, it would be the last place in VT I'd recommend.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 722 times
Default Vermont over FL any day.

I am in FL right now my husband is in the Army but I am from VT. we are in north FL PCB. I love the beach and love the temps during the winter but i miss VT so much. We are moving to VT when he gets out of the Army at the end of this year. My husband is a Georgia boy he has been to VT with me a few times but never in the middle of the winter. But we have been stationed in Germany so i equal that out well. Sure the snow lasts a long while and its cold but if you make the best of it and find snow things too do you will like it. Just make sure too buy a good Jacket that is thick. Snow pants if you really cant handle too cold or dont wanna get soaked playing in the snow and a good pair of Snow boots. Then of course the hat gloves and scarf. I cant wait to go back home though. and FL will be our vacation places still. His family lives down here so we will come to visit but id rather VT over FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont