Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 AM

76 posts, read 202,347 times

Advertisements

Breadloaf to Middlebury to Bristol-----------there is something so magical about the rolling verdant hills in that area of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Austin is the coolest State Capital! but i degress, i miss the ponds and lakes, i caught a wicked nice smallmouth out of Grout Pond a few summers back, sweet
Austin is a totally cool place, the big music festival and Austin City limits but Montpelier is the coolest state capital as it is the smallest state capitol in the nation. Austin is easily second....you don't even feel like your in Texas when your there. I assume you mean Groton Pond for the fish landing.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 PM

986 posts, read 2,334,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Austin is a totally cool place, the big music festival and Austin City limits but Montpelier is the coolest state capital as it is the smallest state capitol in the nation. Austin is easily second....you don't even feel like your in Texas when your there. I assume you mean Groton Pond for the fish landing.
I might be biased, but Providence is a pretty damn cool state capital, at least as far as the northeast is concerned.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:31 PM

32 posts, read 37,071 times
Gonna start this one back up. I love hearing about how much people love Vermont.

10 Pond/Mirror Lake in Calais, Lake Willoughby's sunsets, Montpelier, Flying down Jester on a bluebird powder day at Sugarbush, School Street Bistro in Rochester, Starr Farm dog park and bike trails in Burlington. This state is amazing.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
My favorite part of Vermont is my house.

Cat

Old 01-28-2016, 05:11 PM

809 posts, read 998,220 times
The lower falls at Rockingham Gorge in Rockingham

Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,971,768 times
The endless back roads. I take day long motorcycle rides and stick to the back roads. Getting off the beaten path, you find some amazing things in the middle of nowhere. The best part is almost no traffic. It's natures therapy session.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 PM

10 posts, read 8,484 times
My favorite part of Vermont and NE in general is that we are lucky to experience four seasons. Each one makes me appreciate it's opposite

Old 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM

536 posts, read 845,370 times
I love Bennington and environs, including the outlying NYS areas of Hoosick Falls and Cambridge NY.

There is a road between Old Bennington and North Bennington, the Silk Road I think it is called, that is so beautiful to walk, or was when I lived there years ago. Two covered bridges. Mount Anthony. If Vermont wasn't so distant from my SE Mass family and ME family members, I would move there immediately. As far as housing costs, it is also very affordable.

It's the most beautiful place I ever have lived. A close second is the Berkshires of Mass, less than 8 miles away. I call the area Western Mass here to annoy MA forum people who can't read a map and see which towns are geographically located on the western edge of the state.

They like to deny the existence of the incomparable beauty of this whole region, which is shared by 3 states: VT, NY, and MA.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:03 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicemore View Post
I love Bennington and environs, including the outlying NYS areas of Hoosick Falls and Cambridge NY.

There is a road between Old Bennington and North Bennington, the Silk Road I think it is called, that is so beautiful to walk, or was when I lived there years ago. Two covered bridges. Mount Anthony. If Vermont wasn't so distant from my SE Mass family and ME family members, I would move there immediately. As far as housing costs, it is also very affordable.

It's the most beautiful place I ever have lived. A close second is the Berkshires of Mass, less than 8 miles away. I call the area Western Mass here to annoy MA forum people who can't read a map and see which towns are geographically located on the western edge of the state.

They like to deny the existence of the incomparable beauty of this whole region, which is shared by 3 states: VT, NY, and MA.
Those Bawston area people, you mean? I'm from WMass--meaning my family is from Northampton, MA. We don't call the Berkshires Western Mass; we call that area the Berkshires.

Anyway, my favorite part of Vermont is around Hartford. Being from WMass I've always lived near the CT River so that part of VT feels like home. Then, doing genealogy, I found out that some ancestors actually were among the first settlers of Hartford! So I have two reasons for liking it there. Also, you can cross the river and shop tax free--although it's not like there aren't any good stores near Hartford The area is rural but not so rural that there's nothing there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont