Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the National Harbor in PG County?
I love it! It is fantastic!!! 10 17.54%
It's OK, and should get better as the economy recovers! 18 31.58%
It could be better...a whole LOT better. 22 38.60%
They should rename it "National Disaster". 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:31 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarda View Post
will folks pay for parking to go to an outlet mall?
no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Will folks pay for parking to go to an Outlet Mall?
Darned if I would.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
That's good news, but instead of fixing parking, they need to start with fixing the school system.
You are correct, but I'm just sticking within the title of the thread.

But, you are absolutely correct and I totally agree with you.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Anybody see those new townhouses they are building? Absolutely awesome!

Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Will folks pay for parking to go to an Outlet Mall?
Good point, EdwardA!

My answer would be "yes", "no" and "maybe". It's a confusing situation.

I think that NH's Tanger will attract us local people who don't have any other alternative and who would like to stay on this side of the bridge. I mean, if we'll pay to park @ Pentagon City, we'll pay to park @ NH's Tanger Outlet and justify it by saying we are saving on the cost of the goods. I mean, people pay to go down there, right now, just to walk around and say they were @ the NH.

In the beginning, I think all of the county and VA and DC alike will flock to it because it's new and everyone likes going to something new. But, as time wears on, and the newness of the wears off, I think the repeat customers will be the locals.

I guess my ultimate answer is "yes", but you raise a good point.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:19 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
Good point, EdwardA!

I think that NH's Tanger will attract us local people who don't have any other alternative and who would like to stay on this side of the bridge. I mean, if we'll pay to park @ Pentagon City, we'll pay to park @ NH's Tanger Outlet and justify it by saying we are saving on the cost of the goods. I mean, people pay to go down there, right now, just to walk around and say they were @ the NH.

In the beginning, I think all of the county and VA and DC alike will flock to it because it's new and everyone likes going to something new. But, as time wears on, and the newness of the wears off, I think the repeat customers will be the locals.

I have to disagree with you on the newness wearing off. Outlet malls are destinations. I mean people travel 40 miles just to go to Wegmans and it's a grocery store! Outlet malls ALWAYS draw out-of-towners. Just think of how far you'd go to an outlet mall. I hear the women in my family all the time talking about driving to Annapolis or Hagerstown to the outlets. My wife only buys her Coach purses from the outlet store. I remember years ago, people would take bus trips to the outlet malls in New Jersey.

Unless there are outlet malls in every neighborhood, people from all over will continue to shop there. And you forget about those that will be staying at the Gaylord, Disney, and other locations who may visit the outlet store. Those people are from all over the country and the world. The articles are correct when they say this is a very unique situation because D.C. is already a world destination. And to have outlet shops within 15 minutes is very unique.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Good point, EdwardA!

Seems like he has a point because I just asked the NoVA forum if any of them would come to shop over here and so far no takers.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Anybody see those new townhouses they are building? Absolutely awesome!
I've seen them. They are nice.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I have to disagree with you on the newness wearing off. Outlet malls are destinations. I mean people travel 40 miles just to go to Wegmans and it's a grocery store! Outlet malls ALWAYS draw out-of-towners. Just think of how far you'd go to an outlet mall. I hear the women in my family all the time talking about driving to Annapolis or Hagerstown to the outlets. My wife only buys her Coach purses from the outlet store. I remember years ago, people would take bus trips to the outlet malls in New Jersey.

Unless there are outlet malls in every neighborhood, people from all over will continue to shop there. And you forget about those that will be staying at the Gaylord, Disney, and other locations who may visit the outlet store. Those people are from all over the country and the world. The articles are correct when they say this is a very unique situation because D.C. is already a world destination. And to have outlet shops within 15 minutes is very unique.
You are probably right. I admit, I will agree with you on that one. After I posted, I thought about that as well and the many bus tours that people take (or used to take) to places like Potomac Mills and King of Prussia malls.

I will stand corrected adelphi_sky and change my answer to "yes, they will". Good point.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,671 times
Quote:
You are probably right. I admit, I will agree with you on that one. After I posted, I thought about that as well and the many bus tours that people take (or used to take) to places like Potomac Mills and King of Prussia malls.

I will stand corrected adelphi_sky and change my answer to "yes, they will". Good point.
Without regional bus service being enhanced to DC from outser areas this will equal one big traffic DISASTER And if the commuter buses would improve then they will endup as sardine cans literally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland