Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 01:03 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times

Advertisements

Boom!

Quote:
The new Franklin’s Grill and Oyster Bar will feature local seafood and steaks, an in-house bakery, live oyster bar, top-shelf mixed-drink menu, 24 wines by the glass and as many beers on tap.
Quote:
Franklin will bring the core of his restaurant’s popularity—burgers and beers—to his new location. Beyond these familiar offerings, the grill and oyster bar will feature an entirely new menu and atmosphere.
This, and the announcement of celebrity chef Mike Isabella's Kapnos coming to College Park is welcome news. I've been waiting for some "date night" type restaurants near the house for a longggggggg time. Now we get two in one shot.

I hope the food will be as good as it sounds. I wonder who Franklin will pick as the head chef.

NEW DETAILS: College Park will be home to Franklin’s Grill and Oyster Bar | Hyattsville Life & Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 01:56 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,769,591 times
Yea I am sure College Park will be rivaling Oxford, Ann Arbor, Heidlelberg, Charlottesville and other great college towns real soon.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yea I am sure College Park will be rivaling Oxford, Ann Arbor, Heidlelberg, Charlottesville and other great college towns real soon.
Different strokes for different folks. There will always be preferences. The important thing is that College Park continues to move away from the crap town it is today. We don't need it to be like those other towns. Just be better than it is today.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Different strokes for different folks. There will always be preferences. The important thing is that College Park continues to move away from the crap town it is today. We don't need it to be like those other towns. Just be better than it is today.
That's good because it can't. College Park is ugly and no amount of chains is going to change that.

Get it over with and open up a dog racing track. It would fit in perfectly.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:09 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,122 times
Default Target

One of first TargetExpress stores in the nation to open in College Park - The Washington Post

Old 03-15-2015, 12:16 PM

39 posts, read 49,675 times
Quote:
I don't know about oxford, but Charlottesville is a war zone with 60% more violent crime than CP. Not to mention lacrosse coed head bashings, coed abduction/murders and general frat sexual assault.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:57 PM

39 posts, read 49,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terplandlord View Post
I don't know about oxford, but Charlottesville is a war zone with 60% more violent crime than CP. Not to mention lacrosse coed head bashings, coed abduction/murders and general frat sexual assault.
Charlottesville is also a suicide Mecca. CP is a much safer, happier/healthier college town.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terplandlord View Post
Charlottesville is also a suicide Mecca. CP is a much safer, happier/healthier college town.
CP looks like the bottom of an old rowboat.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,122 times
Quote:
CP looks like the bottom of an old rowboat.
Personally, I never understood why the University didnt jump in and fix up the town decades ago. I went to Maryland in the late 80's, up until recently, it looks basically the same.....

UM should have tried to buy property years ago along Route 1, the "Green House" area in front of Campus Drive should have been a sort of town center.....again, decades ago.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
Personally, I never understood why the University didnt jump in and fix up the town decades ago. I went to Maryland in the late 80's, up until recently, it looks basically the same.....

UM should have tried to buy property years ago along Route 1, the "Green House" area in front of Campus Drive should have been a sort of town center.....again, decades ago.
I think that has a lot to do with the relationship with town leadership. I hear that back then, the two didn't get along very well. Which is why the metro station is a mile from the center of campus.

Since then, that relationship has gotten a lot better. And we're only now seeing the fruits of that mended relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland