Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 09:08 PM

371 posts, read 425,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
here goes a list of most the hoods in the DMV.

NW:
CTU crew (Fairmont, University Place, Clifton st)
G-rod (Girard Street)
4th and R
Kennedy Park
Kennedy St
Rock Creek
Ledroit park
9th street compound
1-4 zone
1-7 (17th street adams morgan/mt pleasant)
3500 14th street
Rittenhouse Street
640 (Park Morton apts)
Shephard Park
Delafield
Loose cannon
357 jackboys (7th and Taylor)
Sursum Corda

NE:
Lincoln Heights
Clay Terrace
Kenilworth
Mayfair-Paradise
Riggs Park
Michigan Park
1-8 zone
Nu town
E street bangaz
10th n Gangsta
Trinidad
Langston Lane/21st
19th n Maryland
44th
57th

SE:
Barry Farm
24th bang bang
Choppa city
Woodland Terrace (Lench mob)
Duece duece
1duece
Shipley Terrace
Parkland
Washington view
3rd world
Wheeler rd
46th
37th
36th-n-minnesota
28th-n-minnesota
19th-n-minnesota
Potomac Gardens
501 (demolished)
Hopkins

SW:
Wingates
Irvington

Montgomery County:
Crush Mob 88 (Piney Branch Rd and University Blvd to Carroll Ave and University Blvd)
7600 Maple Ave (Takoma Park)
108 (Olney)
3800 Castle Blvd/38 trouble boys (Briggs Chaney)
Ht (Hampshire Towers)
Rosemary Hills (Downtown Silver Spring)
Lincoln Park (Rockville)
124 (Montgomery Village)
Bel-pre (Aspen Hill)
650 Lockwood (White Oak)

PG:
Kentland zoo (Landover)
Forest Creek (Forestville)
520 (Capitol Heights)
1200 (Capitol Heights)
31-31 (Mt. Rainier)
Scraypuz Shop (Fairmont Heights)
Cheverly Terrace (Cheverly/Landover)
51 sandbox (Bladensburg)
Dangerzone (New Carrollton)
85th (New Carrollton)
Chapel rd (Largo)
Glenarden
Riverdale
Swann Road (Suitland)
Hilltop (District Heights)
Hell Park (Suitland)
Homer Ave (Suitland)
Cherry Hill (Landover Hills)
Mattapony (Bladensburg)

Brittany Place (Greenbelt)
Hill Road (Landover)
Palmer Park
SPC (Seat Pleasant)
Valley Green (Landover)
Nalley Rd (Landover)

NoVa:
7 woodz
55th
Da highway
Del-ray
Nu projexx

thats most of them

said it all, but if you are worried. the gang scene doesnt disrupt anyone really. Just don't go to a gogo lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 52,869 times
young this Drac from the good ol Michigan park crew don't believe me go out four seasons corner store across from Mc'ds see my name Drac spelled in the concrete next to Dudda on the side of it....surfing the web and came up on this thread..first off let me say I love d.c. and all the crews out this joint from Montana ave to Minn ave....about that bloods and crip stuff, maybe out PG county but even then I havent seen it out PG county md...Eastern ave is the division in d.c./md and that is like 8-10 blocks away from Michigan park...would be like 1 block if you live in riggs park which borders PG county Maryland....like I said there's no blooods up that part of PG county... I haven't even heard of no blood/crip talk unless referred to as some bama youngin doing a some bs gang sign/dance shyt.

riggs park jy like go hard and it doesn't since Sean was killed by a cop like in 98 {made national news} they lock that crew down, youngin was killed over a water gun or something in the frontseat when he reached for it, I faded with him since Backus Junior high was open back in 95 well before it became that magnet school bs...about that magnet school fake stuff. They just pushed all the "problem" students out ...pass them even when we were failing..hell I skipped 6 months in backus and still was passed... after that they bus in "honor students" so declared themselves a magnet school...but that lie didnt fly for long, backus closed down.

Sidenote: a few kids from backus died on that sept 11th attack traveling in the d.c. plane, Bush's wife came out michigan park photo opt type thing at Backus {she only came once}...whole joint was shutdown cops posted and ish, same thing happen when that youngin flipped out and took that family hostage in michigan park.....joint was crazy that day, cops thought they had it lock , I aint know anything had happen check it, I come up out the cut {little known pathway we made by the old church} and see a cop on the other little cut we made by the carryout straight posted in a guard stance..lucky I wasn't smoken a blunt or worse dippa

Old 12-21-2009, 01:35 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Ok I have always heard DC is very dangerous via news and web but I just spent 30min on google street view and I can't find a single rough looking neighborhood in DC. Where am I going wrong? I have the cops show when they're in DC but I can't find a "hood" in all of the city. Where is the hood?

Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM

96 posts, read 560,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Ok I have always heard DC is very dangerous via news and web but I just spent 30min on google street view and I can't find a single rough looking neighborhood in DC. Where am I going wrong? I have the cops show when they're in DC but I can't find a "hood" in all of the city. Where is the hood?
Google map YUMA ST S.E.! You'll get your answer!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:24 PM

96 posts, read 560,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post

here goes a list of most the hoods in the DMV.

NW:
CTU crew (Fairmont, University Place, Clifton st)
G-rod (Girard Street)
4th and R
Kennedy Park
Kennedy St
Rock Creek
Ledroit park
9th street compound
1-4 zone
1-7 (17th street adams morgan/mt pleasant)
3500 14th street
Rittenhouse Street
640 (Park Morton apts)
Shephard Park
Delafield
Loose cannon
357 jackboys (7th and Taylor)
Sursum Corda

NE:
Lincoln Heights
Clay Terrace
Kenilworth
Mayfair-Paradise
Riggs Park
Michigan Park
1-8 zone
Nu town
E street bangaz
10th n Gangsta
Trinidad
Langston Lane/21st
19th n Maryland
44th
57th

SE:
Barry Farm
24th bang bang
Choppa city
Woodland Terrace (Lench mob)
Duece duece
1duece
Shipley Terrace
Parkland
Washington view
3rd world
Wheeler rd
46th
37th
36th-n-minnesota
28th-n-minnesota
19th-n-minnesota
Potomac Gardens
501 (demolished)
Hopkins

SW:
Wingates
Irvington

Montgomery County:
Crush Mob 88 (Piney Branch Rd and University Blvd to Carroll Ave and University Blvd)
7600 Maple Ave (Takoma Park)
108 (Olney)
3800 Castle Blvd/38 trouble boys (Briggs Chaney)
Ht (Hampshire Towers)
Rosemary Hills (Downtown Silver Spring)
Lincoln Park (Rockville)
124 (Montgomery Village)
Bel-pre (Aspen Hill)
650 Lockwood (White Oak)

PG:
Kentland zoo (Landover)
Forest Creek (Forestville)
520 (Capitol Heights)
1200 (Capitol Heights)
31-31 (Mt. Rainier)
Scraypuz Shop (Fairmont Heights)
Cheverly Terrace (Cheverly/Landover)
51 sandbox (Bladensburg)
Dangerzone (New Carrollton)
85th (New Carrollton)
Chapel rd (Largo)
Glenarden
Riverdale
Swann Road (Suitland)
Hilltop (District Heights)
Hell Park (Suitland)
Homer Ave (Suitland)
Cherry Hill (Landover Hills)
Mattapony (Bladensburg)

Brittany Place (Greenbelt)
Hill Road (Landover)
Palmer Park
SPC (Seat Pleasant)
Valley Green (Landover)
Nalley Rd (Landover)

NoVa:
7 woodz
55th
Da highway
Del-ray
Nu projexx

thats most of them

Aye young no disrespect, but you obviously listen and go to ALOT of GO-GO's cause you named them joint like a shout out! I hope you know whats really goin on in these hoods you named!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:04 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,212,824 times
Quote:
I've lived in both cities, as well as been a fireman in DC and one in the suburbs of Milwaukee. So I don't always work in the nicest areas. First, DC is not very dangerous at all. It's definitely rougher than Milwaukee. The crime is more spread out. Milwaukee has a lot of the crime secluded to certain sections of the city. You see people argue on here about Columbia Heights. There are some projects with crime problems only blocks away from tons of young professionals and condos that cost $2000/month for a 1br. So areas may not look terrible but crimes still happen. It cleaned up a lot though. It's not the murder capital is was in the early 90s. It's on pace for only about 130 homicides this year I think.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 PM

Now from what I have seen of DC's bad areas actually look like nice areas. It's a lot different than Milwaukee, Chicago and Miami. Sure fooled me! I looked at a homicide map from 04-06 and street viewed those areas and it looked really nice.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Now from what I have seen of DC's bad areas actually look like nice areas. It's a lot different than Milwaukee, Chicago and Miami. Sure fooled me! I looked at a homicide map from 04-06 and street viewed those areas and it looked really nice.

None of these areas look too nice my man I dont know what you were lookin at

eaton rd washington, d.c - Google Maps

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,1.97,,0,-4.27

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...181.31,,0,5.84

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...12,200.36,,0,5

Last edited by boreatwork; 12-21-2009 at 06:38 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 52,729 times
yea most of deez hoods is cleaned up.....im from 4th-n-r and its definitly not wat it use 2 b but please dnt think its sweet at night

Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 PM

I guess I'm just used to our hood looking like Detroit or Gary or the old South Bronx in NY. I still don't think those areas look bad maybe not upscale but not bad. Whats with everyone cutting their lawns in the DC hoods? that's one thing that struck me about the hood their.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC