Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,420,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Then stop responding to posts and ask moderators to close the thread.
It just point that you are somewhat psychologically invested in this, especially since you cross-referred to this on another sub-forum. A man "crashing a woman's wedding" - "how dare he?" Actually, I think walking "off the job" would have been funnier.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times
Just to clarify, you didn't crash the wedding. Your date did.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Just to clarify, you didn't crash the wedding. Your date did.
True, but someone had to invite her, and she never saw the wedding invitation. Thus, I take the credit. Gladly.

That idiot was lucky to have a "best man." Since college was over, "walking off" would have been ever funnier.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,408,862 times
This is a link to the Emily Post website regarding bringing an uninvited guest. Emily Post, as she was the go to etiquette person, should be enough. Oh, and the Emily Post Etiquette Institute is run by a man.

Oh, and your date, according to them...it was tacky.

Guests

Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It just point that you are somewhat psychologically invested in this, especially since you cross-referred to this on another sub-forum. A man "crashing a woman's wedding" - "how dare he?" Actually, I think walking "off the job" would have been funnier.
The passive aggressive style is entertaining. Nice, you introduced your date to wedding crashing.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,408,862 times
Isn't it charming? Although I feel sorry for her. He states she never saw the invitation and had no idea she was't invited. I can only imagine how she must have felt, showing up and learning she was uninvited...wow.

Inconsiderate to not only the wedding (too many people too list individually) AND to the poor woman who was uninvited and wasn't even aware until she had already crashed the wedding!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The passive aggressive style is entertaining. Nice, you introduced your date to wedding crashing.
Yes, thanks to stalking my current other thread penned within the last hour in psychology. Yes, I was, and am, a decent looking guy and did not appreciate being fixed up with a 2 or a 3. I guess you make an issue of this since someone of your current demographics wouldn't be within my range. Also, all the threads on here point that this is the "bride's day," hence the indignant pi$$ing contest. My date found the whole thing laughable, still does, years later, and thinks they are jerks.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 05-22-2012 at 10:39 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Isn't it charming? Although I feel sorry for her. He states she never saw the invitation and had no idea she was't invited. I can only imagine how she must have felt, showing up and learning she was uninvited...wow.

Inconsiderate to not only the wedding (too many people too list individually) AND to the poor woman who was uninvited and wasn't even aware until she had already crashed the wedding!
Read the previous post. How's she going to see the invitation? We lived 4 miles apart. Can't see your profile, bunny.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 05-22-2012 at 11:04 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times
Quote:
Yes, thanks to stalking my current other thread penned within the last hour in psychology. Yes, I was, and am, a decent looking guy and did not appreciate being fixed up with a 2 or a 3. I guess you make an issue of this since someone of your current demographics wouldn't be within my range. Also, all the threads on here point that this is the "bride's day," so hence the indignant pi$$ing contest. My date found the whole thing laughable, still does, years later, and thinks they are jerks.
Not to disappoint, haven't read or seen it, I'll check it out.

I'm still in Fashion and Beauty with the hoodie thread....lol

Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM

426 posts, read 792,877 times
Quote:
Yes, thanks to stalking my current other thread penned within the last hour in psychology. Yes, I was, and am, a decent looking guy and did not appreciate being fixed up with a 2 or a 3. I guess you make an issue of this since someone of your current demographics wouldn't be within my range. Also, all the threads on here point that this is the "bride's day," hence the indignant pi$$ing contest. My date found the whole thing laughable, still does, years later, and thinks they are jerks.
Sounds like someone needs to grow up...i'm 23, the best man and entilited to bring a date, regardless of what they think. I should have proved to them by driving off in my camero (LOL) with my uninvited guest that I am too darn good looking to be set up by a "2 or 3" (in your eyes only). Good luck in life shallow Hal!

Anyway, as I, myself am planning a wedding, this thread has given me some thought. I thought "and guest" was exceptable, but I will be sure to find out everyone's first & last name to include on the invitation. Thank you for posting this post OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings