Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM

513 posts, read 961,904 times

Advertisements

This thread is great. I have a winter home in the 33407. Yes, you occasionally hear a drive by off in the distance or hear about the occasional drug buy that went bad. But, overall it is great to live in Old Northwood near the intracostal which is the most important and few great marinas where I store one of my yachts.

I went to look at home in Riveria Beach and the real estate agent didnt want to get of the car. So he ran to the front door as if he was dodging bullets in Vietnam. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 AM

513 posts, read 961,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx
west palm beach is not that bad. the bad areas are in the northern part. if you are coming from philly you will laugh at these neighborhoods. truth is, west palm beach has a feel of an empty ghost town in alot of parts... I always find myself wondering how there can be all this crime when no one seems to be around to commit it.

Looks like the above response was from a WPB native.

Sounds pretty scary !

Please comment on the above, especially the 2 incidents in red.

Thank you !
What I recommend is you buy an AK-47 and get the most expensive ADP alarm system (windows, doors, motion sensors). That way if the alarm goes off and you have to shoot invaders you have just cause. Also, befriend some of the cuban gangsters you can find south? of city place at those makeshift spanish food trucks. If you hear the sound of Uzi's always hit the floor they tend to have shoot outs mostly on Thurs, Friday and Sat. On the weekends I go out on my yacht and head south on the water towards Lauderdale. You dont see many gangsters out on the water.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,794 times
As a general rule of thumb, don't live anywhere near the location an episode of The First 48 was filmed. Just a FYI

Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,957 times
k

Old 06-19-2012, 03:45 AM

41 posts, read 90,087 times
Sorry but WPB is a horrible place to live unless you're really well off.
The economy here is dreadful, the food is horrid, I mean really bad and too much crime.
Will be moving asap........

Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalfant View Post
Sorry but WPB is a horrible place to live unless you're really well off.
The economy here is dreadful, the food is horrid, I mean really bad and too much crime.
Will be moving asap........

Economy: Job market not the greatest, I agree and it's true rich people flock here and live it up and do quite well for themselves. Many own small businesses and just flourish, sometimes hire people we just need more of it ,because South Florida will never be a place for large employers.

Food: Not a clear representation, lot's of great places out there. I have had lousy food and I avoid those places.

Crime: Lately, yes lot's of PBSO shootings and drive by's on the News. Not going to cover that one up, but with the given population this happens. Maybe too much lately?

According to the FDLE, crime is down in PB County for 2011 compared to 2010, who knows it may go up in 2012?

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...alm-Beach.aspx

Well if you move, be careful where you pick there are lot's of places that are worse than here for all the above.

Last edited by THX 1138; 06-19-2012 at 10:17 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
I stand corrected, I'm thinking the crime rate in the county will rise in 2012. I just saw this on the news, suburban WPB. Near Forest Hill and Jog, a notoriously shady looking apartment complex since I lived here. Right across the street from another recent incident.

2 in custody after man shot, killed at West Palm Beach apartment | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 4,677 times
I'm a middle class professional (computers) and get job opportunities 2, 3 times a week.
I never could have believed the market in my field was this good. I took a job in downtown WPB
for a big company and they pay pretty competitive. Full salary, OT, and benefits.

I moved from Mission Viejo, CA and must say WPB is definitely no socal, but the beaches are beautiful, the weather is great 9 months out of the year, the tourist season is how this town thrives. Because it's a tourist town it has some downfalls, crowded, prices are ridiculous in "season", did I say crowded? The upside of that is as a resident I get to enjoy some pretty amazing restaurants, nightlife, and college girls..oh and girls on vacation...hehe.

It is strange that it's so black and white rich\poor. You can go from Clematis to ghetto in a few blocks. I don't go to crappy areas like Tamarind and Dixie, I just drive through them. Boyton, Del ray, and Boca definitely remind me more of Orange county than anything. Tons of money. It's not perfect, otherwise I wouldn't be able to rent a condo on the intracoastal for 1000 bucks, but it's a pretty cool place.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM

22 posts, read 42,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
That's encouraging facts, thanks !

We are planning to spend more and more time in S FL, so a relatively safer city is one of the criteria.

A lot of Canadians, mostly from Ontario & Quebec, have been spending their winters in Central & South Florida. If it was so scary why would tens of thousands of them leave Ontario & Quebec for Central & South FL year after year !
Canadians would go anywhere where there's warm weather.

They love going to Mexico and getting killed.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 AM

95 posts, read 308,872 times
Snowbird, if you r stull lurking please ahare ur experience... How do u like WPB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach