Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,626 times

Advertisements

I agree that this town blows, and it almost traps ya, and dope heads galore,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM

340 posts, read 495,531 times
Lived in Andover for two years. I can tell you I did not even like going to the Library in Wichita. Its full of pan handlers and free coffee to the homeless. You can drive around down town Wichita and its buildings with boarded up windows, vacancy's and churches that are giving out free food to the homeless. Its hot as hell in summer and can be cold as Minnesota in winter. No mater which way you drive its flat and ugly. Lake Cheney I was told is a very nice lake. Its not, its a mud hole masquerading as a lake. I left and never looked back. It was a bad derision to move there in the first place.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 PM

7 posts, read 22,493 times
I'm still not afraid to go into any Wichita neighborhood...in daylight. Most of the violent crime is committed against folks the perp knows or when robbing a business. Wichita is slowly becoming integrated. I have a Black family on one side of my house and a Hispanic family on the other. We get along like neighbors should. But there are some persistent pockets to avoid, those with gangs and areas with no wisdom, primarily Southeast and Northeast. For lower middle class budgets I recommend Delano. Next step up would be Riverside, West of Ridge Rd and maybe some of the neighborhoods East of College Hill. If I were in the market I wouldn't look North or South. Next you get into the higher ranges...College Hill and developments way out East and West of town. Among the bedroom communities, Maize, Andover, Valley Center and Derby are places to check (Maize probably has the best schools).

Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,926 times
We moved from Fort Worth to Wichita in 1943 and I grew up in Riverside. Homes are kept up and Riverside looks the same as then except the Park, Zoo etc. I outlived most of the trees in Riverside. Now there are new ones. There were no malls. All shopping was "Downtown". There was a Municipal Swimming Pool where now is the Tennis Center. As an adult I immigrated to Israel. This last June (2013) I relocated from Jerusalem to Wichita. I want to finish up where I left off.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 PM

6 posts, read 13,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
LOL no offense.. Wichita had 18 murders in 2006. For a city it's size, it's one of the safest in the nation. There is a city East Cleveland, a suburb of Cleveland, OH which had the same amount of murders with a population of 35,000.

I have visited and it looked completely safe. To say there are armed gangs with machine guns roaming the streets is one of the most absurd statements I have ever heard. Another example would be Youngstown, Ohio.. 73,000 people with 40 murders last year. Nearly double the amount of murders with a population almost 1/5th the size.

If you want real crime and poverty, visit rust belt cities... ie: Cleveland, Youngstown, Detroit, Flint, Gary, Cincinnati
When did East Cleveland have 18 murders in one year? I lived there for 13 years in an apartment on Euclid ave. near Hastings st. and don't remember this.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:05 PM

6 posts, read 13,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
What are you talking about? If you can comprehend what I am saying, you should understand.

CLEVELAND HAS A SAFE METRO. The city itself is dangerous NOT the metro. Cleveland the CITY had 140 murders, NOT the metro. The size of the metro is NO indication to how dangerous the actual main city is.

Cleveland itself only has 435,000 people, only a 100,000 more than Wichita. Regardless of how big the metro area is, that was not the discussion. I was comparing individual cities. Heck, San Diego has a MUCH larger metro than Cleveland.. so by your logic it should be more dangerous, which is the farthest thing from the truth.

The bottom line is, Metro areas have absolutely nothing to do with the crime in the big city. Heck, Cleveland has a HUGE metro, yet it's almost all completely safe - and in fact one of the safest in the nations. That alone should be an indication that your theory is wrong.

And I don't need to post stat figures, considering they are all over the internet. Wichita is relatively safe, I don't care what you say. Just quit with the idiotic "metro" debate... that has nothing to do with the crime in the big cities itself. (Mistake me if I'm wrong, Wichita IS a big city?)
As a resident of Northeast Ohio all my life, Cleveland in particular, I take serious issue with your assertion that Cleveland is horrible but the surrounding and near suburbs are safe. BULLCRAP! There's not a truly safe area in most of N.E. Ohio. The suburbs are full of heroin addicts and meth labs. Just yesterday, 50 White heavy metal fans and bands terroized Lakewood!

Old 09-22-2015, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,782 times
All gang members are Peter puffing ******* in the closet. Come on, why would you hang out with other males? Think about it.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:07 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Default Hilltop Manor?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...12-27439?row=1

Can you guys tell me if this co-op of HILLTOP MANOR is in a ghetto section?
Anything to share re: Hilltop section in general?

Thanks!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:37 PM

767 posts, read 1,321,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...12-27439?row=1

Can you guys tell me if this co-op of HILLTOP MANOR is in a ghetto section?
Anything to share re: Hilltop section in general?

Thanks!
Yes. If it's going for $9,000 and its zoned to Wichita Southeast it's probably not in the best part of town.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Ergh. Like, how bad is that section?
I mean, is it just run down and poor but largely safe, or a hotbed of violent crime?

I am poor myself and am looking in poor areas, but am also a respectable citizen. I can handle run down and shabby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita