Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM

30,529 posts, read 23,956,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
Perhaps a course in reading comprehension is also necessary. After completion of said course, you should come to grasp that you would be reported not for slander, but for posting information that other users did not wish to share with the rest of the community (ahem, DMs). And c'mon now, look up 'slander'. I even used an example for ya, scout. You most certainly slandered me, perhaps not with an explicit degradation, but through implication based on false pretenses.
Boy if that isn't calling the kettle black. I responded after reading the OP. I then chose to read the rest of the posts. Now that I have, I'm sorry I wasted my time responding the first time. The OP does not want to hear it. You wanted to know why your supervisor acted the way she did, everyone told you why, you don't accept it.

Fine, go live in your dramatic little world where you are the victim and continue to act the way you do, at work. See how long you stay employed.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM

30,529 posts, read 23,956,209 times
By the way, if you were such a "genius" as you claim, you would know that slander is done with speech and LIBEL is written form. Yah, I "tried" you.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,987,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Boy if that isn't calling the kettle black. I responded after reading the OP. I then chose to read the rest of the posts. Now that I have, I'm sorry I wasted my time responding the first time. The OP does not want to hear it. You wanted to know why your supervisor acted the way she did, everyone told you why, you don't accept it.

Fine, go live in your dramatic little world where you are the victim and continue to act the way you do, at work. See how long you stay employed.
You're way beyond your scope, my friend. But hey, thanks for your first post. I actually appreciated it. You don't know who I am or how I act at work or, more than likely, anything about this particular situation. Yet, you have chosen to lambaste me. You have shown your character quite vividly here tonight, sir, and it is not one of high stature.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM

16,193 posts, read 21,352,181 times
If you had a true emergency come up, say you broke a tooth or whatever, and you called in sick for that, I think most companies would be fine with that. Stuff happens that's out of our control sometimes.

OTOH healthy people don't generally need to schedule a lot of time off for visits to health care professionals. Maybe a physical once a year and a cleaning every six months. Surely not anything that couldn't be rescheduled for a more convenient time, one that wouldn't interfere with a probationary period in a new job.

So if you are inquiring about how to ask for time off this early in the game it would suggest to the supervisor that you are planning to routinely ask for time off.
It makes it seem as though you have things that need to be taken care of that can't be put off, in other words it comes across as you have ongoing health problems that might interfere with your attendance on a regular basis. A red flag.

Are you this controversial at work?!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

Are you this controversial at work?!
No, of course not. Most anonymous web crawlers aren't anything like they are in real life. In fact, if most of you met me in person, you'd probably even like me. God forbid, kodaka would probably even like me if he/she didn't know who I was on here.

Anyway, I wasn't the one starting controversy. I gave my view on the matter, and then the thread got hi-jacked by a gang of posters who claimed to be all-knowing and absolute. I didn't agree with what they were saying. I believe what they were advising was irresponsible and negligent. That's just my opinion though. They continued to further their claims with weak arguments and condescension, so I called them out on it. If it's wrong to question people on their stance, then I don't wanna be right.

Last edited by Z3N1TH 0N3; 08-15-2011 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
So if you are inquiring about how to ask for time off this early in the game it would suggest to the supervisor that you are planning to routinely ask for time off.
It makes it seem as though you have things that need to be taken care of that can't be put off, in other words it comes across as you have ongoing health problems that might interfere with your attendance on a regular basis. A red flag.
I see what you're saying. It seems there was some miscommunication between her and I. What I thought was a seemingly innocent question regarding her preference on a work-related topic, may have indicated to her that I'm a potential abuser of time off. That is certainly not the case, and it is not the idea that I wanted to leave with her at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment