Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,145,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Because no matter how you calculate the statistics, the number of EDUCATED white men will always be greater than the number of EDUCATED black men..there are approximately 200,000,000 white americans making up 74 percent of the US population and 40,000,000 black americans making up just 12% of the population.

That's how.
I can't argue with those numbers and I;m black-lol

Old 09-05-2011, 07:26 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,995,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can't argue with those numbers and I;m black-lol
LOL. I'm a black woman just stating the facts!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,607,307 times
Forget the IQ tests; they are meaningless and misleading. For decades they have comparing Blacks to Whites as if there are no other races on the planet. And lets look at education in the US compared to other nations. WE ARE LOSING GROUND...Why? It has NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACK PEOPLE. Doesn't that sound strange to you...ALWAYS comparing only those two races????? You can have research say what you want it to say. I worked with a medical doctor that used to do it ALL the time; making the results different by eliminating certain data. I believe this tactic is used to keep Blacks from believing they are intelligent. For example native Africans with degrees are very intelligent.

But I must agree with Bill Cosby, blacks really don't push to get knowledge under their belts. Now a black female will, even if she had two to three kids in tow; she will get her education. But black men lag behind in this pursuit esp higher education,any education for that matter. They also have a bitterness/anger within them that can be seen from MILES away which may be the biggest turn off for employers, along with the potential of a black person pulling the "racists" card out everytime an issue arises. Discrimination is live and well in American but I hate to say it..."Get over it." Until you begin to prove them wrong, they will be right.

Until blacks start to educate themselves, stop being bitter and angry and defensive and fail to take responsiblity for themselves and always having a excuse of "why" they have'nt done this or that and having a feeling of entitlement for SSI, welfare, section 8,9 and 10 housing and always looking to "get over" on somebody; stop using drugs and alcohol as medication to escapeTHIS situation, things will GET WORSE

What has happened is that the Whites have told you are worthless and YOU BELIEVED IT; that is the problem... you have fulfilled THEIR prophecy of YOU

Last edited by eyewrist; 09-05-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,239,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Ok, how about some of you who think you know it all try explaining this.

Why is the unemployment rate for EDUCATED black men (8.4% in 2009) double the rate for EDUCATED white men (4.4% in 2009)?

Essentially, this leaves out the "because they're drop out who have their pants sagging and a poor mastery of the English language" BS.

I'll wait...
I'm not sure what accounts for it, tho, I imagine several variables are involved. For example, how do choice of majors compare between the races? I ask because in my own personal experience at work I don't see a lot of African Americans represented nor did I share classrooms while in college. There's only one person in my department that is black, but she's not African American. She's Haitian. There's a black intern in an adjacent department who is also a woman.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Forget the IQ tests; they are meaningless and misleading. For decades they have comparing Blacks to Whites as if there are no other races on the planet. And lets look at education in the US compared to other nations. WE ARE LOSING GROUND...Why? It has NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACK PEOPLE. Doesn't that sound strange to you...ALWAYS comparing only those two races????? You can have research say what you want it to say. I worked with a medical doctor that used to do it ALL the time; making the results different by eliminating certain data. I believe this tactic is used to keep Blacks from believing they are intelligent. For example native Africans with degrees are very intelligent.

But I must agree with Bill Cosby, blacks really don't push to get knowledge under their belts. Now a black female will, even if she had two to three kids in tow; she will get her education. But black men lag behind in this pursuit esp higher education,any education for that matter. They also have a bitterness/anger within them that can be seen from MILES away which may be the biggest turn off for employers, along with the potential of a black person pulling the "racists" card out everytime an issue arises. Discrimantion is live and well in American but I hate to say it..."Get over it." Until you begin to prove them wrong, they will be right.

Until blacks start to educate themselves, stop being bitter and angry and defensive and fail to take responsiblity for themselves and always having a excuse of "why" they have'nt done this or that and having a feeling of entitlement for SSI, welfare, section 8,9 and 10 housing and always looking to "get over" on somebody; stop using drugs and alcohol as medication to escapeTHIS situation, things will GET WORSE

What has happened is that the Whites have told you are worthless and YOU BELIEVED IT; that is the problem... you have fulfilled THEIR prophecy of YOU

Very GREAT points you have presented. I don't understand what it is either. White people act as if there are only two races, white & black. They choose to point out every single little negative thing and only use black people as an example.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,769,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not sure what accounts for it, tho, I imagine several variables are involved. For example, how do choice of majors compare between the races? I ask because in my own personal experience at work I don't see a lot of African Americans represented nor did I share classrooms while in college. There's only one person in my department that is black, but she's not African American. She's Haitian. There's a black intern in an adjacent department who is also a woman.
And I think that was the question the OP was asking. Besides the question of their major (which is legit), the only thing that can explain this particular statistic (leaving out felons or drop outs) is racial discrimination, because since they are eduacted they are very little in the way of other variables. Strictly from a human aspect, I would think if an employer (regardless of whatever race they are) had two equally qualified men in front of them (cost equally as much to hire and had the same personality), but were of different races, they would choose the person they have more in common with culturally. After all, again from a purely human aspect, you would have a more pleasant time working with someone you have more in common with versus someone you don't. It's sort of like the Barbie test tehy used to do with little kids. And besides this, Whites do disproportionately hold many of the management positions in the business community.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:52 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,607,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes... career choice is the KEY to anybody, even Blacks, to be in demand. But blacks don't want to put that much effort or sacrifices needed to get into a higher education environment. That takes determination, self discipline and life management which most Blacks aren't willing to do. Get pissed at me if you desire but truth is truth. Also never train yourself in ONE area or you will be dropped like a bucket of S**T in an outhouse; get training in mutilple areas "of demand" not just one. And always live well within your finacial means; not above them trying to keep up with the "White Joneses" Hell, their A$$E$ are broke too; their just not telling it. They will always be paid higher than Blacks, just like the do women...so live modestly and HUMBLY

Last edited by eyewrist; 09-05-2011 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,239,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Very GREAT points you have presented. I don't understand what it is either. White people act as if there are only two races, white & black. They choose to point out every single little negative thing and only use black people as an example.
Lets clarify that with some white people. I'm white and have posed a challenge to those in this thread making a egregious claims about race and IQ.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post

No one ridicules blacks more than other blacks.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
No one ridicules blacks more than other blacks.
What makes you even make such a statement? Proof, facts, web address..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment