Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,082,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
When all the blacks stuck together, and for the first time for many of them went out and voted for Obama for no other reason but because he was black, that was okay. The difference between the blacks that voted and the white people that voted for him was that the white people weren't looking at the color of his skin. I thought that would be the end of the blacks crying that they are discriminated against.
Why do blacks have a problem because small businesses won't hire them? Why is it wrong if the white race sticks together and takes care of their own? Blacks say WE are prejudice....I feel it's the other way around.
Like someone else said in a past post, business owners don't want to hire blacks because once they are hired, you are stuck with them even if they are not suited for the job. I supervised two black women. One was extremely lazy and didn't do anything all day. The other one refused to do anything she was asked and was extremely prejudice. There was not one thing the boss could do because she didn't want to have a discrimination charge against her. So what it came down to is the white employees had to do more. The white women were not treated equally. Guys would be hired for full time positions just because of the color of their skin. The black employees would cry discrimination if one of their own wasn't given a permanent position in a high paying job.
I know it sounds like I am prejudice but I'm not. I have long time black friends and the last thing we talk about is the color of our skin. Blacks refuse to believe that they are not hired because of something they brought on themselves.
You raise a good point. I've never heard of white women being lazy and not getting their work done.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:55 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,605,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
This is why blacks are behind. I am no longer convinced it has much to do with racism or discrimination or "fear" as you've suggested. It has largely to do with wanting to play the victim. When blacks look at percieved inadequacies within their race, instead of taking responsibility for them, the problems are deflected and excuses developed. It's always easier to lay blame on someone else, and in this case, much easier for blacks to blame whites because of such an unsavory and not too distant past. But, even in light of the significant progress made through the civil rights movement, there are unfortunately several blacks who would want you to believe that almost no progress has been made at all, and that the same degree of racism and discrimination is alive and at work today.

The truth is obvious, and this obvious truth is that, although racism and discrimination have not been completely erradicated, they don't affects blacks (on the whole) not even close to as much as they did 40+ years ago. And with the age of the civil rights movement fading further into the horizon, it will soon be time to begin dealing with the problems that blacks are inflicting on themselves, such as anti-intellectualism, fatherless households, etc., holding ourselves accountable without turning to an expired race card. We're pretty much at the point where no one is interested in the excuses anymore. I certainly can't believe that in a day where there are black billionaires, CEO's, numerous thriving black middle and upper middle class communities, even a President, some of us would still rather regurgitate sentiments that were valid during the social climate of 1965 but much less now, because it is so much easier than thinking that we might actually be responsible for most of our own issues today. It's not easy dealing with having the crutch swept from under you.
I would enjoy doing some theorizing and coming up with "my" and "your" hypothesis through intelluctualizing this subject to DEATH but I said I am DONE. I will not be back, I will not participate in another discussion like this again...I"M DONE. The rest of you can carry on.

PS So all you blacks who need positive comment, I suggest you copy and paste my comment about Blacks in Word, print out and pin it on the walls of your home and read it 100 times a day until you GET IT....I'm DONE

Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 8,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Good points. ALL education is in America is about programming people to be what they want thats why it is falling behind while other nations are surpassing us. "Whites" have disgraced every race for their personal benefit. Mexicans, they called *******s; Indians, which they killed and forced off THEIR land, Asian by calling them Chanks and putting them in prison after the bombing of Pearl Harbor; Middle Easterners by calling them Sand N***ers and the Jews because God selected them. BUT the is SOMETHING about Blacks that bothers them.

There is over 1000 people watching/participating in this thread and what I am about to say will surprise everyone but IF you REALLY THINK ABOUT IT your would have to say this is true about Blacks. Now I know this will be removed because this will reveal the secret of this conspiracy. I will list them, here goes... Blacks are...

1. Witty and comical. Most of your favorite comedians were...you guessed it...Blacks. Blacks can take a bad situation in their lives and turn it into the funniest jokes. Whites will cry in the beer, need an antidepressant or commit sucide, taking the whole family with them.

2. Very discerning. People can come up to you and tell you a bunch of BS and within 30 seconds you have figured it out that it was... BS. Whites don't like that about you; your to quick to figure things out...they can't have THAT since they are always trying to figure a way out of real work...they are LAZY.
But what I have noticed is that you (black males, NOT females) are lossing this God given ability. That's because you have been brainwashed or you don't use it much..don't use it; you lose it

3.Creative and Ingenious. Blacks created the cottin gin, crop rotation and KFC but whites manipulated it from Blacks. Whites said you could never play tennis...wrong; you could never play golf...wrong again, you could never do ballet ...oops wrong still again. Hell, one day I was watching the Purnia Dog Challenge and was wondering why I never saw a Black man participate in this. Then low and behold and Black man DID come out to perform with his herding dog. THIS was a SIGHT to SEE. The dog did everything but do cart wheels, round offs and backflips (but from what I remember I think the dog did do backflips). As the finale the Black man held his arms as if he was carrying something and the dog took a running leap RIGHT INTO HIS ARMS. This black man got a STANDING OVATION. Well... as for the white guys, the cameraman did a sweep of their faces as they stood in TOTAL SHOCK...mouths open, frozen in time. I was ROFL and pointing at the TV. I hadn't seen the Purnia Dog Challenge since but I don't watch TV much either.

4. Physically and Mentally Strong. Your bodies can withstand hard labor and distance endurance WHEN you get it in shape which only take Black 1/4 of the time to do so compared to whites. Blacks really don't need steroids if you ask me. You rarely get sick IF you eat right and get off the sugar, salt, fats alcohol and drugs. Even the females are strong. White women spend BIG money to get darker skin, larger lips and bigger butts....like BLACK women. For Blacks... it's natural.
You discipline your children with just a stern look you don't take crap off your children like whites. You can even look at a stranger's kid acting bad and that child will stop the behavior; now that is incredibe to me. You have the ability to stay focused on a task IF you want to. You rarely have all those mental illnesses like whites have. Most medications they are developing are for most WHITE MEN; not any other races, not even for white women..they have most of these problems not other races esp blacks don't need all those meds.

5. Very Intelligent. But this is where whites got you!!!!! You have been BRAINWASHED in THINKING you are NOT smart. They grade you lower than your whites conterparts, criticize your skills and abilities to learn, they tell you are NOT quite good enough. This LIE has slowed you down because the other characteristics they can't take from you

Now put yourself in the white man's shoes. If a Black man/woman already has ALL of these attributes, that would be a DANGEROUS person to reckon with, wouldn't you think????? The ONLY thing they have on you is making you think you are dumb; that's it. I was watching a program where a young white man said that they were AFRAID that blacks would do to THEM what they had done to the blacks. KEYWORD is AFRAID, they are afraid of you. I even heard an elderly white woman say a similar statement many years ago...THEY ARE AFRAID OF YOU. There you have it... I'm done.
Great post, and this is the point Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is trying to make. The white man and the government is afraid of our potential. They are afraid of what black women and men and can do. So they do brainwash us and make us complacent. Did anyone of you know that the man who invented the device most of you are using to post on this message board, was a black man. Do you know that Asians are not the most successful immigrant group in the USA, but Nigerians are. Most AA are descendants of west africans. The reason why they are successful is because they are not brainwashed by white folks. Yet you fail to hear this because the media portrays them as scammers. People there is more to what you hear and everything isn't always what they seem to be.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,976,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am getting sick of everything framed in the face of race and I just don't care anymore.

You want the truth? Very few can handle the truth but here it is.

Maybe it is because there are so few qualified applicants?

The Bell Curve - Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life
I do NOT believe that is the truth.

I am white, but I think the extrapolations of this bogus theory of "the Bell Curve" is quite frankly racist.

You know things like I.Q. scores and S.A.T. scores can be culturally biased; they can not be used to brand one race as being superior to another race.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,976,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
As I mentioned on a thread in another forum, the reason why some companies are now hesitant to hire blacks is because they know that they run the risk of facing a discrimination lawsuit if the have to fire that black employee even though no discrimination took place.

In other words companies are tired of settling $ every time a black employee claims racism.

Black Unemployment: Highest in 27 Years!
From my personal experience companies have had to pay out a lot more $ in settling sexual harassment lawsuits filed by female employees than any other kind of discrimination lawsuits. I would like to see the actual number of lawsuits filed by African Americans based on race discrimination in employment ... my guess is that the number is really quite low.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,558,584 times
Black men are royally screwed in the employment game, both the educated and the uneducated. The skilled and the unskilled. Black men are last on a long list of preferred candidates. The reasoning behind this makes no difference. The result is just the same. Companies don't want and don't have to hire large numbers of black men, or any in the case of some. The solution to this is if the majority of American Black men graduate from high school, college, and establish their own businesses. College education and Self-employment are key.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Black men are royally screwed in the employment game, both the educated and the uneducated. The skilled and the unskilled. Black men are last on a long list of preferred candidates. The reasoning behind this makes no difference. The result is just the same. Companies don't want and don't have to hire large numbers of black men, or any in the case of some. The solution to this is if the majority of American Black men graduate from high school, college, and establish their own businesses. College education and Self-employment are key.
FALSE, I'm a black college grad who was interviewed by two white guys for a radio job and was hired. I was also interviewed by a white girl for a radio position and was hired. So throw your ROYALLY SCREWED comment in the trash because it makes no sense.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,230,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoguePlayer99 View Post
Great post, and this is the point Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton is trying to make. The white man and the government is afraid of our potential. They are afraid of what black women and men and can do. So they do brainwash us and make us complacent. Did anyone of you know that the man who invented the device most of you are using to post on this message board, was a black man. Do you know that Asians are not the most successful immigrant group in the USA, but Nigerians are. Most AA are descendants of west africans. The reason why they are successful is because they are not brainwashed by white folks. Yet you fail to hear this because the media portrays them as scammers. People there is more to what you hear and everything isn't always what they seem to be.
It's up to blacks to reverse the brainwashing, then. It's not going to be done by anybody else. How that can be achieved I don't know. I was raised with a bit of brainwashing in my family. I heard all my life that women don't have minds for the technical, maths, or science. By the time I got to HS I was convinced that it simply wasn't in my nature to excel in the sciences. Fortunately, I pushed through any way.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,716,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
A good example of this is the drugs passed by the FDA which supposedly require extensive research and developement before approval and several years later taken off the market because it injuried or diseased 1 million people. That is from POOR research techniques OR they are trying to kill people off.
Completely off topic. But it is obvious you know nothing about pharmaceutical research.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,230,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Completely off topic. But it is obvious you know nothing about pharmaceutical research.
We're out to get you and your little dog too!!! *sinister laugh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.