Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughbay View Post
Lol, Parried seriously now - I live like an hour away from you. I've got in-laws in Plaistow that I have to visit this weekend. If you want I will seriously meet you at a D&D or something and try to get things rolling. I had at least two businesses within an hour from you that offered me an apprenticeship recently. Maybe we can see what can be done. PM me if you're interested because I'm serious....
Mind telling me what D&D is? Within an hour from me? That'd be nice if I had a car to drive, and money to pay for the insurance and $4 a gallon gas. NO, I'm not making "excuses" here so just hold off on the bickering. Give me more information but I'd prefer it in private.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
I sent you a link to your local bus service in the other thread you frequent. I assume d&d is Dunkin donuts.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
If they were desperate I don't think they'd be saying 'We want an experienced person'.
It's called desperate but we to make a profit on the hire immediately vs gaining it at least a year or two later like it does through traditional training. Also as others mentioned, it is a "like to have" that they will use as qualifiers but they may go under if there is enough of a reason to hire them.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Why would we be mad at a system that seems to work fine for everyone but you?
Parried isn't the only one complaining. Parried is just consistent about his complaints which apparently turned it into whining. Even though there may or may not be shreds of truth in it.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
If I were an employer, and could hire an experienced worker over someone with no experience, that's what I would be doing. It's called "getting more for your money". When you go to the grocery store, do you gravitate towards the most expensive options to satisfy your shopping list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Parried isn't the only one complaining. Parried is just consistent about his complaints which apparently turned it into whining. Even though there may or may not be shreds of truth in it.
He's just the most vocal whiner. I'm afraid that he's going to lose it one day and take it out on society. We already know how irrational his thought process is. Every problem he confronts is caused by the world, no questions asked. The last thing we need is another mass shooting in this country, but he's a ticking time bomb. Somebody better find him a McJob, and quick...

Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Seems to be some serious online bullying toward one person here. Do you folks realize what you are doing? Seems like more and more people are taking jabs. Don't bully, even if you see others doing it.
The issue is Parried does have some points but because he "Pete and Repeats" them on a bunch of different threads (and even within the same thread) it becomes a problem. I agree there is truth in what Parried types but the annoyance is the repeating comments.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If I were an employer, and could hire an experienced worker over someone with no experience, that's what I would be doing. It's called "getting more for your money". When you go to the grocery store, do you gravitate towards the most expensive options to satisfy your shopping list?
It depends on the cost. If I spend more on wages for the experienced worker (because they want the high end) over the wages AND training for the inexperienced worker, you should take the inexperienced. It's like me, I get Walmart soda over brandnames. Why, because I can't tell the difference and they are much cheaper. It's hard to know which option is truly the deal. Not all bargains are truly bargains. Just look at dollar store steak...

Old 09-20-2013, 05:32 AM

Hughbay hasn't responded to me so I guess it wasn't true after all.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:09 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
Hughbay hasn't responded to me so I guess it wasn't true after all.
Or maybe he has a life that doesn't revolve around city data.

You never answered why you couldn't go to a trade or technicak school. Heck you could walk into a shop and ask them to train your FOR FREE. You learn to do the job. You show them youre reliable. And they don't pay you till you learn.

What do you have to lose? Youre not working or doing anything better with your time. Plus in the event they don't want to bring you on to work there you learned new skills and got references..

What's yoyr excuse not to do that? You have something better to do with your time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-20-2013, 06:11 AM

Well, I'm just letting the 'Nelson's' know he hasn't responded to me about any so called apprenticeship that's an hour away from me.

I can't just walk into a company and expect them to train me for free or do anything. Things have never worked liked that, especially in this economy, do you think a young guy with a GED is going to get a chance like that in any shops? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
I hope he messages you, because my heart goes out to him. Hopelessness, pessimism and depression eat at the soul and are nearly impossible to shake without some real help. Parried please take Hughbay up up on his offer, this could be the break you need.
He hasn't responded. I'm beginning to think it's not true.

Last edited by parried; 09-20-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment