Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
The plumbing one in Billerica is the same one I posted. It says 3-5 years of experience. Go BACK to the drawing board.
Ah excuses excuses..

How about this one? https://johnsoncontrols.taleo.net/ca...0&src=JB-13140

What's your excuse?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:41 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,411,237 times
Well, the Npower ad says you need a 2 year diesel certificate. Whatever the heck that is. The johnsoncontrols in Lynnfield seems alright, even though they clearly want you to have prior HVAC knowledge. I know for a fact no matter what I do I am going to be lectured about having a GED instead of a high school diploma by some conservative blockhead that says nobody in america wants to work, but I've accepted that.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Apprenticeships don't pay a living wage. That's why there's a shortage of skilled blue collar workers, they can't afford to get training.
I think that is a trend in America. More and more industries are starting to take away training or making it easy for people to gain experience. Glad to see I am not the only one who is noticing it. Hopefully I wont get flamed for speaking the truth...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:47 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens when the folks dominating the trades retire or die off. Would companies rather go out of business then provide training? I mean, you can only play so hard to get for so long right? Excuse me if I'm too alienated to understand the inner workings of big business.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,190 times
Quote:
Well, the Npower ad says you need a 2 year diesel certificate. Whatever the heck that is. The johnsoncontrols in Lynnfield seems alright, even though they clearly want you to have prior HVAC knowledge. I know for a fact no matter what I do I am going to be lectured about having a GED instead of a high school diploma by some conservative blockhead that says nobody in america wants to work, but I've accepted that.
Wrong again. IBEW clearly states GED is totally acceptable. I know 3 people off the top of my head that went that route.

That right there is where you need an attitude adjustment.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Good luck in life. Pretty soon, you'll end up on the streets.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 5,034 times
Jobs are out there, you just have to know how to be resourceful and show your uniqueness in a field of other job applicants vying for the same position. I have a pretty decent job telecommuting from home, but recently began to train myself in web design and programming to make even more money. In addition, I am now taking learning a third language seriously to give myself an extra umph to apply for the positions I desire. Staying positive, educating yourself, and being creative in finding awesome opportunities will land just about anyone a job in no time.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Wrong again. IBEW clearly states GED is totally acceptable. I know 3 people off the top of my head that went that route.

That right there is where you need an attitude adjustment.
I meant job interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieTheGirl View Post
Jobs are out there, you just have to know how to be resourceful and show your uniqueness in a field of other job applicants vying for the same position.
How does that work to get a job at a grocery store? Bugging the manager every day?

Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,190 times
You won't get an interview. You're too busy whining to try.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I meant job interviews.

How does that work to get a job at a grocery store? Bugging the manager every day?
You should throw your poop at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment