Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,185 times

Advertisements

LAWN TECHNICIAN

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
So what job on here do YOU think I'd have a shot at getting? The warehouse one requires a year of experience so I can't apply to that.

boston all jobs classifieds "haverhill" - craigslist
My god, you're really thick.

LAWN TECHNICIAN

4th one down, this part is verbatim from the ad:

Quote:
We are willing
to fully train inexperienced applicants. Job is 40 hours per week.
Like I said. You haven't been trying.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
You don't understand what an apprentiship is, obviously. And it's not a generation that gets resented, it's whiny attitudes like yours.
But many people on C-D paint the entire generation with the same brush as those who complain about parried's "whining." To me sometimes he is whining but there is some truth to what he posts but it gets lost in what is considered whining by some and other posts he makes that are truly off base.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
My god, you're really thick.
This poster has a natural ability to irritate and annoy. They actually went to a job interview and got into a discussion about how people his age can't find jobs and how unfair things are. And they wonder why nobody hires him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But many people on C-D paint the entire generation with the same brush as those who complain about parried's "whining." To me sometimes he is whining but there is some truth to what he posts but it gets lost in what is considered whining by some and other posts he makes that are truly off base.
There's truth to what many people say. Sometimes though, they attach their own agenda to a truth as if they are one in the same. Yes, many young folks are having a difficult time in this day and age. But then this poster goes on to claim that business owners are in the wrong for not hiring him and not training him for jobs he's unqualified for. He's done nothing to make himself more qualified for jobs, and expects employers to roll out the red carpet, investing thousands to make him a productive worker.

At some point, you have to read past whatever truths you are seeing and look at the whole picture.

And there is no reason for him to insert is qualms in every topic on this forum. How many times do posters need to hear about his unfortunate situation?

Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,190 times
Found about 4 more on the first page.

You sure you actually wanted to prove how poor your job search skills are?

Last edited by EzPeterson; 09-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Z

Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Found about 4 more on the first page.

You sure you actually wanted to prove how poor your job search skills are?
Careful, he might label you a big, bad, conservative meanie pants

Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There's truth to what many people say. Sometimes though, they attach their own agenda to a truth as if they are one in the same. Yes, many young folks are having a difficult time in this day and age. But then this poster goes on to claim that business owners are in the wrong for not hiring him and not training him for jobs he's unqualified for. He's done nothing to make himself more qualified for jobs, and expects employers to roll out the red carpet, investing thousands to make him a productive worker.

At some point, you have to read past whatever truths you are seeing and look at the whole picture.

And there is no reason for him to insert is qualms in every topic on this forum. How many times do posters need to hear about his unfortunate situation?
No I agree, there are many posts parried makes that he is annoying on and he keeps on saying the same thing. I am sure some of my posts are whining as well. The issue is weneed to decypher if it is genuine post or just another case of pushing their agenda. Parried it is had to gain a hold where the posts should be taken. I really feel sorry for him but I agree it is nuts out there for all of us out there that are young whether it is college graduates or high school grads. People in the trades are doing somewhat better though.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:40 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
So what job on here do YOU think I'd have a shot at getting? The warehouse one requires a year of experience so I can't apply to that.

boston all jobs classifieds "haverhill" - craigslist
Why cant you apply to that? Maybe they are desperate. I apply and have got jobs where I didn't meet the required experience. What do you have to lose by applying. Worse case scenario you don't get the job and continue crying.

My very 1st construction job was in a yard of about 1000 employees. I was fresh out of tech school. They required 3 yrs experience that I didn't have. I lied. Yes, it was wrong, but I would rather lie than be jobless. Worse case scenario they find out and I'm jobless again.

I got hired on at $19.50/hr. My boss immediately could tell I could perform the work but lacked the field experience. I was a hard worker as well. Within 2 years I moved into a supervisory position. I left after 3 an last year made double what I was making wjen I started there and this year ill make about 30k more than last year.

I didnt constantly whine and make excuses. I hold myself at fault for my actions. I don't blame others and do things myself.

You will never succeed simply because your attitude. I suggest you get about 5 positive thinking/success books and read them cover to cover several times. You're not working, you have the time..

Start with "7 habits for highly successful people" and "the travelers gift"

Youre welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,411,237 times
If they were desperate I don't think they'd be saying 'We want an experienced person'.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:41 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,027 times
Parried, why are you so insistent that attitude isn't a problem?

Have you tried looking at it from a hiring manager's side? Meaning, who would I want to bring in here to get the job done that will work hard, not be a problem child (meaning no whining!)? You really do have to repackage yourself sometimes. I think that you don't quite get that many people who are "lucky" to have work put a heck of a lot of effort into creating a candidate that an employer wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment