Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
No. You are not thinking realistically. You're thinking that they even look at that box on your application.
Try not to get too involved with this poster. Others have invested countless hours counseling this one to no avail. You might as well find the nearest brick wall and proceed to smash your head into it repeatedly.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,411,237 times
When it all comes down to it that is the major problem I'm having. I get no call after submitting an application. That's actually the first thing I talked about when I first started posting here in 2011.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
So why do I never get a call after submitting the app then? I'll work any hours, any shifts, any days. Most of the time I'm stuck with the online crap. Since you claim to have all the answers, answer that. Can't can ya?
As I've told you before.

1. You live in some crazy depressed area where everyone knows who you are and your issues and refuse to hire you. Only choice is to move.

2. You have no idea how to fill out an application and are seriously screwing it up.

3. You're full of it.

Pick one.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
When it all comes down to it that is the major problem I'm having. I get no call after submitting an application. That's actually the first thing I talked about when I first started posting here in 2011.
That's absolutely your fault for expecting a call back. You think McDonalds has the time to call back hundreds of candidates because their precious little feelings might get hurt? People have been over this topic time and time again with you, and yet you still continue to bring it up. The primary goal of any business is to make money. It would be a huge waste of time and money to sit and call hundreds of people back just to inform them that they didn't get the job.

What exactly do you not understand about this? Your problem is not that people aren't calling you back. The problem is that nobody wants to hire you. Focus on the real problem, and what you can do to change this.

And way to go hijacking yet another thread with your pity party nonsense. It's a shame that that appears to be your one and only talent.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,185 times
Quote:
So why do I never get a call after submitting the app then? I'll work any hours, any shifts, any days. Most of the time I'm stuck with the online crap. Since you claim to have all the answers, answer that. Can't can ya?
Simple. Every one hates you and is conspiring against you to deny you a life.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 PM

I'm convinced that most of the places I'm applying to are corrupt. I do see ads posted quite frequently, so it's not like there's no jobs at all. Could have nothing to do with me, maybe they just aren't noticing my application. Why though, if they are supposedly hiring....

Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I'm convinced that most of the places I'm applying to are corrupt. I do see ads posted quite frequently, so it's not like there's no jobs at all. Could have nothing to do with me, maybe they just aren't noticing my application. Why though, if they are supposedly hiring....
If I were offering a job, based on everything you have stated here, I would toss your app in the trash as well.

Major entitlement attitude.

Huge whiner.

Shows no initiative.

Probably would destroy moral in the workplace.

Would make countless excuses. Everything from why you can't do a certain job to why problems occur.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,185 times
Quote:
I feel you dude. Bring it in.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 PM

So what job on here do YOU think I'd have a shot at getting? The warehouse one requires a year of experience so I can't apply to that.

boston all jobs classifieds "haverhill" - craigslist

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
So what job on here do YOU think I'd have a shot at getting? The warehouse one requires a year of experience so I can't apply to that.

boston all jobs classifieds "haverhill" - craigslist
None of them. Instead of applying for them, you will simply whine on CD 7 hours a day and watch youtube videos of other whiny kids bashing business owners. If you were even slightly motivated (which you are not) you would probably be organizing the next occupy rally in your location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment