Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Lol, NO!!! Please don't generalize like that as your statement is patently untrue.
Sorry, I must have been high when I posted that. Stoners do silly things when they are high. Like getting high right before a drug test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 11:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually not true. A frequent user would be well aware of drug testing possibilities and abstain (or use one of the methods as the powdered urine and just take a chance). It is a newbie who would eat the brownie and have it never cross her mind that her new job might require a drug test. Because a newbies mind would be on drug testing at all since it was never something she gave a second thought to, while a frequent user would think of it the second they knew they wanted to look for a new job.
lol Is that why frequent users fail drug tests often? Because someone is a newbie they wont know if you digest weed it will show up on a drug test? Or is it more likely a frequent user can't stop?

Anything is possible, but if someone smoked or digested weed right before a drug test I'd lean towards frequent user or at a minimum that person has the same burner mentality.
Strange that she didn't know there was a drug test for the job. She probably was high when it was mentioned and forgot.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:43 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
If she gets challenged, she should just say, "I decided to try marijuana brownies days before my drug test. I'm not a user, but my sister came and it was a special occasion. I figured, What are the chances of it showing up? It was like 1 dose brownie."
The personnel person could add, "Wow, you are one Executive Class Genius, aren't you! Let's make you undersecretary to the CEO, for starters!"

Old 07-18-2018, 12:41 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,575,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
Disagree!

A " newbie" would wonder why MJ was even put into brownies.
You would have to live under a rock not to have heard of MJ brownies before.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:50 PM

643 posts, read 329,922 times
Quote:
You would have to live under a rock not to have heard of MJ brownies before.
In my social circle we don't serve /consume MJ brownies.
( not even on special occasions

However, if we were frequent users, we most likely would.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sorry, I must have been high when I posted that. Stoners do silly things when they are high. Like getting high right before a drug test.
Again no. Stoners do NOT all do silly things when high. You are saying that everyone that partakes of mj behaves in the same way. That is a broad generalization. People's decision making abilities are greatly individualized, and vary person to person. Some people will do stupid things without thinking no matter what. They can be stone cold sober, and still behave that way. And some people are intelligent, and think things through first. And some are a mixture of the two.

There are plenty of folks who use mj who are professional people, in all fields of endeavor. And a great many working class, blue collar folks as well as white collar, retired, and small business owners. You might be very surprised at who does use it responsibly with no issues. And then there are the low life criminals, gang bangers, etc. You must be thinking of them. They are the ones that make chronically poor choices. The rest of us make mistakes, and then learn from them changing our behavior. Yes, she made a mistake, just like we all make mistakes. But I bet she won't do that one again.

In addition alcohol is the main substance that lowers inhibitions, not weed. The inhibition lowering ability of alcohol is well known. Btw, I love my country too, and am an independent conservative. Not everyone who is for legalization is a liberal. But we do agree on this one topic . And joining forces is the reason more, and more states are legalizing it. The myths are dissolving as the truth is taught.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
In my social circle we don't serve /consume MJ brownies.
( not even on special occasions

However, if we were frequent users, we most likely would.
You don't have to eat them to have heard of them. They are in the common vernacular.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
The personnel person could add, "Wow, you are one Executive Class Genius, aren't you! Let's make you undersecretary to the CEO, for starters!"
I guess you didn't recognize the sarcasm that was plainly evident in the post you were responding to.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Is that why frequent users fail drug tests often? Because someone is a newbie they wont know if you digest weed it will show up on a drug test? Or is it more likely a frequent user can't stop?

Anything is possible, but if someone smoked or digested weed right before a drug test I'd lean towards frequent user or at a minimum that person has the same burner mentality.
Strange that she didn't know there was a drug test for the job. She probably was high when it was mentioned and forgot.
Or the drug test wasn't mentioned till later when they called with the job offer. Many jobs do not test. All driving jobs do, as an example.

Failing a UA has more to do with how long it stays in your system than anything else. Having a positive UA doesn't mean you are high when you took the test. It only means that the mj metabolites are being metabolized, and excreted from past use. It doesn't even have to be recent. As more states legalize it this will gradually be looked for less often. It's really a non issue. But certain segments like LE, and the private prison system still want to make money from it. Canada has legalized it across their nation, and is leading the way. The feds will follow suit eventually. It used to be legal, and it will be legal again.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Or the drug test wasn't mentioned till later when they called with the job offer. Many jobs do not test. All driving jobs do, as an example.

Failing a UA has more to do with how long it stays in your system than anything else. Having a positive UA doesn't mean you are high when you took the test. It only means that the mj metabolites are being metabolized, and excreted from past use. It doesn't even have to be recent. As more states legalize it this will gradually be looked for less often. It's really a non issue. But certain segments like LE, and the private prison system still want to make money from it. Canada has legalized it across their nation, and is leading the way. The feds will follow suit eventually. It used to be legal, and it will be legal again.
That is exactly what I was thinking, and why I said someone who rarely used might not even have thought about a drug test at the time. It probably never occurred to her until they called, after the fact. I think some people assume all jobs drug test. It hardly matters now anyway, as OP turned out to be a flake who only paid attention to the negative people and ignored those who tried to help, and the thread has now been taken over by those who just come to mock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment