Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post

As far as your question, stick to small businesses. Most of them are ran by old school guys who feel like you do.
Exactly. Don't try getting a job with a business that is subject to public accommodation laws. We just had an idiot clerk up here in upstate NY try to pull a Kim Davis - well, NY State has laws that specifically prohibit any business or entity that serves the general public from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
My only issue is the fact most of them go out of their way to broadcast to the world their status. Coming out of the closet... whatever...

Thing is though... nobody cares. Live your life however you want... just remember it's business at work and that's it.
Gee.... and heteros haven't been doing that for years. Whee.... we're in a relationship!!!!!! ~ Yeah, you are two people who, more often than not, have no idea how truly miserable you are about to make each other. It's just a question of how long until that happens.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
No, no, no, I wouldn't do it on the job unless they made me sign a paper saying I was a LGBT ally or something or if they made me call a him a "her" or a her a "him" (the gender pronoun thing).

The Purchasing Manager where I work is a lesbian. She is either married or in a LTR with a woman who lives with her. We all know about it and the company president, who is a registered Republican who gets political mail at this address all the time, is cool with it.

If we hired anyone who started running their mouth about LGBT people, they would find themselves out the door very quickly. Sometimes being an at-will employer is better, when you hire people who turn out to be idiots.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
When dudes push back so much against LGBT it usually means they are revulsed by their own homosexual feelings. Learn to accept yourself MongooseHugger, it is OK, just don't go bare-back.

That's what Boy George says. People like that are actually closeted, and full of self-loathing as a result.

I mean, to hear these Conservatives talk, they are the ones who are obsessed with sex - who's doing it, and how they do it, gay and straight people both. I think they are just jealous.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I'm on an online wikia where I'm an admin and two of my co-admins are bi. Also, in college, I had a guy in our hall who was gay. In all three cases, we got along fine.
So then what is the big deal?????

How about just accepting people AS THEY ARE, AS YOU FIND THEM?

When I meet straight people who I know are married/in relationships, I don't immediately start thinking about their sexual bedroom habits. I don't care, just like I don't care about what gay people do in bed either. But people with your mindset are obsessed with that part of the relationship. Maybe you ought to ask yourself why.

2 weeks ago I went to see Boy George and Culture Club in concert. Trust me, that last thing on the minds of anyone in that crowd is what George and drummer Jon Moss used to do in bed when they were in a relationship during the band's initial hey day. We were having too much damn fun watching one of the top entertainers and one of the top bands in the business perform.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Wrong. I'm on an online wikia where I'm an admin and two of my co-admins are bi. Also, in college, I had a guy in our hall who was gay. In all three cases, we got along fine.

So you must have kept your opinions to yourself. Keep doing that and you'll be fine. The only turmoil you'll cause will be inside you, where it belongs. Then maybe someday you'll stop doing it to yourself too.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:14 PM

326 posts, read 199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
My only issue is the fact most of them go out of their way to broadcast to the world their status. Coming out of the closet... whatever...

Thing is though... nobody cares. Live your life however you want... just remember it's business at work and that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Depends what you mean by that. I have a coworker who refers to his husband. Is that going out of the way to broadcast? Do you think it inappropriate for him to bring his husband to the office holiday party?
I could care less if your gay coworker brings his husband to the office party. I'd bring my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Gee.... and heteros haven't been doing that for years. Whee.... we're in a relationship!!!!!! ~ Yeah, you are two people who, more often than not, have no idea how truly miserable you are about to make each other. It's just a question of how long until that happens.

Eh...no. I never have... and I'm a straight male who's had girlfriends or a wife for about 25 years now. I just don't feel to need to let the world know my sexual preference... unlike gays who like to get up on stage like Tim Cook and say "hey, look at me! I'm gay."

Good for you Tim... nobody cares. (Ok, well, I can't speak for everyone... but I certainly don't... just like I don't expect anyone to care about my sexual preference.)

Anyway... that's my 2 cents... not really interested in a big debate about gays. Nothing else to see here.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:24 PM

579 posts, read 368,569 times
Gays wouldn't have a coming out party if it weren't for people like the OP who appear to have a personal need to know this information.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:06 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Enjoy the 18th century.
Actually - the 18th century was known as the Age of Reason, and saw great gains for freedom and democracy.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:33 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Actually - the 18th century was known as the Age of Reason, and saw great gains for freedom and democracy.

And before that, the end of witch burning. Sounds reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment