Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 09:33 PM

557 posts, read 673,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Please details....... not a general talking point! pvt message me with the 'plan' and in the interest of International stability I will see it through. Don't worry, the plan will be completely classified and will not fall victims to Assange's minions....
I'm not surprised by your sarcasm. That's the expected response from someone who has no leg to stand on.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
First we must acknowledge that Anti-Americanism is a real problem via education.

Secondly, we must teach that it's ok to constructively criticize the US on legitimate missteps. But not ok to randomly destructively criticize.
What do you mean by that first statement? Are you speaking about Americans who are anti-American? I have said it several times let me repeat. We have that right. That right is to speak forcefully when a politician or a group is seeking to curtail our rights. If you are speaking to those people then you are talking about limiting their right to free speech no matter how strong it may be. As long as one doesn't yell fire in a crowed place they may say what they wish. If you or I don't like what, for example, Chielgirl has to say too bad. She is an American and she has the right to say whatrvrt she pleases just because someone doesn't agree with her she doesn't have to be forced to shut up. If anything that would be anti-American in itself because it goes against the principles of free speech and the nation is founded on that. If your idea is to teach people what NOT to say you are promoting censorship and that is also un-American. We do teach constructive criticism in our schools. You learn it especially in debate courses if you take them. So what you propose is more like tyranny than it is like anything "American". As far as I am concerned, having worn the uniform for this country at a not so great period in our history I have the right now to speak my mind and I don't care if some people don't like what I have to say. I didn't agree with a lot that was said when I was in the military but I learned that I had the obligation to defend the rights of even those Americans that I didn't agree with.

As far as those non-Americans go they may also say what they want. We badmouth a lot of people and call them despicable names (r*****d, etc). You want to educate them? That's impossible. You can't force your ideas on other Americans let alone people of other nations. We tried that just recently and all it does is give them reason to dislike us. So just what do you mean and what do you intend with the post I am quoting here because right now, without a reasonable explanation, it sounds very un-American. As a matter of fact, as I see it, you are bordering on forms of thought that we have traditionally fought against. So can you explain what you mean before we all go away with the wrong impression?

Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,887,502 times
I'll give you that - the cable made reference of it and they got it all wrong. Whoever wrote it needs to get a life and i'll stick by that lol!

Quote:
You asked me:

Therefore:

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 PM

I stand by everything i've said in here. The only thing i'll give you is that cable with the inferiority complex statement in the brief to Obama and even with that I find it overly simplistic and generalized. Most of the cable was actually quite complimentary to Canada/US relations. I also find The State Dept has an unhealthy obsession with CBC imo..actually I think more people from the State Dept watch the CBC than Canadians lol...save for their documentaries the homegrown shows are BORING...

Quote:
I'm not surprised by your sarcasm. That's the expected response from someone who has no leg to stand on.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 PM

I agree with this - I even said to DrNob le that its like a boss who wants to force his employees to love him - you can't do it. Having said that, he is totally SENSATIONALIZING Anti-Americanism abroad. Actually the most Anti Americanism i've seen exists in house amongst Americans in CD... just go to Politics and Controversies - A House Divided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post

As far as those non-Americans go they may also say what they want. We badmouth a lot of people and call them despicable names (r*****d, etc). You want to educate them? That's impossible. You can't force your ideas on other Americans let alone people of other nations. We tried that just recently and all it does is give them reason to dislike us. So just what do you mean and what do you intend with the post I am quoting here because right now, without a reasonable explanation, it sounds very un-American. As a matter of fact, as I see it, you are bordering on forms of thought that we have traditionally fought against. So can you explain what you mean before we all go away with the wrong impression?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Politics and Controversies - A House Divided!
Yeah..a NUT house divided. If that group was running the country they'd be speaking Arabic at city hall in Kansas City.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Facts are only funny for the ignorant.

You have yet to provide sources to backup your claims of 1 million+ innocent killed.
After you show my your "facts" that the US admits to all of its mistakes.
School of the Americas anyone?

I've posted ad naseum links to 100k Iraqis dead.
Go search my posting history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
"If the US is so irrelevant, why is there so much world attention paid to the United States and little to none paid to The Netherlands?"

Hmmmmmm, let me think! Population? prominence? might? nukes? in a war? Take your pick.
I pay attention to the Netherlands.
I'm going there for a week next month.

The US is notorious, this is true.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
I never said I was the truth, but that won't stop you from trying to distract and put words in my mouth.
Yet in your post to me, you said it equaled the truth, hence you're saying it's true.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/28787807-post239.html
Why is it cool to bash Americans ?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/28791753-post253.html

Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Why are you and many others here desperately fighting to dismiss Anti-Americanism? It's a fact of our world no matter how much you try to ignore it.

I never said City Data represents Americana, even though it does. City-Data, the iPhone, etc are signs of American influence.
Now he's posted the same boring youtube (instead of actual facts) 7 times.
If he keeps this up, I'll never get to Salzburg without more coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Gosh, you seem SO insecure, it's as if your entire self-esteem depends upon knowing that US is the greatest, most awesome, most important, most relevant country ever, lol.
But, but the US is No. 1:
Teen births
Ratio of employer salaries over employees
Infant mortality (in a developed world)
Breast cancer (in a developed world)
Cost of healthcare
In results for costs of healthcare, much lower
Spending on the military, we're no. 1 - 19

Heck, just check this: http://www.nationmaster.com/index.php

Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 AM

370 posts, read 951,230 times
Antiamericanism is out of fashion, confined to egghead "progressives" and decrepit "gauche divine" parasites. Antiamericanism lost force in the same measure that the USSR rot way and the US lost drive.
Antiamericanism nowdays sounds very redneckish in Europe, just as anticlericalism. The utterance of some country yokel that wants to appear as "modern", but he doesn't know that he's out of sync.
Canadians and Americans are the Nº1 Bashers in Europe, I mean, most Americans around here are a reincarnation of ancient Vietnam protesters, far left liberals that want to appear as European bashing their own country...and all of them are democrats...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World