Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 12:09 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why is it "funny"? Maybe he doesn't like cold places. A lot of people don't like places where you have four months of sub-zero temperature.

Those "lists" are almost meaningless. It only shows that those experts strongly prefer English and German spoken countries. I fail to see how a boring city like Calgary with dreadful weather, a dead downtown and bad transit can be one of the top 5 livable cities in the entire world. I can name 20 that are way better.

I agree...these list are highly subjective and questionable on many aspects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Canada and Australia give you the good stuff the USA has but with universal health care and more rights for workers and far less violent crime.
...except that they don't offer all the good stuff that the US has (especially Canada)...they have similar aspects but they are not the same.....

Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
It's irrelevant if you like all of those lists or not, it doesn't change the fact that Canada is seen as one of the best countries in the world to live in, over and over and over again!
.......so is Sweden or Icealand, but they are not as attractive to actually move and live there

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Canada is too cold, if you're someone who has constant health problems from cold weather, Canada isn't gonna be too fun. Australia yeah, it has even better climate than the US, but I think its immigration rules are too stringent

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
It's irrelevant if you like all of those lists or not, it doesn't change the fact that Canada is seen as one of the best countries in the world to live in, over and over and over again!
It's subjective. From the point of view of most Americans, Canada is a nice country but kind of invisible and cold.

It feels like the state of Montana sums up what most of English-speaking Canada is like.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Canada is too cold, if you're someone who has constant health problems from cold weather, Canada isn't gonna be too fun. Australia yeah, it has even better climate than the US, but I think its immigration rules are too stringent
Canada has always been much easier to immigrate than Australia or the US (talking about legal immigration) and I believe that has, among other things, something to do with desirability....it is simply less desirable than the other two.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Yeah I wouldnt wanna live in Canada personally. Cold weather is the number one reason, in a cold climate it's an endless parade of flus and colds for me. Also I love traveling and Canada is a pretty horrible spot to live for a traveler with the ridiculous air travel costs there

Old 12-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah I wouldnt wanna live in Canada personally. Cold weather is the number one reason, in a cold climate it's an endless parade of flus and colds for me. Also I love traveling and Canada is a pretty horrible spot to live for a traveler with the ridiculous air travel costs there

Nobody beats Europe for cheap air travel at the moment....I hear what my friends pay to fly over there and it is crazy...and I live in the US!!!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's subjective. From the point of view of most Americans, Canada is a nice country but kind of invisible and cold.

It feels like the state of Montana sums up what most of English-speaking Canada is like.
As you know, that perception is wrong.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
...and yet NY where you info says you are living?...is colder than where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World