Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 AM

48 posts, read 179,860 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of vegetarian,middle eastern and indian restaurants in Fort Mill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdesert View Post
Does anyone know of vegetarian,middle eastern and indian restaurants in Fort Mill?
There used to be an awesome vegeterian restaurant just outside of Fort Mill on 160. You won't find any of the above in Fort Mill, however, there is an Indian place on Old Lancaster Hwy and several Indian/Middle easter/Turkish places in Pineville along hwy 51.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:00 AM

48 posts, read 179,860 times
I guess I will have to keep making my own hummus.... babaganoush....tabouleh...I was so hoping i could grab a falafel sandwich for lunch....while dh is working!

Thanks groove, i will look into hwy 51

Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrygal View Post
I have ordered from Farley's Pizza many times, but recently they have gotten the order COMPLETELY wrong. I do not recommend having anything delivered as you will probably not get the correct order. The manager will ask you if you want a credit to accept the order as is or have them redeliver the correct order. Well, the order, when it was redelivered, was still incorrect. This has happened more than once. If you order from them, Good Luck.
We are a little outside of their delivery area, so I have always picked up from there and it's always been correct.

Also, I tried Bamboo 7 (their recenty grade is a 95) and it was very good. I placed an order in the restaurant (which is very small) and the people were friendly. We took the food home and it was very good, though the portions were not "huge", the quality was good.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Despite the ho-hum reviews on this thread, we decided to try Papa Pino's for the first time tonight and use our $25 Restaurant.com coupon. Well, since I guess our expectations were so low, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the service was not bad, and both our veal piccata and veal parmigiana were not reheats from the prior night, and actually very good. I don't know if it made a difference that the daughter of the owner was our server (and that my son told her he's friends with his sister!), but we were well taken cared of. Only once did she miss a lemonade refill for my son's girl friend but her glass was hidden from view. The servings were generous and we had left over pizza, spaghetti sides and garlic bread (which was to die for!). I thought I'd never have better garlic bread than from Lena's in Hartford, but this one did not disappoint. We brought home cannoli, wedding cake and tiramisu for dessert but we're waiting for our waistlines to subside before we pile in more calories! I'd say we'd go there again. Perhaps weekends are too busy so we'll try weekdays.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 AM

I just don't stop near Papa Pino's often, but maybe we will. We use restaurant.com too but fewer and fewer restaurants are participating.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Does anybody know what happened to Damon's Grill? We swung by yesterday but it was closed. There did not appear to be a sign that they were closed for business or just doing renovations.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:14 PM

Don't know how/why Damon's closed by they had quite a few sub-90 sanitation scores.

Has anyone been to the Station baar and Grill in front of the new Walmart in Tega Cay? I got a menu from there...place is really plain on the inside. Menu is somehwat similar to Towne Tavern but has a lot more entree options. I wouldnt try it for full price, but might go if I had a coupon or discount.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
It seems consistent that Liu Liu's is getting bad reviews for service and middle-of-the-road food quality. Someone should mention this to the owner next time they eat there, if they frequent the place.
We ate at Liu Liu's on Friday night and the service and food were great.
We love to go there and eat as it is nice to sit down and have a little conversation, glass of wine and order our food. We usually go there with friends and we are not in any hurry. So if the food took a while to get there I didn't notice but I did enjoy very much the food we received. I had terryiaki prawns and they were wonderful. My husband had the orange grouper and it was equally as good.

The owner is usually the cook and his wife is usually the hostess. They will make special menu items if what you want is not on the menu.

I guess you all can tell it is one of our favorite places to eat. Try it and if you are not happy do let the owners know as they would not want you to leave unhappy!

Good Eating,

Dunroven

Old 08-07-2008, 06:24 AM

225 posts, read 689,852 times
Default A couple of suggetsions....

Well here is my list of good places to eat.

Jim and Nick's Bar-be-que
13840 Steele Creek Road
Charlotte, NC
704-930-2290

This is actual BBQ, they actually smoke their meat in their in house smokers.
Cheese biscuits are absolutely incredible. Must try their baby back ribs.
Prices are very fair.

Captain Steve's
1975 Hwy 21 Bypass
Fort Mill, SC
803-547-2340

This place is great for seafood. Locals call it a fish camp. Prices are very reasonable and the food is fresh and very tasty.

Texas Roadhouse
9530 South Boulevard
Pineville, NC 28273
Phone: 704-557-9226

When it comes to affordable steakhouses, I don't think you get better value than this. Check out their web site:
Texas Roadhouse (broken link)

Longitude 81
971 Gold Hill Road
Fort Mill, SC 29708

A nice restaurant with a Caribbean flair. A two page menu with a variety of seafood, turf, chicken and desserts. The atmosphere is laid back, friendly and tropical. Also features an outdoor area.

Well, these are a few for now, I will be back with more places in the near future. Bonn appetite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties