Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM

42 posts, read 125,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Scroll down to the Sept 9 entry -

Alaskan Exposure

Is the bullet-ridden road sign the norm in Alaska or is this
an exaggeration? Note: I hope this does not spark another
boring and endless liberal vs conservative, gun control *** ***
thread.
So is this just an Alaska bash thread our what, if you click the Alaskan Exposure link there it is terrible, who wrote all of that anyways?
I guess the closer we get to the election the worse it's going to get, but it still aint gonna keep me from supporting HER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,708 times
No hostility here. I am just having fun.

Last edited by mongazid; 09-10-2008 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
No, not an "Alaska bash" thread. Not a political thread either, although I can see that the blog I quoted is provocative.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:31 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Question - as someone from Jersey -

WHY are there bullet holes in the street signs?

Seriously, I'm curious.
When you're drunk with a few friends, signs look like a God-given convenient target, betting is involved etc.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,105,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
When you're drunk with a few friends, signs look like a God-given convenient target, betting is involved etc.
Especially those particular signs that have an "i" in need of dotting

Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Yes darn near every sign in this state has a bullet hole in it. I think it sucks. I believe our taxes pay for them? And now there are morons out there, probably drunk, shooting at them. Why can't they shoot at other targets rather than risking hitting an innocent vehicle and possibly killing someone? I never hear of any vandals being caught doing this. But I think if any are caught their trigger fingers should be removed. Preferably in a car door or other dull impliment. It looks trashy seeing a shot up sign. And believe it or not there are some nice looking signs out there.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Why can't they shoot at other targets rather than risking hitting an innocent vehicle and possibly killing someone? I never hear of any vandals being caught doing this.
To say nothing of bullets ricocheting from the signs/poles in directions unintended.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Here's your sign.......

Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yes darn near every sign in this state has a bullet hole in it. I think it sucks. I believe our taxes pay for them? And now there are morons out there, probably drunk, shooting at them. Why can't they shoot at other targets rather than risking hitting an innocent vehicle and possibly killing someone? I never hear of any vandals being caught doing this. But I think if any are caught their trigger fingers should be removed. Preferably in a car door or other dull impliment. It looks trashy seeing a shot up sign. And believe it or not there are some nice looking signs out there.
>[their trigger fingers should be removed.]< I move that these brain dead morons be nailed to the shot up sign for a few months so other shooters could see that sign shooting is bad and could lead to just hanging out. Do I have a second?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
I've seen a few. Not only in Alaska, but S.Dakota, N.Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, N.Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Oklahoma...and I'm sure I am missing another state or two. People get bored, I suppose.
Any state where people have guns, you'll find Bubba and his buddies out seeing if they can hit a sign from a moving vehicle. Also signs are good to help set the sights on your deer rifle! I worked for the highway department in Kentucky. The further away from a town, the holier the sign!
That first sentence wasn't meant to sound like I was against guns. I just meant you won't find a state without signs being shot at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska