Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM

472 posts, read 810,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Since she quoted your argument with said person, I am pretty sure she is meaning the poster and your continuing argument with said poster, not your overall argument about UGA.
Well I was actually referring to the Athens student nightlife v Atlanta student nightlife debate, but I suppose either way I thank you both.

This was released October 28, 2012
Top Producers of U.S. Fulbright Students by Type of Institution, 2012-13 - Global - The Chronicle of Higher Education

In addition to the steller number of Rhode scholars, UGA ALSO boasts 13 full-bright scholars with 68 applicants. That's topping UofF, Emory, USC and Cornell.

Not bad for the drunk college town, huh?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,137,275 times
But they award a lot of Fulbright scholarships. Good but not very prestigious.

UGA does have one Marshall Scholar this year which is prestigious.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichloromethane View Post
By concerete wall do you mean Ant? Or my argument?
No your argument is fine...

Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM

663 posts, read 1,725,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Both schools' fight songs tell the other to go to hell. Doesn't anyone know the last line to "Glory, Glory to Ol' Georgia?"
No, most people don't. The last line is actually "G-E-O-R-G-I-A." I've never actually heard it sung that way though except at homecoming. "And to heck with [3-syllable school]" is generally how people sing it, but it's not Georgia's fight song. And it's usually not even Tech these days. Florida is a lot more common.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
No, most people don't. The last line is actually "G-E-O-R-G-I-A." I've never actually heard it sung that way though except at homecoming. "And to heck with [3-syllable school]" is generally how people sing it, but it's not Georgia's fight song. And it's usually not even Tech these days. Florida is a lot more common.
Well according to this, UGA is a uniter!

College Football's Battleground States - WSJ.com

Republican or democrat, UGA is number one
(all good fun. Don't get upset. I already told you all too many times, this is not about Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech does not matter to UGA, apart from attracting students for it's new Engineering College, which is mostly biological or environmental focused anyway.)

Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Bumping up this thread.

For substance:
UGA breaks ground for huge veterinary medicine hospital | Online Athens

Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,352,773 times
Georgia Tech almost catches Emory on MBA rankings. GT catching and surpassing Emory is only a matter of time given GT's Business School upward momentum. Scheller's $50 million gift to the GT business school will only help it continue to attract the state's top students.

The Complete 2012 Business Schools Ranking - Businessweek

Emory: 22nd
Georgia Tech: 23rd
UGA: 52nd

Georgia Tech in Forbes Top 10 for Best Graduate Starting Salaries
http://scheller.gatech.edu/news_room...ryranking.html

I thought UGA used to be proud of their business school? What happened to it that is so so average these days?

PS: UNC is #17 in the rankings. You keep comparing UGA to UNC, but here is another example of how far off UGA is from actually being in that league.

Last edited by gtcorndog; 11-15-2012 at 11:38 AM..

Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,778,524 times

Would rather put down UGA at any chance rather than being proud of their own state...

Its getting old. kinda sad to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Georgia Tech almost catches Emory on MBA rankings. GT catching and surpassing Emory is only a matter of time given GT's Business School upward momentum. Scheller's $50 million gift to the GT business school will only help it continue to attract the state's top students.

Georgia Tech in Forbes Top 10 for Best Graduate Starting Salaries | Georgia Tech - Scheller College of Business

I thought UGA used to be proud of their business school? What happened to it that is so so average these days?

PS: UNC is #17 in the rankings. You keep comparing UGA to UNC, but here is another example of how far off UGA is from actually being in that league.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post

Would rather put down UGA at any chance rather than being proud of their own state...

Its getting old. kinda sad to be honest.
The sad part was nobody was even mentioning business schools.

Please read my disclaimer gtcorndog. I explicitly stated that I wasn't pitting UGA against Georgia Tech - for the final time, there is no need for it. I highly recommend you read through this thread. I never said Georgia Tech's business school is worse, as a matter of fact, it is in fact better!

Anyways, thanks for the free bump! Finally a use for your substance-less hate.

Parents and students
Interested in study abroad? UGA is now ranked 12th in the nation for study abroad according to the newly released Open door 2012 - jumping up from 15th in 2011. The Oxford University campus, Costa Rica campus, Cortona campus and numerous affilate programs make UGA a prime school for anyone interested in international affairs, international business, geopolitics or public health.

2010-11 | Leading Institutions by Study Abroad Total | U.S. Study Abroad | Open Doors Data

UGA holds 12th spot on Open Doors 2012 study abroad list | UGA Today

I wasn't expecting so many students from Texas A&M and Michigan State to participate in study abroad. Personally, I think study abroad is a great option for students regardless of major.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,659,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post

Georgia Tech in Forbes Top 10 for Best Graduate Starting Salaries | Georgia Tech - Scheller College of Business

The Terry College of Business has some of the top programs in the nation:

Risk Management and Insurance - #2
Real Estate - #4
MIS - #10
Accounting - #10
Finance - #16

Doesn't sound average to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta