Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
CC, you are a good soul.

Would you mind PM'ing me your address so that the next time I'm over your way I will know I have a free parking space where I am welcome at all times? I promise I will only give it to select friends.
Haha, arjay, I'd be glad to. Just be careful when you park there, because I MIGHT just give you the address of another neighbor who hates when people park in front of their house, to teach them how to also have a good soul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I have wondered how the folks who live around Piedmont Park feel about it. Many times all the spaces in front of people's houses are filled up for several blocks away, often with cars that are not from Fulton county.
It's like that in Cabbagetown too, sometimes. The farther away the county tag, the more likely there is to be valuables left in plain view in their cars. I don't mind walking a block or two, but clueless visitors leaving thief bait that attracts criminals to our neighborhhods is pretty lame.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:12 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Haha, arjay, I'd be glad to. Just be careful when you park there, because I MIGHT just give you the address of another neighbor who hates when people park in front of their house, to teach them how to also have a good soul
Great idea, CC. We'll larn them a thing or two about urban parking.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It's like that in Cabbagetown too, sometimes. The farther away the county tag, the more likely there is to be valuables left in plain view in their cars. I don't mind walking a block or two, but clueless visitors leaving thief bait that attracts criminals to our neighborhhods is pretty lame.
That's why I like the idea of APD giving tickets or warnings to individuals that leave valuables in plan sight.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
That's why I like the idea of APD giving tickets or warnings to individuals that leave valuables in plan sight.
They should also make them sweep up and discard the broken glass that gets left behind when their window gets smashed.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:02 PM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,548 times
I think those permits are only on Juniper from 8th to 10th, right? So if you park on Juniper anywhere south of 8th - you're fine. I think those are more to deter all the drunks from 10th and Piedmont from the neighborhood.

I find the best parts to park for free for Piedmont Park are actually over by Park Ave - if you take Monroe North - and turn left/right at the light for Park Ave (first light after 10th St going north) - you can park on any of those streets without a permit and its a short 2-3 block walk into Piedmont Park over the bridge/above the dog park.

Paying for parking in the garage is just an excuse for laziness. There are plenty of free parking spots all within a 2-5 block walk.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,631,309 times
read this
//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...-not-park.html

Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
There are plenty of free parking spots all within a 2-5 block walk.
And 2 MARTA stations.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:40 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
I think those permits are only on Juniper from 8th to 10th, right? So if you park on Juniper anywhere south of 8th - you're fine. I think those are more to deter all the drunks from 10th and Piedmont from the neighborhood.

I find the best parts to park for free for Piedmont Park are actually over by Park Ave - if you take Monroe North - and turn left/right at the light for Park Ave (first light after 10th St going north) - you can park on any of those streets without a permit and its a short 2-3 block walk into Piedmont Park over the bridge/above the dog park.

Paying for parking in the garage is just an excuse for laziness. There are plenty of free parking spots all within a 2-5 block walk.
When people coming in from out of town ask us where to park we usually send them over to Argonne or Myrtle or 8th or 9th street. If they get there early they can stay all day and do the park, have dinner in Midtown, go to the museum, etc., and not spend a dime for parking.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
20+ pages. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: