Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 10:50 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Huh?!

I-85 NE all the way from downtown to Mall of Georgia (35 miles) is "hustle and bustle."

I-75 NW all the way from downtown to Wade Green Road in Kennesaw (30 miles) is "hustle and bustle."

I-75 S all the way from downtown to McDonough (32 miles) is "hustle and bustle."

1-20 E all the way from downtown to Salem Road in Conyers (30 miles) is "hustle and bustle."

GA 400 N all the way from downtown to Alpharetta (30 mile) is "hustle and bustle."
I suppose it's relative, but few of these areas gave me such a feeling.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM

The only obsession I see here is the obsession with Nairobi. I've seen my name mentioned like 15 times over the past two pages. If I were irrelevant, then I would be ignored, but I must make y'all feel some kind of way if my name just can't stay out of people's mouths.

For some perspective:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...366.html#stats

I post far more frequently in other forums than I do in this one, yet in a lame attempt to attack me, one poster in particular likes to claim I "live" here, when one can clearly see that I'm nothing but an old friend that likes to visit once in a while.

What it boils down to is that Nairobi isn't welcome in the Atlanta forum when he has something to say that Atlantans don't want to hear. Let's get over our insecurities folks.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Well I can say this, atleast Atlanta and Houston get along alot better than it's other Texas rival part. (Dallas). Not bashing Dallas but when someone says how nice Dallas is to a Houstonian it's all out war!!!
Not true. If someone were to tell me Dallas was nice, I would do nothing but agree with them.

Dallas vs. Houston is nothing but good old fashioned sibling rivalry. There's no real venom there

The Atlanta vs. Houston discussions wouldn't get so nasty if there were more people from each city that actually had some real experience with both.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,141,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The only obsession I see here is the obsession with Nairobi. I've seen my name mentioned like 15 times over the past two pages. If I were irrelevant, then I would be ignored, but I must make y'all feel some kind of way if my name just can't stay out of people's mouths.

For some perspective:

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...366.html#stats

I post far more frequently in other forums than I do in this one, yet in a lame attempt to attack me, one poster in particular likes to claim I "live" here, when one can clearly see that I'm nothing but an old friend that likes to visit once in a while.

What it boils down to is that Nairobi isn't welcome in the Atlanta forum when he has something to say that Atlantans don't want to hear. Let's get over our insecurities folks.
Kind of ironic considering the last few posts you've made in the Atlanta forum were in response to Houston being attacked. You usually add in a snide or witty remarks on a thread. Let's not talk about insecurities.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Kind of ironic considering the last few posts you've made in the Atlanta forum were in response to Houston being attacked. You usually add in a snide or witty remarks on a thread. Let's not talk about insecurities.
No, let's talk about them. What do you perceive mine to be?

I've always said I love Atlanta, but what strikes me is odd is how you're "sadly" here, still boosting it more than I ever could.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:26 AM

Exhibit A: Atlantan sneaks into the Houston forum to resurrect a dead thread, so he can talk about TI

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...ashamed-7.html

Old 10-31-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
No, let's talk about them. What do you perceive mine to be?

I've always said I love Atlanta, but what strikes me is odd is how you're "sadly" here, still boosting it more than I ever could.
Boosting isn't the same thing as being honest. When I talk about Atlanta in a positive or negative way, I'm being honest. I'm still hated by 90% of the Atlanta forum due to my harsh criticism of the city. I just hate Houston more than Atlanta so I really have nothing positive to say about the city. I mean, it has jobs and a good economy, but to me, there's nothing positive about it outside of that. Atlanta might have not the jobs or economy that Houston has, but I find it a more bustling and exciting city than Houston which isn't saying much because in relation to cities like SF and NYC, Atlanta is not that bustling or exciting either.

Let's not get it twisted that me hating Houston with a passion means that I'm boosting Atlanta and that I like living here. That couldn't be further from the truth. I just have no real desire to ever go back to Houston in my life again.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Boosting isn't the same thing as being honest. When I talk about Atlanta in a positive or negative way, I'm being honest. I'm still hated by 90% of the Atlanta forum due to my harsh criticism of the city. I just hate Houston more than Atlanta so I really have nothing positive to say about the city. I mean, it has jobs and a good economy, but to me, there's nothing positive about it outside of that. Atlanta might have not the jobs or economy that Houston has, but I find it a more bustling and exciting city than Houston which isn't saying much because in relation to cities like SF and NYC, Atlanta is not that bustling or exciting either.

Let's not get it twisted that me hating Houston with a passion means that I'm boosting Atlanta and that I like living here. That couldn't be further from the truth. I just have no real desire to ever go back to Houston in my life again.
You'll have to accept the fact that this doesn't mean much to me, since I'm convinced that you've never even been in the first place.

Seriously, who doesn't atleast know that the Toyota Center is downtown?

Folks may not always like what I have to say about Atlanta, but atleast I know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You'll have to accept the fact that this doesn't mean much to me, since I'm convinced that you've never even been in the first place.

Seriously, who doesn't atleast know that the Toyota Center is downtown?

Folks may not always like what I have to say about Atlanta, but atleast I know what I'm talking about.
When I went to Houston, I was in the area with the skyscrapers. I didn't go towards the Toyota Center area since there's really nothing around there anyway. That's pretty far away from the area I was at. I mean, hell, there's about a million parking lots separating the 2 areas.

Really, I don't care if you're convinced or not. Point is, I'm not boosting Atlanta and that you should NOT throw stones in a glass house. The last 3 different threads you've posted to on the Atlanta forum was in response to Houston being attacked. That's the ONLY time you post in the Atlanta forum these days. It's just hypocritical.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
When I went to Houston, I was in the area with the skyscrapers. I didn't go towards the Toyota Center area since there's really nothing around there anyway. That's pretty far away from the area I was at. I mean, hell, there's about a million parking lots separating the 2 areas.

Really, I don't care if you're convinced or not. Point is, I'm not boosting Atlanta and that you should NOT throw stones in a glass house. The last 3 different threads you've posted to on the Atlanta forum was in response to Houston being attacked. That's the ONLY time you post in the Atlanta forum these days. It's just hypocritical.
The fact of the matter is that you didn't explore downtown enough to know that two huge stadiums exist there, then you obviously didn't explore it enough to say what absolutely does not exist there.

Your credibility is shot, and there's no way around that. So whether you see me as being insecure or not, like I said, atleast I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Atlanta. You've already proved that you can't say as much. Have a seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta