Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,879,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
It's the times to that the AC doesn't work that people remember (or maybe it really doesn't matter when folks are packed that tight). Maybe they they underestimated MARTA use on purpose, so they can have fewer buses on call after games. At any rate, it would have been better if any of the iterations of the Braves stadium were the closer to rail.
Stadiums should be built near existing transit; not taxpayer-funded, multi-million dollar, transit lines built to stadiums. At least MB Stadium got that right.
Imagine how bad MARTA would look if TSPLOST passed and they started work on a multi-million dollar stub line to Turner Field.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:21 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Stadiums should be built near existing transit; not taxpayer-funded, multi-million dollar, transit lines built to stadiums. At least MB Stadium got that right.
Imagine how bad MARTA would look if TSPLOST passed and they started work on a multi-million dollar stub line to Turner Field.
I totally agree and they should BE CENTRALIZED. So everyone can access. Not just people in a certain section of town, Any city that does not want or desire to have their major league team in the core is not for that team. If the team does not want to be in the core they are not for that city. Plan and simple. The BRAVES said WE DONT WANT TO BE IN THE CORE. So listen to them.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:53 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,787,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I agree. That's what I would want.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:23 PM

356 posts, read 317,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I totally agree and they should BE CENTRALIZED. So everyone can access. Not just people in a certain section of town, Any city that does not want or desire to have their major league team in the core is not for that team. If the team does not want to be in the core they are not for that city. Plan and simple. The BRAVES said WE DONT WANT TO BE IN THE CORE. So listen to them.
Wonder what the folks in Boston would have to say about that, with the Patriots way out in Foxboro.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,881,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2atl View Post
Wonder what the folks in Boston would have to say about that, with the Patriots way out in Foxboro.
There is a rail station a few hundred feet from Gillette Stadium. Also, it is not the "Boston Patriots" playing there. The Patriots have played in Foxboro since they started playing in the NFL.

If the "Cobb Braves" had been playing there since the 60's no one would really care about STP being built for them (Well, besides Cobb taxpayers).

Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,406,787 times
This dude is taking the crown from corndog as being the most annoying poster. You try way too hard.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:19 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
The "Dallas Cowboys" play miles outside of Dallas city limits, and with no mass transit. And I'm sure there are other examples of that in pro sports.

The "Atlanta Braves" play just outside of Atlanta, with no mass transit (for now).

What are we even talking about in this thread?

Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 PM

643 posts, read 571,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
This dude is taking the crown from corndog as being the most annoying poster. You try way too hard.
What about me? I guess I'll have to step my game up to get mentioned

Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,881,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The "Dallas Cowboys" play miles outside of Dallas city limits, and with no mass transit. And I'm sure there are other examples of that in pro sports.

The "Atlanta Braves" play just outside of Atlanta, with no mass transit (for now).

What are we even talking about in this thread?
Yeah, no point in circling back to the already dead horse of pros and cons of if they should move to Cobb.

This thread should be about starting to analyze how successful this move is base on the opening week. And so far, attendance is trending well short of Braves' hopes.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:27 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
And so far, attendance is trending well short of Braves' hopes.
According to who? You?

What's your source on this particular random claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta