Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,190 times

Advertisements

I think what a lot of people miss with the current Braves hate from ITP'ers is the state of the organization itself. The ownership, the teams baseball operations, the training staff. That along with being frustrated from seeing fellow ATLiens who just seem to be cool with it. Yeah Liberty Media ain't no local darling, but they're that bad that we should've had the pitchforks out for them a long time ago. How the AJC doesn't even go at them pisses me off on the regular. That one article they posted a while back about them laughing at the Braves in one of their BOD meetings should've incited op-eds and protests. But all you heard was that one peep and then back to the heads in the sand. SMH. Look I'm no Cobb County fan myself but I had NO PROBLEM with them moving to the Northside of the Metro. Growing up here I know the dynamics of the area and I get it, if moving to that side helps the team draw better attendance then IM ALL FOR IT. I'm a sports fan and a homer, nothing I hated more than turning on a prime time game on ESPN and seeing empty seats in Turner Field. I've said it on here a thousand times, this team is hot garbage from top to bottom. That line they gave us about being competitive when they opened STP was a LIE. This team will suck for a while, they still make dumb player personnel and coaching moves which doesn't give me any hope for the future. But most folks just drink the Kool Aid, as if our teams ownership group isn't savvy in media and optics (Liberty MEDIA). Smh. So for the last time, a good number of us have no issue with the Braves move to Cobb. The F**K the Braves mentality that a good number of us share stems from nothing more than them destroying a once proud franchise in the name of corporate greed. The 90's seem like sooooo long ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:32 PM

4,414 posts, read 3,476,032 times
SunTrust Park attendance in 2017 just above last year's

Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,881,248 times
Quote:
After two sellout games to open the new ballpark in Cobb County, the Braves are averaging 25,160 tickets in seven games. In Turner Field’s final year, the Braves averaged 25,079 ticket holders per game.
Wow. It is looking like they might not even beat last years attendance numbers.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:47 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,268,603 times
Percentage-wise, they're crushing last year's attendance, since Turner Field had 8,400 higher capacity. But I guess that important tidbit doesn't fit your little narrative you keep pushing, so, sorry, just ignore that.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:05 PM

687 posts, read 745,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Percentage-wise, they're crushing last year's attendance, since Turner Field had 8,400 higher capacity. But I guess that important tidbit doesn't fit your little narrative you keep pushing, so, sorry, just ignore that.

On that basis they should have built a stadium with a 26,000 capacity and they would have truly been CRUSHING it with a 100% (percentage-wise) sell-out every game? C'mon now...

Old 05-03-2017, 02:12 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,881,248 times
Quote:
"Little League Team CRUSHES Sun Trust Park Attendance Numbers by selling out all games in 100 seat stadium"

Old 05-03-2017, 02:33 PM

Hey, if the team's above .500 and alive in the playoff picture coming down the fall stretch, and they're still below 30,000 attendance every night, then at that point I'll go ahead and join jsvh's hate camp. Until then, sorry, I don't expect a crap baseball team to draw in any kind of different numbers just because it's a different stadium. That novelty factor has worn off for any fan who has already been to a game at STP. It's kind of a one-time shot.

Attendance all depends on the team. Because that's the whole point. Ultimately you're there to watch the Braves, and the having some other stuff to walk to isn't going to draw you to watch a losing team, made up of players that you don't love.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:44 PM

4,401 posts, read 4,299,181 times
Braves suck what do you expect. GO NATS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,963,931 times
Quote:
Come on now, percentages don't mean a thing in this situation. No one is saying "Gee, they built a smaller stadium, guess I won't show up." Facts are facts. They're not drawing any additional people to STP (yet). They claimed to have moved the stadium to Cobb in order to be closer to the bulk of their fanbase, but it's not working (yet).

Quote:
Hey, if the team's above .500 and alive in the playoff picture coming down the fall stretch, and they're still below 30,000 attendance every night, then at that point I'll go ahead and join jsvh's hate camp. Until then, sorry, I don't expect a crap baseball team to draw in any kind of different numbers just because it's a different stadium. That novelty factor has worn off for any fan who has already been to a game at STP. It's kind of a one-time shot.

Attendance all depends on the team. Because that's the whole point. Ultimately you're there to watch the Braves, and the having some other stuff to walk to isn't going to draw you to watch a losing team, made up of players that you don't love.
Maybe the summer season will give attendance a nice boost. Maybe the Braves will figure out their horrible pitching, get back to winning consistently, and draw more fans.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:27 PM

Alright, conceded, I guess percentage doesn't matter.

But one thing that does matter though, is if every seat at both stadiums was/ is the same value (priced appropriately according to the view). If so, then 25,000 attendance compares evenly with 25,000 attendance.

But if there were generally better deals going on at Turner last year, cheaper seats closer to the field, then 2017 STP's 25,000 is better than 2016 Ted's 25,000.

And if you try to say that last year's low attendance was due to frustrated fans in the city because of the impending move, well, those fans aren't going to STP, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta