Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,263,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Oh, haven't you heard? Y'all are submissive and passive and freaky in bed. Except of course on the White Women Suck blog. According to that loser, you're all selfish and self-absorbed and you emasculate white men too.
I guess we're all sisters against misogyny, eh? We're all SAM!

I'll tell my husband you said I was submissive and passive....he'll laugh...then cry...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,407,594 times
Im just gonna tell it like it is and don't really care who likes it and who doesn't. I have dated every race under the sun and in many different locations. From black to white, from puerto rican to dominican, from persian to indian. And even though I have a woman now, I went through a lot of bs on the road to my final destination and most of the detourscame with BLACK women. Im not gonna be a basher because that's not my thing but it just is what it is. Overall, but not in all cases I had to deal with **** poor attitudes constantly. It was like some were so worried about me not LEADING her but making sure they were either in front or directly beside me that it just got annoying.

And lets talk about the women here in Atlanta. When I lived in DC I had no complaints about the sistasthere, mainly because regardless of what anyone here says they were far more cultured and well mannered. But here you have so many sistas with these ridiculous expectations, not to mention a LARGE portion of them are trying to live WAY beyond their means just to try and maintain that "keeping up with the jones" false appearance. Kind of like those pathetic sistas on that housewives of Atlanta show that ended up getting exposed for what they really were, broke and fake.

I remember not too long ago a black female came on here asking where to find "professional black men" in Atlanta, and when someone suggested she try a blue collar brother rather than the white she dismissed it damn near as an insult. A LARGE portion of women here are more attracted to what type of car a man drives than they are to his personality. Maybe that explains why the dudes here that sell dope NEVER have a shortage of sistas trying to get on their team, and im not talking about hoodrat quality females either.

Then there are those that expect to meet LL Cool J or Denzel lookin dudes but they don't look like two nickels rubbed together themselves. And I won't even go into the whole craze here that sistas are using to justify calling themselves "thick" when they know in actuality they are bbw. And im not saying there is anything wrong with bbw but embrace who you are. The need to call yourself something you're not shows that you obviously aren't happy with yourself.

All in all I still have love for the sistas, as my lady is haitian, but I have to HONESTLY say I don't know ANY other race that puts their men through the type of garbage that a LARGE portion of these sistas do. Then of course the man is ALWAYS the one that gets crucified for it. Just like with all of the single mothers running around here with the father nowhere to be found, yes the father deserves to take in half the blame. But no one ever speaks on the fact that so many of these sistas are laying up with their legs open and not even ATTEMPTING to make these dudes put on a condom. At the end of the day, during consensual sex the woman is the one that has the say so on whether sex takes place or not. If more would simply say "no condom no sex" that in itself would have a MASSIVE effect on the number of out of wedlock kids being made out here. But of course, the brotha has to take the fall for that too. Even though my lady is on birth control and we never go unprotected, she damn sure is gonna check to make sure that condom is on before any sex occurs.

As I said before, I dated all spectrums of women and I NEVER dealt with the Bs I had to deal with with a LARGE number of the sistas here. Its just like I tell my sister all the time, that same dude you're looking over because he's driving the Honda is the same one that would probably treat you right... but you let him drive past to wait on the dude in the 745.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Im just gonna tell it like it is and don't really care who likes it and who doesn't. I have dated every race under the sun and in many different locations. From black to white, from puerto rican to dominican, from persian to indian. And even though I have a woman now, I went through a lot of bs on the road to my final destination and most of the detourscame with BLACK women. Im not gonna be a basher because that's not my thing but it just is what it is. Overall, but not in all cases I had to deal with **** poor attitudes constantly. It was like some were so worried about me not LEADING her but making sure they were either in front or directly beside me that it just got annoying.

And lets talk about the women here in Atlanta. When I lived in DC I had no complaints about the sistasthere, mainly because regardless of what anyone here says they were far more cultured and well mannered. But here you have so many sistas with these ridiculous expectations, not to mention a LARGE portion of them are trying to live WAY beyond their means just to try and maintain that "keeping up with the jones" false appearance. Kind of like those pathetic sistas on that housewives of Atlanta show that ended up getting exposed for what they really were, broke and fake.

I remember not too long ago a black female came on here asking where to find "professional black men" in Atlanta, and when someone suggested she try a blue collar brother rather than the white she dismissed it damn near as an insult. A LARGE portion of women here are more attracted to what type of car a man drives than they are to his personality. Maybe that explains why the dudes here that sell dope NEVER have a shortage of sistas trying to get on their team, and im not talking about hoodrat quality females either.

Then there are those that expect to meet LL Cool J or Denzel lookin dudes but they don't look like two nickels rubbed together themselves. And I won't even go into the whole craze here that sistas are using to justify calling themselves "thick" when they know in actuality they are bbw. And im not saying there is anything wrong with bbw but embrace who you are. The need to call yourself something you're not shows that you obviously aren't happy with yourself.

All in all I still have love for the sistas, as my lady is haitian, but I have to HONESTLY say I don't know ANY other race that puts their men through the type of garbage that a LARGE portion of these sistas do. Then of course the man is ALWAYS the one that gets crucified for it. Just like with all of the single mothers running around here with the father nowhere to be found, yes the father deserves to take in half the blame. But no one ever speaks on the fact that so many of these sistas are laying up with their legs open and not even ATTEMPTING to make these dudes put on a condom. At the end of the day, during consensual sex the woman is the one that has the say so on whether sex takes place or not. If more would simply say "no condom no sex" that in itself would have a MASSIVE effect on the number of out of wedlock kids being made out here. But of course, the brotha has to take the fall for that too. Even though my lady is on birth control and we never go unprotected, she damn sure is gonna check to make sure that condom is on before any sex occurs.

As I said before, I dated all spectrums of women and I NEVER dealt with the Bs I had to deal with with a LARGE number of the sistas here. Its just like I tell my sister all the time, that same dude you're looking over because he's driving the Honda is the same one that would probably treat you right... but you let him drive past to wait on the dude in the 745.

It's because us white women are cruel and silent...like death...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,427,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post

You just spoke the truth my man!!! You had me laughing, tapping my feet, and teary eyed about the BBW women calling themselves thick...
You rocked it!!!
Im with you....Got myself a good Caribbean woman myself, same as yours.
I walked in shoes very similar to yours, dated many races, cultures etc...End result was similar to yours.
You laid it down...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 AM

109 posts, read 192,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
You just spoke the truth my man!!! You had me laughing, tapping my feet, and teary eyed about the BBW women calling themselves thick...
You rocked it!!!
Im with you....Got myself a good Caribbean woman myself, same as yours.
I walked in shoes very similar to yours, dated many races, cultures etc...End result was similar to yours.
You laid it down...
I'm so tired of those women calling themselves thick! Overweight is overweight, period. Again, it's so difficult NOT to be "thick" though when it comes to Black men. What's up with that? I am working on being in really good shape but Black male friends complain that I will "lose my shape." Why can our people not be healthy?!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM

550 posts, read 1,638,535 times
Quote:
Oh, haven't you heard? Y'all are submissive and passive and freaky in bed. Except of course on the White Women Suck blog. According to that loser, you're all selfish and self-absorbed and you emasculate white men too.
Yeah, I've heard this one - from my black gf I mentioned upthread.

So, I asked my husband if this describes me, he said "NO!"

"Not even the third one?"

"Maybe a little bit, but no more so than your average black woman."

Then he went on to tell me about local rumors he'd heard, from a co-worker, about what the moving company who moved Dante Culpepper's family from Minnesota to Miami found in the Culpepper master bedroom.

BTW, Dante is not one of those NFL players who made it big and then went out and got himself a white woman. Dante married to his h.s. sweetheart - a sista.

[Charges Against Dante for the Sex Boat Scandal on Lake Minnetonka were dropped before going to trial.]

Last edited by StPaulEastSider; 05-19-2009 at 12:27 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM

216 posts, read 413,880 times
Quote:
Nope, never said any such thing. Actually, I never gave black men any recommendations at all. From the first, my comments were directed towards black women. What 'tired black men' do is their business. Put up with drama, don't put up with drama, jump into the Chattahoochee, I really don't care. The fact that you're tired, and why, is not my problem. I'm not your mama.

Man, I must've fallen down a rabbit hole. Did you really tell me, a woman, that I'm supposed to be focused on MEN'S problems? Why on earth would that be? I'm a woman. It's men's responsibility to deal with men's problems. Not women. I wouldn't know you if I ran you over in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Why on earth would I be concerned about your problems?

Actually that's not true. Women are the keeper of the culture, and we can certainly continue to produce and rear black children for many generations to come. Not to mention the fact that most of the black men on this earth aren't black American men. There's plenty of black and brown men on this planet for black women to produce children with.
No disrespect intended, Roslyn, but if your written words are this sharp, I would hate to hear you speak! I'm all for truth and keeping it real, but I was also taught that it's not just what you say, but HOW you say it. When your husband gets on your nerves or makes you angry, is this the way you talk to him? Or is this level of animosity reserved only for black men?

I don't detect an iota of compassion or understanding from you for the struggles black men - even successful ones who "handle their business" - go through living in this country. I'm not saying black women should enable and/or coddle trifling men (even Steve Harvey calls them this in his book, so fellas don't get on me), and for these men I have no good words. But, damn, sista!

Unlike you, I believe my destiny is tied to the black man's, and I'm not about to let a few knuckleheads run me away. I will never be able to connect with men of other races to the same spiritual/metaphysical degree that I can with a black man (my definition of black man includes men who are part black and also identify with us) - and I don't need to "try" a white/other man to find out. This is what I know, innately. I don't have time for man-boys, but I believe that there is a grown black man out there somewhere for me, so that's why I don't give up on them. I know that at some point, while I'm out living my life to it's fullest, he will find me.

Last, but certainly not least... yes, there are many black men the world over. But, their history is not my history. Their struggle is not my struggle. My apologies to the Pan-Africanists among us, but it's true. However, my first choice will always be a black or black/mixed man (from wherever) before any other group of non-black men.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,715,111 times
Quote:
And I won't even go into the whole craze here that sistas are using to justify calling themselves "thick" when they know in actuality they are bbw. And im not saying there is anything wrong with bbw but embrace who you are. The need to call yourself something you're not shows that you obviously aren't happy with yourself.

I'm healthy!

You preachin tho, bruh...

Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRo View Post
Last, but certainly not least... yes, there are many black men the world over. But, their history is not my history. Their struggle is not my struggle. My apologies to the Pan-Africanists among us, but it's true. However, my first choice will always be a black or black/mixed man (from wherever) before any other group of non-black men.
Yeah, because a lot of those black guys...their history is much, much worse and waaaay more recent (Rwanda, Darfur, Angola, ZA, etc)....take it from the white lady who works in the effort to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS all over the world.

I'm not knocking your view of the necessisity of American black heterosexual relationships...your attitude is certainly affirming for black men, at least on the surface. But you seem to run a very exclusive and therefore potentially naive mindset. Again, it doesn't appear to be destructive, only that it could hamstring you.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM

216 posts, read 413,880 times
Well, I can do by myself. It's not pride, it's a fact. I do it out of necessity, because I'm single and have only one income and if I don't do it, I'll be sitting outside. And, because I can support myself, I don't feel I have to accept bad behavior from men because my livelihood depends on them. That's just how it is, it's not a badge of honor. At least not to me.

Don't think for one minute that if I met the right man, who was equipped and ready* to be head of household, and he wanted to marry me and set up housekeeping and have me stay at home, and have us depend solely on his income that I wouldn't? After I was revived from the vapors, I'd be like .

*Equipped and ready to assume the leadership position within a family entails many things like mental and spiritual maturity, fairness, compassion, kindness, ability to make sound decisions, ability to provide financially, good self-esteem, and exerting more control over ego than it exerts over him, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
People lost a certain level of honest interdependance. They have this pride of "I can do by myself, or "I'm a strong woman/man" nonsense. Self convincing nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta