Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
ryan dunn was fairly popular, and he went in a 911 gt3
Ryan Dunn is no James Dean. However, that's a notable table that's being prepared. This table is reserved for those killed by a Porsche.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 12-02-2013 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I know who you got "It" from. Maybe you didn't but I thought it was a funny coincidence.

It's not people shouldn't talk about speeding but people shouldn't mouth off before the results come back and even then it isn't always 100% because there will never be an account of how it happened. The people in the car won't say anything either.

In a Porsche Carrera GT (or similar hypercars), it is entirely possible to do 45 to 55 and end up like that. You touch that thing at more than 30 mph and it is totaled. I learned the hard way with my old NSX. That's the joy of aluminum and/or carbon fiber monocoque. Fantastic for handling but the integrity is so compromised after collisions that it is mind-blowing. You make a collision at that speed around a pole or tree and something can easily ignite.
I just don't think the average person can comprehend that some of these high HP cars will light the tires up at 50 plus MPH. Just imagine the boost coming up, tires breaking loose on uneven pavement and next thing you know your out of control. Years ago a friend took my dad for a ride in a Dodge Viper. Now this friend drove an 8 second small tired drag car on a weekly basis (dragstrip) so he had a feel for HP and a car moving around...well he hit third gear in that Viper and the car instantly came around on him. He ended up over the curb and thru a mailbox. Things happen in these cars and happen fast.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
Very sad thing what happened. Sad thing Hollywood glamourizes this stuff like they do guns , violence, but when something tragic happends they are dumbfounded.
Cars , gun, drugs, whatever if abused will have a terrible ending.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Very sad thing what happened. Sad thing Hollywood glamourizes this stuff like they do guns , violence, but when something tragic happends they are dumbfounded.
Cars , gun, drugs, whatever if abused will have a terrible ending.
Maybe we should all wear helmets and live in child safe rooms eh?

The man lived, did great things, and had an awesome life. Accidents happen. Just because someone had an accident, doesn't mean we can deny people the right to cars, pointy things, and guns.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:54 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Yeah the sad thing is that he wasn't even driving.

RIP!
Sounds like a last minute decision to jump in that car. Car was Walker's, right? So tragic. I remember when we lost James Dean............I had no idea that those cars were so fragile. Built for speed, I guess safety not top priority? Wonder if there will be any evidence that the car was tampered with? Those men had no chance. Something seems very wrong, here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends and fans of both men. Too soon. Too sad.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
You know, not every high-profile death needs a conspiracy theory. The vast, vast, vast majority of everyone who has ever died in the history of mankind died with no conspiracy involved.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Maybe we should all wear helmets and live in child safe rooms eh?

The man lived, did great things, and had an awesome life. Accidents happen. Just because someone had an accident, doesn't mean we can deny people the right to cars, pointy things, and guns.

I didnt say antying about denying anyone. Just talking about irresponsible people abusing their priveledges and such.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Sounds like a last minute decision to jump in that car. Car was Walker's, right? So tragic. I remember when we lost James Dean............I had no idea that those cars were so fragile. Built for speed, I guess safety not top priority? Wonder if there will be any evidence that the car was tampered with? Those men had no chance. Something seems very wrong, here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends and fans of both men. Too soon. Too sad.
I Agree^^^^
Although it was the street,not a race track,Roger Rodas was an accomplished Race car driver.He had driven GTS class and was runner up for rookie of the year.
But as i mentioned,driving on the street and driving on the track are two totally different beast.

Video Footage seconds after the crash
******very sad and not for the faint*******

**REAL VIDEO..Paul Walker died in fatal Car accident. Paul Walker crash scene footage: - YouTube

Nice article in Auto Week
Driver in Paul Walker crash was racer in his own right: Roger Rodas: 1975-2013 - Autoweek Racing Car News - Autoweek

Old 12-03-2013, 10:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
[quote=Suncc49;32465089]Maybe we should all wear helmets and live in child safe rooms eh?{/quote]

Or perhaps not allow money to overwhelm our brains. According to one report, one quarter of the 1,300 GT3's have already been totaled sort of a Darwinian race to real exclusivity.

Quote:
Accidents happen.
Actually, accidents happen for a reason, one of which is poor judgement.

Quote:
Just because someone had an accident, doesn't mean we can deny people the right to cars, pointy things, and guns.
Oh, I agree, its god's way of saying that you make too much money.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:12 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I Agree^^^^
Although it was the street,not a race track,Roger Rodas was an accomplished Race car driver.He had driven GTS class and was runner up for rookie of the year.
But as i mentioned,driving on the street and driving on the track are two totally different beast.

Video Footage seconds after the crash
******very sad and not for the faint*******

**REAL VIDEO..Paul Walker died in fatal Car accident. Paul Walker crash scene footage: - YouTube

Nice article in Auto Week
Driver in Paul Walker crash was racer in his own right: Roger Rodas: 1975-2013 - Autoweek Racing Car News - Autoweek
Car tampered with? That's quite a stretch.

Even professionals make mistakes and especially when out on the road you don't know what you might run into or over. Could even turn out to be a mechanical failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive