Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,296,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
I respectively disagree with your line of thinking.
You have to use logic to debate it, and you can't You simply disagree because of ignorance.

If speed cause crashes, logically, everyone EVERYWHERE that drove fast would crash. Since they don't, it can't be what causes crashes. PERIOD. Use logic to defend YOUR position.

It's not the cause, never has been, never will be. And no, little Suzy, it's not poor driving. Try to tell that to Germans on the autobahn or race car drivers that they are poor drivers. They'll laugh in your face.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I wish you could get the license plate of the tailgater and charge him with attempted murder because anyone that tailgates is threatening the life of anyone in the car he is tailgating. Back off!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,721 times
i drive defensively and the one thing you cant control is a monkey tailgating you

i just dont understand why it is so difficult to maintain a lil safety distance between cars

i seen some clown just yesterday full up to a car stopped at the light in the next lane with about 4-5" in between... wtf?

when someone is too close i'll ease up expecting them to get the message, instead what they do is ease up too. smh

Old 06-28-2014, 03:23 PM

24,476 posts, read 26,012,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
You have to use logic to debate it, and you can't You simply disagree because of ignorance.

If speed cause crashes, logically, everyone EVERYWHERE that drove fast would crash. Since they don't, it can't be what causes crashes. PERIOD. Use logic to defend YOUR position.

It's not the cause, never has been, never will be. And no, little Suzy, it's not poor driving. Try to tell that to Germans on the autobahn or race car drivers that they are poor drivers. They'll laugh in your face.
Me thinks Paul Walker and Roger Rodas would disagree with you.

The topic shouldn't even have to be debatable.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post

Are you ready to hear how your logic is flawed Merc63?

Ready or not here it is: I propose that reaction-time shortage causes most accidents. If everyone had fast enough reaction time to an in progress incident, they wouldn't turn into accidents right? With increased driving speed, there is less time available for someone to react (whether or not their reaction time is short or long). Therefore with that logic, driving at higher speeds does cause more accidents.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:50 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post

Ready or not here it is: I propose that reaction-time shortage causes most accidents. If everyone had fast enough reaction time to an in progress incident, they wouldn't turn into accidents right? With increased driving speed, there is less time available for someone to react (whether or not their reaction time is short or long). Therefore with that logic, driving at higher speeds does cause more accidents.
That has more to do with the proper distance between cars, then it dose with speed. If two cars are going 90 mph, but the car behind is 10 car lengths behind, they will have more time to stop, then two cars going 50 with 1 car length between them.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:57 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
That has more to do with the proper distance between cars, then it dose with speed. If two cars are going 90 mph, but the car behind is 10 car lengths behind, they will have more time to stop, then two cars going 50 with 1 car length between them.
LOL - stop messing with my logic Me007! You're right of course...

Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,670,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post

If this were the case, why don't we see more accidents on the Autobahn?

Poor driving habits causes accidents, not higher speeds.

Tailgating
Failing to move from the overtaking lane for vehicles that are attempting to pass
Failure to signal properly
Failure to maintain a safe distance between vehicles
.... and the list goes on and on.

Personally, I stay out of the left lane if I am not overtaking other vehicles and leave it open for others to use. The speed limit is not my job to enforce nor anyone other than law enforcement. By trying to enforce the speed limit yourself, you contribute to an unsafe driving situation. It's been beat to death on here, but it's extremely simple.

Extend some driving courtesy and pay attention to your surroundings and follow general safety practices. Then if someone wants to pass at 100mph+ let them. It's none of your business, plus they get by you that much faster and the "danger" is no longer your concern since the "threat" has moved on.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM

159 posts, read 292,347 times
This thread explains why so many people have road rage.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,974,387 times
Road rage are cause by inconsiderate, oblivious, careless,reckless drivers.

It's simple. If some one tail gate you, jus simply get out of the way. Why bother holding them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive